Week 1, Jets vs Bills. Predict, Analyze, Discuss!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's our Toddy!

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's something Buffalo Physco would wear.

Where is that nincompoop? Wassup Fizz Co?

Bills over Jets and FJF like this.
  3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Im somewhat of a degenerate, and found a site that gave me this line. Am I nuts? Buffalo has looked just as bad as us in the preseason and a division games are typically one score.

4. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

This the beginning of our SB run, We finish 14-2 and win the big one.

[​IMG]

ajax and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He didn't play in the second game. Manuel did , guess you don't actually watch the games, but let's hope your right and that our offense can actually score some points.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Bowles was misquoted. He actually said he has wanted another bottle of Henessey after each game the past couple of years.....:rolleyes::confused:

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't see either offense doing much. This is a game where you want your D out there as both defenses should control the offenses. Watching our O-line try to block Darius and Williams is going to be ugly.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

We can all "embrace the tank" all we want... but if you guys are like me when you watch the game, you're going to want that win! and then complain about it with a smile after lol!

ajax, FlaJet and TonyFtLaud like this.
  9. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

This being related to the bills...Jets fans should be cheering mightily for 3 QBs this year. Tyrod Taylor, Deshone Kizer and Brian Hoyer. Maybe not when they are playing the Jets but otherwise I think I will be big fans of those three for 2017. If they can manage a few ugly wins maybe the Jets can win a couple games and still manage drafting with the top spot.

10. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

IMO, this is one of very few games that the Jets can actually win if they do a few things they don't normally:

1) The defense must score. Everyone knows how bad this offense is going to be. It's no secret. So for the Jets to have a chance in this game the defense must put points on the board. This is something the Jets defense almost NEVER does. As good as their defense they SUCK at generating turnovers.

2) The offense must establish the running game. This OL is so horrid, I would VERY surprised if the RB's collectively gained over 100 yards in a game this season. But that's what they are going to have to do if they plan on beating the Bills? I mean what other area of the offense is going to pick up the slack? There will never be such a thing as Air McCown, Petty, or Hack. None of these guys are good enough unless they were playing a college team.

However, if the Jets can manage to do these two things, I believe they'll win in their opener?

11. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

As far as turn overs Tyrod Taylor is very good at keeping interceptions to a minimum.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that's true but I just don't see how he is going to be successful this year. His game is the deep passing game and they took away all of his deep threats. They are setting him up to fail so they can move on after the season.

as for our game Taylor will protect the ball but dump it off all game. It will probably still be enough to win a 14-10 type game

Cman68 likes this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If any team establishes the running game it will be the one who has McCoy. He is their best player. I would imagine they will do everything to get McCoy the football as much as possible be it running or screens. As for the Jets I think they will have to throw it to win. The strength of the Bills D is the front four with Hughes, Williams, Darius, and Lawson. I would be shocked if the Jets O-Line can open up holes in the run game.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Spread is Buffalo -8.5 right? That is insane. I don't think the Jets are that bad. Maybe I have been wearing green colored glasses and will see the truth come Sunday. Or the media is wrong.

JetDan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The media always discredits the "unknown." The Jets have a lot of rookies and young players who are "unknowns." No one know how well or how poorly they'll play. No one knows if they'll make a ton of mistakes or few. In the case of the Jets, it's probably even more true due to the fact that there have been so many busts and wasted draft picks over the years, and because Bowles so often has not had the team prepared for games, can't make adjustments, is too conservative, and can't manage the clock.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I predict Mccown will get hurt..... And we will lose 21-10..... On the bright side I predict Stewart and Hansen continue to flash potential..... And Bilal Powell will finish with over 100 total yards and a TD

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

17. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I've to $500 on the Jets -10. It's come down since, but -8.5 is still a lot.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

we rank 32 on NFL week 1 rank. I think we have a change to win

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Honest question here, what makes everyone thinks the jets defense will be so good? There's two great players in Wilkerson and Williams, but beyond that, the players aren't any good IMO or we know nothing about them yet. No linebackers, no corners, and you may or may not have good safeties (we don't know).

And no I don't think the bills game will be a bar to measure it by. Bills probably won't score many points against anyone this year.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I'll give you jets -6 if you want to go another $500.