Week 2 MNF: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Sep 13, 2015.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Big win for us today but now it's time to focus on Indianapolis. Rex seemed to have those boys from Indy baffled today. They were scoreless for about 3 quarters.

Supposedly TY is banged up so that could be a big help for us. Irsay said he will be out a few weeks but pagano says he is fine so only time will tell.

Like most of our games, run the ball and convert 3rd and shorts. I think we match up pretty well vs Indy so it could be a close one. I don't see us winning in Indy after they lost today.

Colts - 24
    Jets - 20

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This looks like a desperate game for the Colts, but we could finally have our d-linemen and secondary showcase out there

Royal Tee and JetLifeLo like this.
  3. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

They are going to come out playing angry for sure. Should be a close game by the end of it.

Jets 28
    Colts 24

FlaJet likes this.
  4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Packers game in week 2 last season. Playing a desperate contender in their home opener that cannot afford to drop to 0-2.i know the Colts played a bad game today but winning this would be a real stunner for us. Luck is probably too good of a player to start 0-2. I think we can play competitive though

Professor and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think it'll be competitive but if we can contain Luck, while playing great defense and leaning on the run game I think we can win. We have to be solid though can't start sloppy like the Browns game.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We need to be physical as hell with them. They have shown over and over again that they can be run on. Ivory needs 25 carries

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Colts being 'desperate' can work to our advantage too. IF things start ugly (for them), they will grip, start to think too much, and lose the game. Plus Fitz is 6-0 against Andrew Luck all time.

(ok I made that last part up)

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is just pseudo-psychology, but the colts losing today makes it harder for us to beat them next week IMO.

In the end, it will come down to our play in the trenches (on both sides) as well as our secondary. If those units play well and Fitz can limit turnovers, we have a chance to win.

I don't have good memories of nationally televised games, however. We shall see.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wonder if Jon Gruden will interview Ryan Fitzpatrick...That should be entertaining.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I didn't like how we started the game today. But I liked how we ended. Looks like the adjustments at half worked. This means we have a smart coaching staff.

Saying we will win next week is not smart. But we have a shot. If we find a way to slow down Luck, we will win. Not easy to shut Luck down but one can hope.

Go Jets. Win this game and be 2-0.

LAJet likes this.
  11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Different game when Hilton isn't in there. We doubled him and he still had 8 catches for almost 100 yards.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Wasn't sold on the Colts going into the season and today validated that. They aren't elite and good teams can beat them. I think we are a good team and will win the game.

13. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

How we play against the Colts will tell us what kind of team we really have.

14. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

We gotta stop them when it's 3rd and long. That's what stuck out to me the most in today's win over the Browns. It seemed like they were converting every 3rd down today - it didn't matter if they needed 3 yards, 7 yards, or 10+ yards.

15. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Believe it or not the jets were actually better on 3rd down than Cleveland. 8-16 53% to 7-13 50%.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Reports there are internal problems with the Colts involving coach, GM and the owner. Hilton being lost would be a big factor. Right now I'm basically thrilled with our opening game but not overly confident the Colts and Luck would lose their first two games. But if Fitzpatrick can play a clean game and like today we win the penalty and the turnover battles Jets have a chance on the road.

17. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Devin smith anyone?

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I'm ready to see him

19. bennylava126

bennylava126 Active Member

The only thing that's not smart is saying that the jets shouldn't be the favorites next week. Indy was exposed this week and the jets have both the run game and defense to wear the colts down. It will be close but jets should pull this out in a close one.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I was pretty much dead on with my Browns game predictions I predicted Jets 31 Browns 16...With the wheels falling off the Browns Wagon with multiple turnovers in the third qtr..

I'll take another shot at it....Jets 27-Colts 20 ..I see a close game until the very end ..Hopefully Devin Smith will be active for this one,And Zac Stacy to ,I really liked what I saw from him in the pre season

HAYN and Brook! like this.