Week 11 BYE Week Came At The Perfect Time

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, I had planned on doing a lot of Sunday fishing this year as long as McCown was starting so looks like nothing will change. Perhaps I'll watch week 16 or 17 only if one of the kids are starting. I really have no interest in whether McCown wins, loses, draws, sacks or sucks. No interest period.

On to 2018!

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think Bowles will be back. Mangini was fired after going 10-6, 4-12, and then 9-7. Bowles is on the same path except he never made the playoffs and will have a worse record in his 3rd year. I think the Jets would have to go (3-3) in the final 6 to finish (7-9) to save him and I am not even sure that would do it. Yesterday showed the coach Bowles is.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

different circumstance though with Mangini. Mangini lost the team and Woody's interest was on football then not kissing butt for the president. There will be less dramatic moves in general with Woody in London and his brother running the team. And its very easy for Brother Johnson to say he saw 'improvement.' I would be very surprised if Bowles is fired

The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

Yeah, you are right. Different circumstances but similar results. He is not a good Head Coach. If they give him a 4th year, what is the expectation and goal? Can't reward him for going (6-10) then fire him for going (8-8) in 2018, so Bowles could be around for a long time. I say move on.

5. It’s certainly not what I & many others want..but it’d at least make sense if Bowles showed some sort of wide scoping view of the team that displayed some foresight & concern for the future..

Not only does he show none of this,he continues to play vets in hopes of garnering 2-3 meaningless wins AND continues to ignore the offense & think he can w defense just like the 3 guys before him.He has no clue where the league or this team are going

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I don't get it. We heard so many around the league were high on Bowles but I am not sure why. I haven't seen anything to make me think he even knows what he is doing to be a Head Coach, let alone be a good one.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LOL, I needed that! Thank you