Week 5 Fantasy Football Help

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by JStokes, Oct 1, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

2 out of 3 RBs--Sproles (playing Rams), Bush and Spiller playing each other--both good run defenses

3 WR/Flex--Patterson, AJ Green, Tate and Andre Hopkins. I think Tate is a definite, but Green and Patterson are playing good pass defenses.

And here's the emotional one--do I start SD's defense against the Jets (fumbles, INTs, etc) or do I start Cinncy defense versus a pissed off Patriot team in Foxboro on Sunday night?

_

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Stokes.

Here is how I see it.

RB's : Sproles at home is good. Pick him for sure. My other choice is Bush. He is at home. Though Bills' run D is good, not as good as Detroit.

WR's : AJ, Patterson, Tate.

D : San Diego is a safe bet. Cincy is good but they will be playing against a pissed of Pats on the road.

3. Brook!

Now my dilemma

Greg Olsen or Jared Cook at Tight End?

Also Wes Welker or Percy Harvin at Flex.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Brook:

-Olsen all the way. Jared Cook had one monster game opening day last year, otherwise he always disappoints. Olsen has been much more consistent producer in his career and having a better season (has 2 TD's to cooks 0), I like his matchup better.

- Harvin can take any play to the house and he has a great matchup against WAS this week. Go with your playmakers. Welker has a tough ARI matchup and it's his 2nd game back, with all the other weapons in Denver I'm keeping Welker on the bench until he starts producing.

Stokes:

I agree with Brook on your RB situation. Here's my take on your wideouts...

I don't think you can bench DeAndre Hopkins. He's producing every week. It happened sooner than I thought, but he's here and for real.

AJ is your star, he needs to be in the lineup always.

CP should be on star status also but it is infuriating because Norv Turner is a jackass. CP had over 100 yds and a TD week one on like 2 carries. Since then he's been given ZERO carries. Norv seems content to revel in his cleverness of using his best weapon as a decoy. That said, CP is a baller and the week you bench him could be the week he scores 30 points.

Tate is a number two and has not been a redzone factor but ppr he's a pretty safe bet for ten or so points. I couldn't blame you for playing Tate instead of CP.

Defense/ST: the Chargers are a top ten play this week, unfortunate for us in real life (lol). I have some other teams above them though (what are the other D/ST available to you?). I don't believe in a Patriots offensive bounce back but if you do keep the Bengals on the pine. This week I am rolling with the Eagles. I only have the Seahawks and Steelers above them this week. The Browns have good matchup this week against TEN and a great one next week against JAX. Always look to play the D/ST that plays against JAX, they are a D/ST gold mine this year.

By the way, the only D/ST I would save a roster space for is the Seahawks. Otherwise I advocate streaming the matchups week to week, so if there's a player on the wire that you want to stash I would do it and just cut the Bengals D/ST loose - you're not even playing them most of the time (nor should you be). Say Bobby Rainey is available - he's a Doug Martin injury away from being a top 10-15 back - Bishop Sankey takeover is in the works, he could be top 15 rest of the way - or is Andre Holmes there? If McGloin is the QB then Holmes is comin out of the woodwork, he's to McGloin what Riley Cooper was to Foles last year. Need a TE, I'll take a shot at ASJ. Now that he's playing again, Evans is out for 2-4 and VJ has a messed up wrist, an ASJ awakening could happen. VJ caught the game winner last week but that was it, it was Evans all game and the drive before Glennon targeted ASJ in the redzone a couple times in a row. Point is, one of these guys pops and you can have some really nice depth/trade ammo instead of just holding and extra D/ST, most of the time there'll probably be a D/ST on the wire that's just as good a play as the Bengals that week anyway.

BigSnacks54 and Brook! like this.
  5. JStokes

I don't get migraines but if there were a strobe light in my office right now I think I'd be popping Relpax like chicklets after reading this post.

_

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Haha sorry old man I'm on adderall today

7. Brook!

Thanks MS

You are the best.

74 likes this.
  8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Need to replace Dennis Pitta in my lineup. Should I pick up Jason Witten or Jared Cook? Witten seems to be having a down year, but who the hell knows what Cook is. Owen Daniels has also become available.

9. JStokes

And I'm on my second bottle of a Super Tuscan and I'm even more confused.

I will take your advice under consideration tomorrow.

POSSIBLY.

_

74 likes this.
  10. JStokes

I thought I was the best.

I am disappoint.

_

11. Brook!

Well. In fantasy football, MS is the best. For everything else, Stokes rulez.

12. JStokes

MS was clamoring for Lasagna Cereal the other day.

I make an Eggs in Purgatory that would put any theoretical tomato sauce based cereal to shame.

I would think that would get me some props.

_

Brook! likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

What 3 recievers do I start?

Malcolm Floyd, AJ Green, Percy Harvin, Brandin Cooks, and Jeremy Kerley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

AJ green harvin and cooks for sure.

AJ green is a must start
    Harvin has a good matchup vs Washington this week (and I just traded for harvin today too lol)
    Cooks at home where New Orleans always put up numbers.

My question for you guys if you don't mind..

Choose 1: Bishop sankey vereen or Khiry Robinson. Leaning towards sankey due to the easy matchup vs Cleveland who has allowed 2nd most FPPG to running backs in my league.

Choose 1: one of, sankey, vereen khiry Robinson or Quick. Whoever you chose for option 1 you can't pick here.

.5 ppr too

74 likes this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Its def not a bad problem to have. I was kinda leaning that way. But the Floyd thing was under consideration because the jets have given up a lot of fantasy points to receivers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

16. JStokes

How dare you.

_

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol !

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I agree with you on Sankey. That flex is tough. I wanna be done with anybody NE except Edelfuck, but I gotta lean Vereen because it's half ppr, he's the best talent of the 3, and NE gives him touches when the game matters. Quick has been producing but he's not making many catches. Khiry who knows NO backfield always seems like a mess.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not so much week 5 specific, but could be:

I just picked up Marvin Jones thinking I outsmarted the rest of the league who hyped him up saying they would steal him week 4 when everyone else forgot about him. Well now he's hurt, and Ryan Mathews is sitting on the waiver wire.

We start 3WRs, 2 RBs and a flex in a PPR league. My current RB crop is Foster, Stacy, Gore, Sproles. My current WR crop is Megatron, Garcon, VJax, Harvin, Jennings. Do I drop Jones to pick up Mathews for week 7 forward? Or do I hang on to Jones hoping he turns into everything he was last year?

20. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I think Harvin will have a big game vs Washington, Id go with him

Id also go Olsen over Cook because I dont trust the Rams QBs

Brook! likes this.