Week 6 Fantasy football Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Oct 8, 2014.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What's up guys?

This is more of a week 7 question as it pertains to defense for next week but I'm dropping someone this week. I'm looking to pick up a defense for next week (Arizona vs Oakland) who would you drop? My opponent for week 7 doesn't have a defense and Arizona vs Oakland is a juicy matchup.

Who would you drop?

Hauskcka or Novak? -- leaning towards Novak because hauskcka had his bye week already and I don't wanna lose both of them if I drop hauskcka now and Novak when San Diego goes on bye

Khiry Robinson -- Ingram comes back in a week and they are on bye week

Marvin Jones -- I have hopes for this guy to be a solid flex player in a .5 PPR if he comes back healthy

CJ Anderson -- montee ball is out for a few weeks and everyone is on the hillman hype train but CJ Anderson could take his workload after hillman muffs up his job

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - forgot to add my defense this week is Denver vs jets so that's a must play. I just don't wanna lose them this week either so they aren't droppable

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Need help. :)

Pick 2 RB's: Frank Gore, Ahmad Bradshaw, Ben Tate, Andre Williams(Giants RB-Rashad Jennings is out)

Pick 3 WR's: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin.

Pick QB: Foles or Tom Brady.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Frank Gore and Bradshaw. Obviously Gore, but Bradshaw has consistently put up very good numbers. I wouldn't trust Tate right now.

Dez Bryant and AJ Green. Dez and AJ will likely get you big points. Both are centerpoints of their respective teams. Wes Welker didn't have a big game last week and Harvin is really hit or miss.

Brady. Brady is on a mission right now and about to play the Bills, a division game. Have a feeling he lights it up

Brook! likes this.
  4. dawinner127

Andre Williams is a must start. He's going to get every single carry. Peyton Hillis who?? I would go with Tate over the other two. St. Louis always plays San Fran tight and I don't like Indianapolis on a short week at a divisional opponent this week.

Aj green Percy and welker. Your solid enough at wr where you can sit dez.

Qb - foles at home. Buffalo gets to the qb and that could rattle tommy boy

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

Thanks Falco thanks dawinner.

Both of you guys gave opposite answers and now I need Mangolden Showers tell me his take.

Stokes, are you there?

6. Falco21

Lol

Complete opposites haha

Except the first week, Dez Bryant has scored over 10 points every week. He is playing Seattle, but as last week showed, Seattle can give up a lot of yards to one guy, DeSean Jackson.

While Ben Tate is a good option, he hasn't played in weeks. He is now labeled as "probable". Not sure if I'd take a gamble on him.

Percy Harvin is hard. He can have a huge game, but when will that be? Last week he had three TD taken away, but he hasn't had a big game yet.

Brook! likes this.
  7. Brook!

Yep Falco

Percy is killing me. But good thing is I am 4-1 even though Percy underperformed. But this week I really need 3 stud WR's. I am leaning towards benching Percy for Wes Welker. Welker might have a good game against the Jets.

8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

They can't keep taking MORE TDs away from Harvin, can they?

_

Brook! likes this.
  9. Falco21

I'm stuck in that issue also. I have Welker in one of my leagues. I'm 5-0 there. Last week Manning had a field day against Arizona. He threw to the Thomas brothers and Sanders and Welker only got 5 points.

I'm also at the point where I'm scared with one hit, Welker is out with his concussion problem. Tough position to be in lol

Brook! likes this.
  10. Brook!

Thanks Falco

After considering everything, I will go with Stokes suggestions.

11. JStokes

Welker concerns me because he's always a concussion threat.

Of course against the Jets he's always a threat to score 3 TDs on 8 receptions for 107 yards. :D

_

12. Brook!

So what are you saying, start Welker instead of Percy?

13. dawinner127

Seattle defense at home is much different than on the road. Also.. Dez isn't a burner like desean. Dez should be kept in check. The upside of the other 2 WRs he listed is much higher this week than Dez.

The other options are better IMO. Aj green is an obvious choice. We clearly saw Monday that Seattle wants to get the ball Into harvins hands. Welker is back and plays vs us. If we continue to blitz all 3rd down manning will have absolutely no problem dumping it off to welker and watch him rack up the YAC.

Ben Tate played last week and accounted for 120 yards. He's a must start at home vs a banged up Pittsburgh defense.

14. Falco21

My mistake. I didn't realize he came back last game.

In that case, then yeah, I'd start him. I never like starting a guy the game he returns from injury.

15. JStokes

2 RBs--Sproles, Bush, Spiller. I'm thinking this is the week to sit Sproles but Bush tweaked an ankle so I may wait on this one.

3 WRs/Flex--Tate, Green, Hopkins, Patterson. I'm thinking I gotta go with Green and Hopkins and Tate may be a little banged up. Time to go back to Patterson?

TE--is this the week to switch to my preseason number 1 TE Jordan Cameron or stick with Bennett who up until last week was pretty good?

_

16. JStokes

Hahaha no--you just never know with that guy against the Jets. He could be gone in the first quarter.

Harvin just looked so dynamic the other night, he just got reffed.

_

17. Falco21

Yeah luckily I did amazing every where else but Bennett almost fucked me last week.

He had like 2 points haha

18. dawinner127

Spiller and sproles.

Tate Green and Hopkins. Can't trust Patterson at all right now. Bridgewater looks for Wright a lot and Patterson can't get open. He's a bad route runner. This is a classic example of norv not knowing how to get the ball into his playmakers hands.

I would also go with Bennett again. That game in Atlanta could be very high scoring vs the Bears as both defenses are subpar

Brook! likes this.
  19. JStokes

Good point. I need to see SOMETHING out of Jordan before I play him.

_

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. dawinner127

AJ green carted off in practice...seems like the toe again. Saw it on roto earlier