Week 10 Jets @ Tampa Bay Bucs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Waterboy, Jun 17, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Starting the game thread a little early for this game.
    I kid of course, just wanted to see if anyone in the Tampa area is planning on going to this Nov 12th game. I know there I quite a few fans in the Tampa area and those in the Orlando area are not too far away either.

Just wanted to put this out early enough in case someone wanted to plan a tailgate or something.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

haha this is great! My lil bro lives in Vegas so of course i can't wait for the Raiders to get up to speed there an host the Jets, I'll be there for sure! As far as the Bucs, I'm not too sure...

anyone going to Buff opening day? I'm getting a crew of fam/friends heading out there.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

4. The Waterboy

Hoping to have my RV by the time the game gets here but that's up in the air. I know I'll be at the game either way. Only been 2 games here since I moved here, 2009 and of course the 2000 "Flashlight" game, first game between Jets and Bucs after Keyshawn was traded. The Chrebet TD with 52 seconds left was a perfect ending to that game.

NCJetsfan and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So accurate. So Depressing.

Yeah, @The Waterboy, I may fly down to Tampa just to throw tomatoes at Fitz during warm-ups. If so, I will let you know. :)

The Waterboy likes this.
  6. The Waterboy

If we are 0-9/1-8 at that point of the season I may be cheering Fitz on.

Brook!, Cman68, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I was at the Stars vs. Flashlight game and it's a memory that'll last a lifetime. My wife also works for a company who sponsors the Bucs Stadium (Raymond James Financial) so I'll be there for sure alongside of my older brother. Living right here in St.Pete and only less than 10 minutes over the bridge we wouldn't miss it for the world. We haven't gotten our tickets yet but as Bart Scott once said; "Can't Wait"!

I'll be in my Jets #28 Curtis Martin jersey & my older brother in his #80 Wayne Chrebet. I'm already pumped.

Jets All-Time record vs. Tampa Bay is 10-1.

One thing i can say about Raymond James Stadium out in Tampa, is that if you enjoy Country/Soul/Southen and even Spanish types of foods & BBQ's? You'll love it because they really know how to throw down a fun and awesome tailgate down here.

And the atmosphere is always full of die hard Jet fans. Woody Johnson once said Tampa Bay has some of the best opposing Jet fans.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What kind of rig are you getting waterboy?

9. The Waterboy

Been looking at a few different, I'd like to go with a small Class A just a couple years old like a Forest River FR3 but since it is our first foray into this my wife wants to keep it smaller. We will probably go with a travel trailer, I am looking at the Coachmen Apex Nano 213RDS and the Keystone Bullet 269RLS. One plus of going the trailer route is I get a new truck out of the deal.

We did a 28 day road trip last summer, some camping but mostly motels, to make sure we could stand being together in a car for a long period without killing each other. Once we get it we plan on being mobile 3-4 months a year, I have my lifetime National Parks pass so we will go from park to park spending a couple of weeks at each.

10. Dierking

Nice. Once you get out west size isn't as much of a factor, maneuverability wise. I've got a class b Winnebago but that's a necessity given how much time I have to park it in the northeast. Haven't seen a lot of the larger class a's in the national parks though.

11. The Waterboy

After driving through the Rockies and up around Crater Lake in Oregon I am somewhat thinking the smaller travel trailer is what we need. The Apex Nano 213RDS is only 3800 lbs. but still a queen bed, full bath and separate dinette and couch, I don't think I could handle one with a wet bath since we will be going for long trips and also really need the separate dinette and couch to relax.

The Bullet 269RLS is really nice, has similar set up to the Apex Nano, but also has to swivel rockers in the back, not sure I want to drag around 5300 lbs. Guess it all depends on the truck I get.

#11 The Waterboy, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

WaterBoy, what did you ever do with your beige colored Fleetwood Bounder?

13. Dierking

If you're planning on dropping anchor for weeks at a time I wouldn't skimp on the amenities. If you're going to be on the move every couple of days you sacrifice some creature comforts for easier driving. But you'll have a blast either way. I'm envious. You full on retired?

14. The Waterboy

I figure a week or so at a time. I know up the Olympic Peninsula I could spend a month up there hiking but there are multiple campsites, I would spend a week in the rain forest, a week at a campsite close to the beach, etc. There may be a few spots we would spend 2-3 weeks at but I like to keep it pretty simple anyway so just as long as I have the AC for times like last year at Mendocino National Forest where it was still 104 degrees at 8 at night. I was camping in a tent that night.

I'm fully retired but not by choice, worked through having a bullet in the back and some other back issues but then had a vertebra in my neck removed a couple years back, replaced with 2 plates and screws. Tried working again but couldn't handle having to ice everything up for hours when I came home every night, on top of all the pain meds they had me on. Walking is pretty much the only thing I can do without adding to the pain too much. Driving around with the RV isn't going to be easy but I figure I'm in pain sitting at home, might as well be in pain but enjoy myself.

15. Dierking

Good for you. Have a blast.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Dont forget the rod and tacklebox..

The Waterboy likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

Absolutely, I don't know much about fishing but I can tie a clinch knot and pack a beer cooler, figure that covers most of what I need to know.

Dierking and Cman68 like this.
  18. The Waterboy

I've still got that parked out in the desert

playtowinthegame likes this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

.....and the look on Key's face. Priceless

Yankjetfan likes this.
  20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I'm in Orlando and part of a group of fans who travel to all the Florida games. Would absolutely be interested if you get a tailgate together Waterboy. Keep us updated!

Jay Bizniss and The Waterboy like this.