week 15 other games thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 14, 2017.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That's it - Atlanta still in the playoff mix, and Green Bay eliminated. If I'm the Packers I now sit Rodgers for the rest of the season, but I'll bet that's not what he's going to want to do.

2. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ref trying to spot the ball fell down, costing TB a chance to run another play to get closer

instead they had to kick from there (50+ yarder) and it was no good

so no OT

3. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

[​IMG]

Maybe this angle which was released yesterday will clear it up for you. Yes, I can definitively say the ball is touching the ground. Unless, of course, James' pinkie and ring fingers are 10x the size of normal ones. In which case, I'll concede.

4. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

But this ball magically floats above the turf?

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/26/16364372/brandin-cooks-touchdown-catch-rule

5. EmbraceTheHate

EmbraceTheHate Active Member

Can't tell if being serious or not. But just in case... you do know the ball CAN touch the ground, right? The ball can even move. It is the combination of touching the ground, the ball moving and not maintaining full possession that makes the Pitt one an incompletion while Cooks was deemed a completion.

You can dislike the rule. I do. But, to not understand it is different. That's just lazy.

6. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I do understand the rule. The receiver must maintain control through first contact with the ground. You know as well as i do that on any given Sunday the amount of movement on the ball in the Cooks catch is enough to overturn it depending on the officiating crew.