Week 17 : Jets (5-10) @ Pats (12-3)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 26, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hack won't even be on this team in like 2 years. He's a complete after-thought. You really think he'll show something?

PS LETS GO ROBBY! ;)

2. 101GangGreen101

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We've been trying to hammer that concept into heads all year long... 6 wins this year means absolutely nothing in the big picture. Just another losing season. Might as well turn this lemon into lemonade by putting ego aside, lose this game and cement a top 5-8 DP. We win? we lose in the long run.

Patriot, Peebag and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you got anderson on your fantasy team or something? who cares about his stats.

Hack probably wont show anything but it doesn't matter if he does. He should play. The Jets are being given golden opportunity. a meaningless week 17 game where the outcome isn't even going to matter to their own fans in a week let alone long term against a team who will be playing hard for their season.

It's a preseason game for us yet a regular season game between the lines. That's a perfect time to play guys who need experience and since its meaningless you can do so without restraint. Hackenberg should absolutely play. Forte should be inactive, tell him to relax and dust off the golf clubs, they should do that with any and all veterans that are a little banged up, play the younger guys.

If they play this game differently, lose 17-10 or something stupid with Petty handing off to Forte all game and completing 15 dumpoff passes to Jermaine Kearse that will be such a dumbass lost opportunity.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

I think the Jets know exactly what Hack is at this stage. Yes, I do agree play the youngers, but if you start Hack you'll be seeing run plays ALL game long too. Imagine letting Hack air it out when all he did was take sacks? He hasn't changed a bit since college. Shit, at least let me see Robby make one more play for the season ends.

Peebag likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus a plus

We beat up on Hackenberg every week and this CS lets a second round pick not even get a snap for garbage time when we are winning...I feel bad for this kid and Petty..Petty sees he is limited ...Hack believes he is limited by all the negativity

Christian sucked at PSU ...not a good sign going forward but Mac decided to take him to essential sit on the bench and hear some toxic stuff in press etc about him....of course it may be the truth and there is nothing CH can do about it..like Petty he has a college degree..good for him

I hope he plays on Sunday...give the kid a Xmas gift ..let him at least feel like an NFL QB...stuff like this makes me hate Toilet even more smh

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Cman68

There is no reason at all why Hack doesn't play on Sunday at least for a qtr or even a half. If its a coaching decision, that shows why the org chart needs to be linear instead of what it is. Macc should have had the authority to tell Bowles to play Hack but noooooo, that makes too much sense. We're the Jets and we do shit assbackwards for a reason. Its what we do..

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Please, the draft is a lottery, and picking one slot higher will not be the difference between a Jets dynasty or 100 years of losing.

Beating the Pats is what it is all about. If you want to take a passive approach to the game, then fine. But if anyone were to actively root for the cheats to beat the Jets I'd have zero respect for them as a 'fan'.

The game is not meaningless, and a win would not hurt the team's future. It would actually help it.

And if the cheats tarnish the league with another super bowl, I don't think I'll be able to stomach the NFL much longer.

FJF likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

ownership should step in and tell the short term oriented coaching staff to play the long term project, hackenberg at QB on sunday.

I'm serious. Buffalo did that very thing last year, ordering the staff to play Cardale Jones for the season finale. Jones sucked, but he got experience. And what difference did it make having Tyrod Taylor sit 1 week? none

playtowinthegame and Cman68 like this.
  10. Cman68

That's a bunch of bullshit. This game is meaningless. We need every edge we can get on draft day considering Macc is doing the drafting. Beating the Patriots this Sunday doesn't mean shit. The Patriots are going to the post season anyway and the Jets are going home. Again...

If losing means we're one step closer to a FQB or even a FC/FG/FT, that's better than puffing out our chests and bragging that we beat the Patriots in a meaningless game. You think the Patriots could give a fuck if we beat them on Sunday or not for bragging rights? Puleeeze..The Jets are like the bug splatter on your windshield while driving down the highway at this point. The Patriots are the champs. The Jets aren't even contenders. Its that simple.

Only selfish fans think short term as if win #6 means shit in the big picture. It only means that for one day, the lesser team beat a better team. Good thing we don't have to worry about that since the Pats are playing for home field. I'm rooting for the Jets to LOSE ON SUNDAY and I couldn't care less what your opinion is of me. I've paid my dues over the last 50 years so fuck it, if I root for them to lose so they can get a higher DP and a better chance of a franchise changing player, that's what I'm gonna do. Nothing changes in my day one way or the other. Neither does a Jet win on Sunday except we fuck ourselves out of a decent shot at a top tier Qb talent. Then again, small thinking is what has this teams' fanbase giddy over winning 5 games instead of 0-16. How far can we lower the bar before it simply disappears..

#50 Cman68, Dec 27, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Playing Hackenberg would require forward thinking, but we're not getting that with Bowles fighting for his job. The opportunity cost of not playing Hackenberg is much greater than if he doesn't. The Jets not playing Hackenberg in a meaningless game shows just how incompetent Maccagnan and Bowles are at their jobs. Whatever they're both seeing it certainly isn't the big pictue.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

more than likely he's doing Hack a favor, probably will get himself killed. I supported Hack this off-season more than anyone, but it's clear as day the kid will never be an NFL QB. You don't understand how upsetting it was to see him stink it up in the preseason.

I bet Mac / Bowles already discussed who they want next year at QB.

13. BacktoQueens

It's not about puffing the chest.
    Beating the Pats in Foxboro in a game they absolutely need to win......how would that be meaningless?
    finding a way to take down the champs, who happen to be in our division, in their house.......that right there is what moves a franchise forward, not moving up one draft slot in the lottery.
    there would certainly be carry over in learning how to beat the team we have been coming up just short against. ignoring that is the small thinking, and i can't respect that at all.

considering Petty is our starting QB, there is no way we are winning.
    so this conversation is just a pillow fight anyway.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

don't want to see any player injured, want to beat any team with their best players all on the field.

15. BacktoQueens

Buffalo did that this year also, and it may cost them their first playoff appearance this century..

If Hack didn't suck, he'd already be playing.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  16. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

remember when rex went into the titans and won a meaningless game? that cost the jets the second pick in the draft and mariotta! those of you who want a fqb in this draft evidently forgot about that. no way do i want us to win this game. too bad the steelers still have a shot at home field, but i don't think the hoodie is worried about winning a playoff game in pittsburgh. i would not put it past him to plays all his scrubs after the first quarter just to screw the jets out of a better draft picking position.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. BacktoQueens

We aren't going to win the Super Bowl next year either, so should we just starting rooting for 0-16 in 2018 now?
    and then maybe 0-16 in 2019 also?

after all draft positioning is more important than actually progressing on the field right?

at what point is it ok to actually want to beat your divisional rivals, who happen to be defending Super Bowl champs?
    you guys tell me.

18. BrowningNagle

it doesn't matter what you or I root for. we are up in the stands or at home on the couch. The NY Jets will lose sunday to the Patriots because Bryce Petty is playing Tom Brady. Not because I want them to lose

playtowinthegame likes this.
  19. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Chiefs will start Patrick Mahomes at QB Sunday. . .

I can't wait to see how he looks on the road against that Broncos D.

20. BacktoQueens

I agree they will lose.
    More to do with Belichick playing essentially a rookie QB in his house. I don't think he ever loses in that scenario.

In order for this team to progress, they have to get the Pats number tho.
    The sooner they start figuring that out, the sooner they will make that step forward. I'd accept beating them up physically, making the Pats really earn that W and/or limp into the playoffs.