Vote: The Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by Jam., Jan 22, 2011.

?

The Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award

1. Nyjunc

51 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. AbdulSalam

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Hobbes3259

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Cakes

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  5. Mr Electric

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I didn't start any of this. You guys did so apparently you do care.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it started off as a difference of opinion...but then it went to the next level.....and I'm guilty of it too.

You need to get it in your head that you're not always right, junc....you'd probably garner more respect if you would check your smug know-it-all demeanor at the door.

But it ends now...unless you take it to the TT forum.

3. nyjunc

I have enough respect on here from those that matter. I thank everyone for voting for me and I don't dislike you mbgreen. This is all fun, sometimes we all forget that. When I am debating w/ others I don't hate the other person b/c I disagree w/ them. I enjoy debating, I love seeing people come back at me and post facts to back up their arguments. I love learning and we all learn the most in those great debates. W/o arguing and debating this board would be really boring.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I definitely remember you being one of the posters who went on and on about how much better Chad Pennington was than Tom Brady back in 02/03.

5. nyjunc

I don't know if ever said that to be honest. I, like many of the misinformed, didn't give Brady enough credit in '01 but he convinced me in 2002 and reinforced that in '03. If you are just saying the '02-'03 season then Chad was much better than him that particluar season, the only QB better than Chad in that season was Rich Gannon.

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Calm it down guys...This is not the place for this.

7. 624

624 Banned

Junc don't you already have enough votes?

Stop campaigning for more in this thread.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Say it ain't so.

I do not want to win the 2011 nyjunc Award and have that show up underneath my username. I'll have to avoid arguments, maybe operate like those guys who start threads and then never post a second time in those threads.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

hahahahahhahahahahahaha well done well done

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

When all your arguments start from a post like this, its no wonder everyone takes the bait.

And trust me Junc, no one has the time to even try to scratch the surface of your track record. That's how much time you waste...

11. nyjunc

Don't worry, you are not worthy.

In other words you can't do it. Thanks for chiming in!

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

31K+ buddy. Thanks for arguing your point. You really deserve this award.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You don't understand.

Let me explain.

Right now I am tied for 2nd place here.

If this is turned into the nyjunc Award starting with next January's award season it means you won't be on the ballot. It is very conceivable that I could get a lot of the votes that would have gone to you.

14. IATA

IATA Trolls

No Cakes, you don't understand. When it comes to baseless arguing for the sake of arguing, you are not in juncs realm.

He'd argue the sky was green and that we just don't understand colors like he does.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You know nothing about the color spectrum............

16. 624

624 Banned

The visible spectrum is the portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to (can be detected by) the human eye. Electromagnetic radiation in this range of wavelengths is called visible light or simply light. A typical human eye will respond to wavelengths from about 390 to 750 nm.[1] In terms of frequency, this corresponds to a band in the vicinity of 400–790 THz. A light-adapted eye generally has its maximum sensitivity at around 555 nm (540 THz), in the green region of the optical spectrum (see: luminosity function). The spectrum does not, however, contain all the colors that the human eyes and brain can distinguish. Unsaturated colors such as pink, or purple variations such as magenta, are absent, for example, because they can only be made by a mix of multiple wavelengths.

Visible wavelengths also pass through the "optical window", the region of the electromagnetic spectrum that passes largely unattenuated through the Earth's atmosphere. Clean air scatters blue light more than wavelengths toward the red, which is why the mid-day sky appears blue. The human eye's response is defined by subjective testing, but atmospheric windows are defined by physical measurement.

The "visible window" is so called because it overlaps the human visible response spectrum. The near infrared (NIR) windows lie just out of the human response window, and the Medium Wavelength IR (MWIR) and Long Wavelength or Far Infrared (LWIR or FIR) are far beyond the human response region.

Many species can see frequencies which fall outside the "visible spectrum". Bees and many other insects can see light in the ultraviolet, which helps them find nectar in flowers. Plant species that depend on insect pollination may owe reproductive success to their appearance in ultraviolet light, rather than how colorful they appear to humans. Birds too can see into the ultraviolet (300–400 nm), and some have sex-dependent markings on their plumage, which are only visible in the ultraviolet range.

Two of the earliest explanations of the optical spectrum came from Isaac Newton, when he wrote his Opticks, and from Goethe, in his Theory of Colours, although earlier observations had been made by Roger Bacon who first recognized the visible spectrum in a glass of water, four centuries before Newton discovered that prisms could disassemble and reassemble white light.[4]

Newton first used the word spectrum (Latin for "appearance" or "apparition") in print in 1671 in describing his experiments in optics. The word "spectrum" [Spektrum] was strictly used to designate a ghostly optical afterimage by Goethe in his Theory of Colors and Schopenhauer in On Vision and Colors. Newton observed that when a narrow beam of sunlight strikes the face of a glass prism at an angle, some is reflected and some of the beam passes into and through the glass, emerging as different colored bands. Newton hypothesized that light was made up of "corpuscles" (particles) of different colors, and that the different colors of light moved at different speeds in transparent matter, with red light moving more quickly in glass than violet. The result is that red light bends (refracted) less sharply than violet as it passes through the prism, creating a spectrum of colors.

Newton divided the spectrum into seven named colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. (Some schoolchildren memorize this order using the mnemonics ROY G. BIV or Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.) He chose seven colors out of a belief, derived from the ancient Greek sophists, that there was a connection between the colors, the musical notes, the known objects in the solar system, and the days of the week.[5][6] The human eye is relatively insensitive to indigo's frequencies, and some otherwise well-sighted people cannot distinguish indigo from blue and violet. For this reason some commentators, including Isaac Asimov, have suggested that indigo should not be regarded as a color in its own right but merely as a shade of blue or violet.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe argued that the continuous spectrum was a compound phenomenon. Where Newton narrowed the beam of light to isolate the phenomenon, Goethe observed that a wider aperture produces not a spectrum, but rather reddish-yellow and blue-cyan edges with white between them. The spectrum only appears when these edges are close enough to overlap.

In the early 19th century, the concept of the visible spectrum became more definite, as light outside the visible range was discovered and characterized by William Herschel (infrared) and Johann Wilhelm Ritter (ultraviolet), Thomas Young, Thomas Johann Seebeck, and others.[7] Young was the first to measure the wavelengths of different colors of light, in 1802.[8]

The connection between the visible spectrum and color vision was explored by Thomas Young and Hermann von Helmholtz in the early 19th century. Their theory of color vision correctly proposed that the eye uses three distinct receptors to perceive color.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You're all wrong!

18. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 New Member

hahhaha I figured Junc would be on here. It seems he's disliked on here, but the vast majority of all on FH like him. He typically gets voted the best non-dolphins fan poster on FH.

I don't always agree with Junc, but he is certainly one of the better rival posters that I know.

19. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Ouch...that really doesn't help Junc around these parts, man.

*disclaimer* I like Junc and the way he posts

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:breakdance: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.