Week 10 Jets @ Tampa Bay Bucs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Waterboy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

I live in Tampa, and it will be my 5 year old's first Jets game. Highly looking forward to it.

Royal Tee, NCJetsfan, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's awesome man.

Have you ever caught an N.Y Jets game at a sports bar out in Tampa called "Peabody's"?

It's the type of atmosphere in which you feel like you're somewhere in either Queens or Jersey again. I try and make it there with my older brother for 2-3x games per year. You have a blast every time.

Just some online pictures i found online. Place is full of longtime, diehard, loyal and passionate Jet fans who've came to Florida. Makes for a fun time and the food is really good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pretty badass place for being down here in Florida.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I feel as if Tampa Bay has the best Jets fan base outside of the Tri-state area. I've been to Jet games down in Miami. Been to a Jets vs. Falcons game in Atlanta in the Georgia dome back in 2005 and nothing compares to the Tampa Bay area. I heard North Carolina has a pretty nice Jets fan base but haven't been there myself.

Jay Bizniss and onefanjet like this.
  4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Damn I am just now seeing this! I have! I used to live over in Wesley Chapel and would go a few times a year! Def a fun environment. I am deff down to figure out a game or two this year and meet up with ya and talk some football!

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Anyone know what time the game is?
    If it's an afternoon game I would definitely be interested. I'll be coming back from the FSU vs Clemson game on the same day.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So what do you know about claiming your RV as a second home for tax purposes? My dad did that with his boat many years ago, but he was pretty aggressive.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Being I'm not working so the tax implications are pretty low already but already have 2 homes as we did a 4 year lease purchase on our house and moved into a much smaller place. Kids were gone so I got tired of taking care of 5 bedrooms, a pool and mowing 3 acres. Now I have a lawn I can cut with a weed whacker, a community pool and only 1 extra bedroom to worry about.

8. The Waterboy

I know I was the one that made this thread but after looking at ticket prices, I can't see myself paying $65-$75 for upper deck, corner, nosebleed seats to watch this team. A half decent upper deck ticket will run $85 or more plus parking, even for off site, will be another $20 probably.
    Sucks, after waiting years for another game here to watch, that it's just not worth spending money on.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your back/neck pain. I had been blessed my entire life not having any major pain and no serious back problems, but after having pinched the femoral nerve on the right side in December or 2014, I know full well what that pain can be like. I'm curious about the bullet in your back...were you a policeman or in the army? How'd it happen.

Sleeping in a tent and 104 degrees at 8:00 at night? Yikes! I wouldn't have been doing any sleeping that night.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Y would any sane person spend 1 cent 2 C the NYJs play?:mad:

11. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I have tickets, first row, end zone near the ship. Was very excited to be there.
    However, I won't be going and I also will not be selling my tickets. My seats will remain empty.
    I payed $300 for NFL Sunday Ticket every year for the better part of a decade.
    I'm done with football.
    I'm sick of getting gouged, I'm sick of blackouts, I'm sick of Roger Goodell destroying the game, I'm sick of officiating the game to a stand still, I'm sick of thugs beating their women and being criminals off the field.
    Most of all, I'm sick of the lack of respect to my country by millionaire brats kneeling or doing anything else other than looking at old glory with reverence and their hand on their hearts. These entitled pieces of shit can offend me all they want by doing this. It's their right.
    It's also my right to stop contributing to their 7 figure bank accounts.
    Pro tip for everyone that hates the police by the way; if you don't fight with them they won't shoot you.
    If you do what you're told, they won't shoot you.
    Novel concept I know.

In the end I love my country more than I love Football or the NY Jets.

God bless you guys.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

First row? Opportunity knocks greaser. If you're pulling the plug on Goodell's NFL at least get your money's worth and go out swinging.

First row? Lots of possibilities in the "visuals" department.

14. The Waterboy

Meh, he might get on tv when someone scores a TD but always thought those seats were terrible for watching the game. Unless they are driving that direction and are inside the 10 you can't see much. Need to be a good 20-30 rows up to have a half decent view and still not great.

That said I will take those tickets off his hands if he wants to give them away in protest. I'll have to hitchhike to the game though, made the mistake of selling my truck too soon and wife has to work Sunday so her vehicle is not available.

15. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

The overpriced, under appreciative bearded _____ will start to overthrow and play hero ball. Then we got him. Bye bye Fitz tragic.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Zach likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

Picking up my new truck on Sunday so then I just have to work out everything on the trailer and we will be all set. 2017 Nissan Titan, figure it is 3 times the vehicle to tow what we plan on getting but want it to be like we aren't towing anything.