Week 15 discussion

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Dec 13, 2018.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Okay, I didn't realize just how irresponsible Ron Rivera has been in running Newton out when he's been injured for weeks, just to try to save his job. Perhaps Newton isn't bad, he's just bad now.

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The Jets got screwed but the public sentiment was that they got screwed and it needs to be changed.

The difference though was the ball was in jenkins and hand which he recovered while crossing the goal line. They severely screwed us.

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Watching that game it was pretty clear that Newton literally cannot throw the ball right now. I think I read he only threw 4 passes the entire game that went more than 10 yards and I don't think any of those were beyond 20 yards. He is extremely limited in what he can physically do right now. I can't believe he was playing that game Monday, and it is also hard to believe he would play the rest of the year.

isn't it easier for the coach to say, look, my qb was hurt, we couldn't win without him??

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Remember the Chris Baker push out tool job vs. the Browns? He was clearly a good two feet inbounds. People were posting pictures of the play. That call was egregious. However, said talking heads for the most part didn't disagree with the call nor quite understand the ruling, including Chris Collinsworth. THEN THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO CLEVLAND (what are the odds?). Collinsworth, that Cheats lackey, ranted for a good 10 minutes that it was the worst call that he'd ever seen in his life, Cleveland got absolutely robbed, horrible horrible call, just horrible. The thing was, when it did happen to Cleveland, it wasn't nearly as bad as what happened to Baker. Not even close. It was then that I started hating Cheats Puppet #2's guts and I say #2 because no one will ever be able to unseat that jackass Nantz.

It actually is part of my motivation to watch the Cheats lose. Typical behavior from him all game long this past Sunday, but oh, the sweetness when the refs couldn't gift them the game. Not for lack of trying, though. "HAHAHA, FUKK YOU NANTZ!!! (did a two middle finger wave at his sad stupid face)!!!" It was very enjoyable.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Heh, I couldn't agree more. I forget who the Jets were playing at The Old Dump at the moment, but there was about 30 seconds left in the game. The Jets were on the march, no time-outs. 4th down and what does Dustin Keller do? CATCHES THE BALL AND RUNS OUT OF BOUNDS ABOUT THREE INCHES FROM THE FIRST DOWN MARKER. How can you be that unaware?! I almost tore out my eyebrows. Ask me if he got booed. Go ahead, ask me. That first down would have put the Jets in field-goal range, a first down which he easily could have gotten if he fought for it. And not that hard. Instead the Jets turn the ball over on downs and lose the game. Keller had his good moments as a Jet, but lemme tell ya, I sat in stunned furious silence all the way home.

#165 jetophile, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018