Walter footballs Mock Draft - I think I would cry if this happened

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Apr 23, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Browns take allen 1st
    Giants take barkely 2nd
    Jets pass on darnold and rosen at 3 for mayfield
    Bill trade up to 4 for darnold
    Pats get rosen 23rd overall
    Jackson goes 27th to the saints

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

Jets have to play darnold and rosen each twice a year after passing on them for mayfield

matt robinson 17 and boozer32 like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd really hate to see Rosen on the Pats.

That said, Belichik requires total commitment to football and tends to trade people who open their mouth or want real money. It's not clear to me that Rosen's cerebral approach to football would be enough to keep him out of Belichik's doghouse. Coaches get less flexible as they age not more so.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think I would legitimately just watch NFL Red Zone instead of watching the Jets. No way will I be here for that train-wreck.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

No chance that Rosen falls to #23.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have to wonder if the Jets really are putting out smokescreens about being locked into taking Mayfield so that Rosen falls to them.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I have to think think the interviews are really hurting Rosen. For a smartguy he is pretty darn stupid. He has a good agent and I am sure lots of adults are killing themselves preparing him for interviews to try reassure people that he has a singular focus on football, that he can control his behavior, that he can stay on point, that he is not self entitled, he has some level of maturity and then he immediately runs off tangents on everything, insulting large groups of people, repeatedly using the F word, raising all the same concerns, contradicting himself and unable to show any focus or discipline. Teams have to wonder if this is how he acts when he is applying for a job how bad will he be once he is drafted. Klatt raised the question of his lack of focus and discipline in interviews and Dave Thomas said something similar today with teams concerned about his character. He seems to be really shooting himself in the foot. But maybe this is the best thing for him to go to a good team mid to late 1st round that can let him sit a few years.

I don't care how much he might be dropping he is too talented to get past Miami, Buffalo and Arizona.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But all this isn't based upon facts, nor any quotes attributed to Rosen. All of this is just re-hashed hearsay that's echoing in the closing hours of Draft Season.

And he isn't falling out of the top 5 IMO.

Noam and CotcheryFan like this.
  9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Certainly its an opinion that he is a dropping and a trend. It is also the opinion of Klatt and Thomas about how they interpreted his interview. We all read his ESPN interview and we saw how atrociously he mangled it. All he had to do was stay on point, express his dedication to football, not insult others, not contradict himself, not to tell everyone how much he regretted using the F word then use it three times a minutes later, not act like a know it all and entitled. He has had people working months with him to get him to say and do the right thing and he disregarded all that advice and instead added more fuel to the fire. Plain stupid and moronic. I understand he is extremely young but the guy has to be getting round the clock advice and coaching and seems to have problems listening and taking advice. If he cannot handle a simple interview with softball reporter questions how is he handling interviews with teams that are trying to trip him up? Not a fact but I think where there is smoke there is fire. Rosen'r durability is certainly a concern but his ability to focus, stay disciplined, maturity and ability to dedicate himself to football seems to be a bigger issue especially when you have two respected insiders questioning his character. If he has problems focusing now and acting in a responsible manner what is he going to be like after he signs his guaranteed rookie contract.

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

This is crazy. Rosen at 23. And the Jets would not pass on Darnold but he wont be there. Cleveland AND the Giants won't be that stupid one right after the other.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Someone wanted hits on his website

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Rosen drops because the NFL is concerned he has opinions then some team that absolutely does not deserve a talent of his caliber will get lucky.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Walter has been absolutely terrible this year. He must be hurting for traffic

boozer32, Leicester Jet and Poeman like this.
  14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The pick isn’t Mayfield.. it just can’t be.. every Tom, Dick and Harry has him to the Jets.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You might check this article out Noam:

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/josh-rosen/josh-rosen.html

and in particular, this section:

"This brings us to another image-related front on which Rosen feels a need to set the record straight: Call it the Bo Callahan Stigma. Callahan, a character in the 2014 film "Draft Day", is the hotshot passer who is ultimately passed over by the team with the No. 1 overall pick (the Browns, naturally) after the general manager learns none of the quarterback's collegiate teammates had attended his 21st birthday party.

For the record: Rosen, who celebrated his 21st birthday in February, is no Bo Callahan.

"He invited me to his birthday dinner in Hollywood, and I was excited just to tag along," says UCLA's Wilson, a former walk-on. "He's nothing but a good friend, teammate and brother to me. I was at USC my true freshman year, and I heard all the negative things: 'Josh Rosen, he's cocky, he's this and that.' Then I transferred, and my first day on (UCLA's) campus, I didn't think he'd even know who I was, and he's like, 'Wassup, Caleb.' He knew I went to Serra (High School), that I'd played quarterback and that I'd walked on at USC. I was like, 'Damn, I didn't even know Josh even knew my name. That's tight.'"

Says Mora: "He is an empathetic and humble guy who I think at times has been tremendously misunderstood. He and my daughter are still very good friends, and she describes him first and foremost as a good and caring person, and that means a lot to me."

As to Rosen's assertion you could walk around UCLA's campus asking about him and almost automatically get a "bad response," Mora, who was fired as UCLA's coach last November, replies, "I would hope not, but I know this: There's not one guy on our football team that knew him intimately that would've said (anything negative). Not one player, or one coach, not one trainer, not one person in the weight room, not one person in the film department -- nobody. And he was consistently voted a captain during the week and at the end of the year, not because he was the best player on the team, but because the players sincerely respected his work ethic, toughness, character, competitiveness and the way he treated them."

So when I read/hear stuff about how Rosen is hated, and is an asshole, but those comments are never attributed, and I compare that to these types of comments, I wonder just who and what is behind the trashing. But if it allows him to fall to #3 and Macc does the smart thing and jumps on him, I don't care.

16. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I think all of the Mayfield to the Jets rumors are smokescreens, but I'm not sure which QB the Jets value the most. I think they want Rosen or Allen.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Those guys at Walter Football are nuts.

There is no way the Jets take Mayfield when they are locked onto Quenton Nelson.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that would be hard to deal with. But I don't see Rosen dropping that far. I also don't see Jackson dropping that far. But you never know. Its happened before.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Everybody is so centered on the negatives with Rosen's personality that they are forgetting what really may be causing his slide and that is his concussion history. I would assume somehow NFL teams have gotten hold of some of his medical records and if he is one or two concussions away from being out of football then that may be the cause of the slide..of course we will never know if that's true but you can bet the team that drafts him will be questioned about it.