Week 2 Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 18, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs
    Jermaine Kearse - clearly our best WR. made a great TD grab on a deep pass as well. caught 4 for 64 and 2 TDs

McCown - this is more of a pity stud. He played his heart out. had 2 long runs on 3rd downs for 1st downs and threw for 2 TDs and no INTs and a 68% completions (would be higher if not for a few drops) on the flip side he only led the team to 20 points and threw for only 166 yards. that isn't going to cut it in the NFL. Also had kerly wide open on one play and completely missed it.

Forte - for all the talks that he was done, forte played a hell of a game. 91 yards on only 13 touches. averages almost 6 YPC and looked good out there.

Maguire - I love the way this kid runs. he brought a spark to the offense with his bruising style. only 31 yards but averages over 5 Yards per touch.

Catanzaro - remains money on the season. drilling FGs and kicking good on kickoffs. right decision was made here

Adams and Maye - The rookies were flying around the ball, making plays and big hits.

Claiborne - held the explosive cooper in check.

Duds

Raymond - why is he still on the team? 3 fumbles in 2 games on returns only. The jets were in good position at the half. 2 mins left with the ball and down by 4 and getting the ball to start the half. really couldn't have expected anything better at that point. but nope raymond blows it by muffing the punt giving OAK a 11 point lead going into the half we never recovered from

Anderson - not what I expected form him at all. he's been largely held to nothing all year and invisible. really needs to be a number 3 speed WR. he can't get open and when he does McCown can't hit him anyway. Maybe if petty comes in we can see the anderson of last year

Powell - didn't do anything running the ball and had a few drops in the pass game. a rare stinker for powell both forte and maguire outplayed him

Every WR not named kearse - Yeah I pointed out anderson but what about peake, stewart, kerly, all invisable. our issues at WR are real. Maybe we can bring in cobb in the offseason.

Front 7 - not gonna highlight anyone in particular here. it was just bad. we got gashed again on the ground. williams was held in check with double teams all day and wilk flat out sucked. couldn't even get a sack as a free runner. He's not the player he was before the injury. our OLBs are just bad and davis had a rough game too. Lee actually played pretty good and isn't a dud on his own, but the whole unit stuck so he gets lumped in. We also got practically 0 pressure on carr

Justin Burris - got owned by crabtree all day. not much more to say

Turnovers - as in our defense creates none. we need to force some fumbles and get some INTs.

Refs - not that it effected the outcome but the refs were bad. the tackle on forte should not have been penalized and the hit from skrine on a defenseless receiver was bogus as well. and shame on bowles for not arguing the point like del rio did. Wouldn't have made a difference but still. I also seen a ton of holding not called as well.

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I wonder if Watt complains his lack of production on double teams. These guys need to be able to beat an occasional double team.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

I agree hence why he is in the duds

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Mo is gonna be gone by the end of this season. We do free up cap space if we cut him after this year.

ajax and GasedAndConfused like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Stud- me, for putting Crabtree on my draft kings team because I know how well our draft picks have been working out.

6. GasedAndConfused

it's possible indeed. If the front 7 wans't so bad a s a whole i'd probably have given ealy a stud. dude is always around the ball and has a high motor

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It was a no brainer to start him over Dez

FJF likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Great! Then Mac will have a built-in excuse for drafting a DT instead of a QB or LT in the 1st round next year.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I thought you were a Maccagnan fan?

On another note it seems as though or two 'best' players (Leo and Wilkerson) seem to be regressing from not being put in the right position to win their assignments.

ColoradoContrails and legler82 like this.
  10. FJF

i took horrible running backs, i could have had a decent winner

11. FJF

nah, we broke him.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

RBs are always the toughest to predict IMO. I recently joined this league, fucking 24 roster spots man. What was I thinking? No RBs on the waiver wire ...

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

I hear ya. I just traded Dez for DeMarco Murray to add runningback depth and he's now day to day and ceded his carries to Henry. Also took Jordan Howard in that league So hard to draft runningbacks these days.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Brandon Shell did a pretty decent job vs Mack. And Morton was smart enough to help the OTs out with extra blockers in certain formations.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  15. FJF

Oh, I was talking about my draft kings weekly team. My league team is f'ing stacked at rb,freeman,cook and j Stewart. Although cook did little this week. My WRs are kinda weak though.
    Sorry for the thread derailment

16. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Not many studs, but I thought a few players/units did well.

OL
    Kearse
    Rookie safeties

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. Jonathan_Vilma

If we can acquire a #1 type of receiver this offseason through free agency, then our receiving corp is pretty solid, especially if Stewart/Hansen can show us something.

Ages are reflective of how old they'll be at the start of next season.

I also can't post this without a reminder that we could've had 75% of these players over Jace f'n Amaro.

Free agent receivers
    WR Allen Robinson (torn ACL though) - 25
    WR Jarvis Landry - 25 (26 in November)
    WR Alshon Jeffery - 28
    WR Terrelle Pryor - 29
    WR Sammy Watkins - 25
    WR Larry Fitzgerald - 35 (probably retiree)
    WR Jordan Matthews - 26
    WR Marqise Lee - 26 (27 in November)
    WR Davante Adams - 25 (26 in December)
    WR Donte Moncrief - 25
    WR John Brown - 28
    WR Martavis Bryant - 26 (27 in December)

There's plenty of talent there and the plethora of talent may drive some of their price tags down.

I'd love to see us sign one of these guys to a similar deal we signed Eric Decker to. Maybe a year shorter, but $7-$9 million for Landry, or Jeffery would be great.

I'd want to give less money to the rest due to injury risks/lesser production.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. This was my immediate reaction as well.That said if Mo keeps dogging it he deserves to be gone.Course the first thing he'll do is sign w New York "A"

19. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/18/16326650/week-2-winners-and-losers

I really thought the defense would get us through some of these games, but this is downright scary:

Jets defense against the Raiders:

0 sacks
    0 QB hits
    0 turnovers
    1 pass defended
    4 tackles for a loss
    6 touchdowns allowed.

"On 28 Raiders passes, the Jets managed zero QB hurries and one pass defended. What
    were they doing if not pressuring the QB or guarding receivers? Those are, like, the
    two things you can do while defending a pass play, and the Jets almost went an entire
    game without doing either of them. Do the Jets employ holograms on defense? Can they
    sign Hologram Tupac?"

Ron

LV Coach and jco2007 like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe Mo is just trying to escape having to play for Bowles any longer.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.