Week 2: Miami Dolphins @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Cat, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm not a very superstitious person but I know my mentions wouldn't have been fun to read if I didn't make this and we lost hahaha.

Tough to get a read on Miami, they didn't actually play a week 1 game in my eyes. 4 hours worth of delays and an injury to the opposing quarterback? Not sure you can take anything of value from that game.

Also, this is a very small factor but the FOX camera crew shut down most of its cameras after the lightning delay so the Jets presumably won't have any all-22 tape to study from the last 3 quarters of this game.

Should be the most raucous home opener in recent memory (2009?). I'm expecting a packed house full of excited fans, hopefully they don't disappoint.

I think we can win.

Brook!, Patriot, themorey and 4 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We can't put on a clinic like we did last night then lose to the friggen DOLPHINS in our home opener.

...right?

PabloJa, egelband, themorey and 2 others like this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I kind of wish this game was in Miami lets hope we come out and make a statement

4. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

My only concern is that Monday night seemed like such an emotional high that the Jets may come out flat.

But with that said, the mentality sounds right from the locker room quotes. Hopefully they come out with their hair on fire because you know the stadium is going to be rocking.

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I have no idea what to expect from Jets, but I'm hopeful that Jamal won't let them come down. We've needed a true leader on defense for so long and he seems to be it.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It's a home opener game for the Jets and a game against a divisional opponent. We're on a high from a big road win on Monday Night Football. We are 0-0 in week 2. Gotta prove ourselves again and take care of business at home. Jets can win this game.

JETS 38 Dolphins 17

themorey and FJF like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is where Bowles earns his paycheck. In the past, his teams have come out flat after big wins or fall to trap games. Bowles wants to impress the fanbase and ownership? Have this f'n team ready to play on Sunday at home. No excuses about short weeks or Hurricane Flo. I'm not interested in excuses anymore, only performance on game days matter. We play 3 games in a short stretch? Fck it, we go play those games and move on.

PabloJa, Acad23, rohirrim665 and 6 others like this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Never forget last year after the Jets played their best game of the season against the Bills on Prime Time: a complete DUD and worst game of the year against the Buccaneers the following week. This Dolphins game will show how much the Jets have truly changed the culture. I think Met Life Stadium will be rocking for the first time in many years. Hopefully Tannehill and the Phins are walking into a Green and White buzz saw.

BudJet, NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Now if we lose this game, I will ban @FJF - Lol

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s not like he hasn’t had it coming.

OT, phins are nothing special, we should match up well against their offense. Tannehill throws short and shorter so it’s all about making tackles. If maye is back expect a lot of 3 safety looks this week.

Harpua likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Damn cman. Making me want to run through a wall.

Cman68 and Red Menace like this.
  12. Mean Green Machine

Mean Green Machine Active Member

This game will pretty much tell me the direction this team will be going this season...

Cman68 and PabloJa like this.
  13. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

With all due respect, you couldn't be more wrong. If you look at every year Bowles has coached, our biggest point win has NEVER been followed up with a loss....ever. 2015, 2016, 2017 no matter how you cut it--historically our biggest victory is followed with another victory.

But good try bud.

14. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

“biggest victory” to me is not measured strictly on margin of victory. For example, in Bowles’ first season our biggest victory was very likely the week 15 OT win over the Pats.. we all know what followed.

The parallel here that came to mind to me last night was back in ‘97. We were coming off a 1-15 season, with not much expectation, albeit we did hire Parcells, and absolutely thrashed the Seahawks, on the road, in a dome. The next week lost the home opener to a division rival, the Bills. Hopefully there is no repeat of that.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Bud?

Oh no you didn't...

16. Matthew_McBride

I guess you can measure "biggest victory" in a lot of ways. I would measure this one on a points basis. And if it is subjective then you can't just go around making baseless claims that Todd Bowles has a problem following up after big wins.

I call it how I see it--if our team did come out flat after big games then I'd be calling out Bowles too--but that's the biggest positive about Bowles, his team died for him on the field every game last year.

17. Matthew_McBride

Yes, I did. Do I need to spell it differently?

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

One thing I've learned here...respect the Mods.

Got it, son?

FJF likes this.
  19. GARY M GITTLER

GARY M GITTLER New Member

I was a long time NYJ season ticket holder who finally had to give them up last year as my son is now away at college...looking to go this season starting this Sunday...anyone know anyone who has a long island group or another individual from long island going this Sunday?...will pay for my ticket and chip in for costs of course...many thanx...Gary

20. Matthew_McBride

You see, I'm the best type of person, because I respect everyone enough to call out when they spew non-factual things.

Do you understand you fossil?