Week 13 Studs and Duds (vs KC)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 4, 2017.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's had opportunities because he earned them. stewart and hansen both have playing time because of a suspension. kearse and anderson stepped up big but stewart and hansen have failed to make any impression. maybe it's harsh calling them a dud, but kerly had a few "stud" games this year and they've done nothing yet. I'd like to see them do something more

i'll take the compliment where i can get it lol

Walt White likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He had 2 critical first downs in the 4th, I see your point here, but essentially he shouldn't be a dud, maybe not on the list at all.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Hanson looked pretty solid, Stewart wasn’t put in any situation where he could really shine. Those gimmick plays weren’t working.
    I don’t think anyone is saying put them in the stud dept but listing them as duds is pretty harsh. They are in a good position where they don’t have to make huge contributions for the team to play well. Be happy that they are getting what they do and let them develop. I think we are 2 years away from needing them to step up. Injuries aside of course

fansince90 and MoWilkBeast like this.
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Well, your not wrong, it hurt the team. Contrary to what some blathering idiot wants to queen out over.

Edit: Let me retract the rest of this. I was thinking of another thread and another poster and got crossed between. Disregard, sorry LOL

#24 Walt White, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

maybe stewart is more dud deserving since he was gifted the 3 spot when kerly got suspended and lost it to hansen who is getting more playing time now. maybe i'm just spoiled with what anderson did last year as an UDFA rookie and is doing this year as a number 1 WR. also props to big mac for getting kearse and a 2nd for richardson. kearse and anderson both have back to back 100+ yard games

fansince90 likes this.
  6. FJF

I think you are blending the rookies seasons so far into your weekly studs and duds segment. They are usually pretty good but you are getting a little off track this week

7. GasedAndConfused

I've let it pass for a while but i think we do need to see more. i'll admit listing them at duds is a bit harsh, but i want 1 to step up for us in the way anderson and kearse are.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I mean McCown is having so much confidence in Anderson and Kearse right now, why disrupt the trend? When Kerley went down due to suspension, Hansen was the one they gave a bit more snaps to. Stewart has begun to get a few more snaps himself but with the big time development of Robby and his growing route tree, and Kearse being a solid but now been a good #2 here, there's only so many passes to be given, and Robby and JK have grabbed them all.

fansince90 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  9. FJF

the thing is,players step up when there is room to. with anderson,kearse,asj,powel,forte and mcquire there aren't a lot of balls left to go around. success for them is looking the part in the few plays they do get and no major mistakes. so far they don't look bad.

10. GasedAndConfused

true. they don't look bad at all it's just anderson and kearse look so good. plus with Q coming back you wonder how much of a role these guys will have outside of special teams. not to mention peake coming back. we have a log jam at WR

11. FJF

No we don’t,we have exactly what you try to have. Young guys learning as older guys finish contracts. Kearse is up next year and would be nice to be able to let him walk because we have younger and cheaper talent behind him that can produce. Enunwa isn’t coming back on a long deal so insurance on him will be nice to have. One of the kids will step into the wr3 spot next season full time for kerley. This is the kind of talent assembly line teams shoot for. By the time they are going into their 3rd years hanson and Stewart will be primed for big time rolls.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But you are still not understanding, you can play 2000 snaps but if the oc does not design a play to have the ball thrown your way then you are not going to be productive, it also doesn't make you a bust or a dud, it makes you an unknown quantity still with another draft in the way, for me this is on the OC for not getting them involved more, he seems to prefer safe imo but sometimes you need to push talent, this is near enough akin to letting them rot.

fansince90 likes this.
  13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Wtf has.peake done to justify a mention ?

14. GasedAndConfused

kearse is only 27. no reason to not keep him around a few more years IMO.

unless a play is a design quick snap and throw, every target is live. we've seen mccown extend plays and show great vision. most of the time he finds the open target.

not much. just saying he'll be back next year. what we do with him at that point is anyone's guess

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You just don't get it, do you?

Stewart and Hansen should have shined from the opportunities they didn't get. Since they didn't, they are duds.

Just like Petty, who couldn't play like Joe Montana out of the opportunities he didn't get. Is he a dud in this category? Absolutely. Same with Hack.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

3.3 YPC is hardly studly if you ask me, Forte and Powell were both below their season average YPC and McGuire only touched the ball 5 times but at least he was at 4 YPC, still not worthy of being deemed a stud

fansince90 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

it kept the defense honest and was effective enough. I agree not a great average but the chiefs D is tough. it's not like we were playing the giants. if we hit 4YPC i would have been surprised. It also kept the clock moving and allowed us to control the game. we had the ball over 40 mins. that's crazy.

18. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Chiefs are the 3rd worst rush D in the league, they have given up 15 less yards than the Giants, that is for the season not per game, and teams average 4.3 YPC against them so I would have thought the Jets should have been able to hit 4 YPC.

Had the ball for almost 43 minutes and barely squeezed out the win, that is what's crazy.

fansince90 likes this.
  19. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Hansen? Its not always the quantity but the quality that counts. He made at least 2 critical clutch catches that moved the chains. He and Stewart have great hands...finally, a group of receivers that can do what they are paid to do...remember Hill?
    I remember watching him at Florham park and yelling, "Go see a hypnotist!"

#39 fansince90, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  20. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Kerley was jacked up on whatever he was taking i hope he remains as productive when he returns. Asj has to earn targets.. His drops/fumbles/lack of concentration has costed us at least 2 games. His job is to catch the ball...no one is to blame for his juggles but himself.