Week 2 discussion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by statjeff22, Sep 13, 2018.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And Chucky goes to 0-2 after being ahead 19-7.

2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I just watch a patriots team make more mistakes than the jets, Tom missing wide open guys, and yet nobody is saying they suck... Rightfully so. Too much overreacting today.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

TIme for Cowboys to send me to bed less miserable. Seeing Giants 0-2 will at least be the saving grace.

dawinner127 and playtowinthegame like this.
  4. statjeff22

It's pretty obvious why the Patriots get a hell of a lot more of the benefit of the doubt than the Jets do.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I dunno they haven't looked spectacular thru 2 games either. Yet nobody is blaming their coaching for penalties or their players for mistakes. Geez everyone needs to just chill

6. statjeff22

Again, they get plenty of benefit of the doubt, and it's absolutely earned. Bowles hasn't earned any of that, and neither have the Jets players.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how when they make more mistakes they get the benefit of the doubt. That makes no sense, it cost them the game from the start. Jacksonville hashed them all game with outside passing and they never adjusted.... So tell me how they get any benefit of the doubt if they didn't adjust and lost because of it?

8. statjeff22

You're joking, right? I wasn't watching the game so I can't say whether what you're saying is true or not, but let's say it is. Are you seriously suggesting that one bad game from a coach who has put together 15 years of great coaching and has been to the Super Bowl 8 times is the same as a coach who has a record of 11-24 in his last 35 games and has never even been to the playoffs? That's exactly what benefit of the doubt means - you know that it was just a bad day, and not an inherent lack of ability. Bowles has shown nothing to suggest that he is even an average coach, while BB is the number one or two coach in NFL history. If you don't see the difference there I can't help you.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Huh.. Mahomes is tearing it up so far after sitting as a rookie. But everyone here told me a rookie QB HAD to start immediately or he would never develop!

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

11. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

Burnt to a crisp. Yikes.

12. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

lol. The Dolphins are a bad team. I thought they would get a top 3 pick this year but they have lucked themselves into a 2-0 start. They beat a sad Titans team without Mariota and a Jets team with a rookie QB and a mongo coach. They will not make the playoffs, but they will win just enough games to knock themselves down in the draft order where they will miss the franchise passer who could actually change the franchise.

13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No there is no difference. If you have a bad game plan, you have a bad gameplan, doesn't matter what you did last year or the year before. For some reason some jets fans are irrational and act like other teams don't make mistakes or have penalties or have bad coaching. Which is exactly my point..... Everyone does stupid shit. It's not exclusive to this team, nor does it make them the worst. If you can't see that, I can't help you

14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you once say your son is a Giants fan? :D

15. playtowinthegame

They had Alex Smith last year in front of their rook. This year we have Josh McCown as a father figure to Sam Darnold who's snapchatting with Josh's son. Surely you see the difference.

16. Brook!

Not son. Twin sons. Well I tried to tell them to be Jet fans as we live only few minutes from Jets facility and our town is filled with Jet flags every year right around training camp time. But nope, Giants are more popular at school and they are Giant fans. I will laugh at them hard when Darnold wins couple Superbowls for Jets while Giants search for their next QB. So no, I don't have symphaty for Giants due to my kids. But I take them to Giant games at least once sometimes twice a year. I hate it though. Seeing Metlife blue is nauseating.

17. statjeff22

Everyone does stupid shit. When you do it rarely you are high quality. When you do it repeatedly you are low quality. Pretty obvious.

18. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

That wasn't even a block. That Giant just bounced off Zeke like he ran into a wall.

19. Brook!

I feel like Barkley will be a bust. I don't see anything special with him. But what do I know.

20. playtowinthegame

Welp, you're a great dad in my book.