Was Mark Chamura out of line when he bashed Brett Farve?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dclark26, Apr 5, 2006.

?

Was Mark Chamura out of line when he bashed Farve on ESPN Radio?

Poll closed Apr 15, 2006.
  1. yes

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. no

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  1. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

On his radio show in Greenbay, which I believe is heard on 1150 AM in WI, former Packer TE Mark Chamura bashed the undecided QB and was quoted as saying that he is being, "selfish", and is holding the franchise back because of his inflated ego. He went on about how he is putting himself above the franchise and talked about how Greenbay needed an answer before draft day.

I agree with Chamura, but I don't think that he went about it the right way. Farve and him are reportedly still close from their playing years together and Brett stood up to bat for Mark when he was on the oust w/ the Packer FO and helped him overcome addictions to pain killers and alcoholism. Chamrua was a very average TE, but thanks to Farve and Antonio Freeman, he has a superbowl ring.

2. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Brett Favre is one my favorite QBs, but he has diva like streaks, where he clearly puts himself ahead of the team. If any other qb were to try that, they would be eaten alive by the media. They put him on such a high pedastal that he never really gets disciplined.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

surprised you guys know who mark chamura even is...

well besides that court deal he had....

anyways, i don't blame him...i've been tired of brett since week 1 of this past year

4. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

I have a buddy that has the same tattoo as Chmura, and when we were 13 he was his favourite player, besides Rod Woodson

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Everything Chamura said was true, yet he was still out of line because everyone loves and adores Bret Farve and many were probably angry over the comments.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't think so.

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Chmura was spot on..... because he got into a scrape (one which I still believe was a set-up for $), doesn't make his critisms any less valid. Favre is holding that franchise for ransom, and it sucks. If he's doing it because he wants to be traded, just freakin say it. If he thinks he's going to run the FO, he's stupid.

I used to really like Favre..... now, I think he's every bit as bad as the guy he bashed so much last year, Javon Walker. Talk about being a hypocrite.... this takes the cake.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No. People kiss Brett Favre's ass way too much. He's great.... we know that. Doesn't mean he can wreck the franchise's offseason and draft plans by delaying his decision.

I'm pretty sick of Brett Favre. Retire already.... Just my opinion I know I will get bashed for it.

9. nightowltom

nightowltom New Member

Glad to see you brought that up. Favre had no qualms about sticking it to Walker but wants to be untouchable himself. Maybe the Packers could be a winning team if they could find a quarterback who won't throw stupid interceptions every ten minutes. Favre's washed up and the Pack should have told him to retire as an icon or they can cut him and he could do the Joe Montana and play two more forgettable years for another team.

As for Chmura, he was a very good tight end and did a phenomenal job as Favre's safety valve when he got into trouble. Like Bledsoe with Ben Coates in New England, it was never quite the same for Favre once his "go to" TE retired.

10. GreenMachine

Isn't this the same Mark Chmura who tried to diddle his daughters friend???

11. NYJalltheway

12. GreenMachine

13. NYJalltheway

:lol: i thought that looked funny with the A in there

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Was Mark Chmura out of line when he became a child molester?