Vote for the Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Year

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Jan 21, 2007.

?

Who is the Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Year?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2007.
  1. Thunderbird Jet

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Kurt the Jets Fan

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Jetsin2004

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Jilozzo

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Winstonbiggs

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. mezzavo

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. statjeff

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  8. Cakes

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. Br4dw4y5ux

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  10. Jabba the Jet

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

You should do a BETTER Punter report next year and win them back.

He's more knowledgebale than you AND smarter.

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

First, I want to apologize to TwinJets. You put so much time and effort into something that was intended to be fun and enjoyable only to have it trun into a turd bath. Secondly, I'd like to apologize to the entire board. I do really love this site, it's the best Jets fan MB out there, by a long shot. I was having serious withdrawal syptoms. I did feel like I was in a no win situation. Defend myself, and look petty and egotistical. That was the mistaken path I took. I could have, and should have just ignored any negative posts about me, but I found that for me, it wasn't all that easy to do. I didn't measure up.

Twin.... I hope, like me, you reconsider your decision. I think there have been some good suggestions about changing the names of various awards. Recognizing people for solid contributions and informative posts with or without interjected opinions is a good thing, which went bad this year. Your good intentions and time spent are appreciated, by me and lots of others.

The only real problems came from two awards. Most and least knowledgable. Some people will take it too seriously. I don't think we need a king or the town beggar. There is plenty of room in between. "Linemen Expert". "Special teams expert". "Offensive coordinator". "Defensive coordinator". "Draft expert". No kings, no paupers.

Again, I apologize to everyone, and feel pretty badly about my part in fucking it all up. Twin, most of all.... I apologize.

3. Benny & The Jets

Benny & The Jets New Member

Great post Tbj. Don't ever ever lower your standards again. Unfortunately, there are people that are simply not worth it. Just let them bang their chests and put em on ignor.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

This thread reads a lot like someone isn't happy that they're going to have to hand over their title imminently. :)

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You think it takes guts or balls to attack a person’s character on an internet forum where we are all anonymous?

You should stick to numbers, in that realm you are a clearly the Savant of the board, it appears when you go outside that area the idiot shows up.

#105 winstonbiggs, Jan 30, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  6. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

he's probably going to report you for namecalling. for someone that doesn't care about this award, he sure is a whiny bitch.

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Difficult to chose. This is a who's who of the best posters out there. Despite wanting out, TBJ get my vote. TBJ - You are a class act, and whether you like it or not, people respect your opinions and you should be recognized as such.

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

By the rightous power now wielded by myself, I endow this award to statjeff, and bestow all of the powers that come with it. This has been voted on by the high council, and approved.

I bow to his awsome posting powers which some have failed to even acknowledge. I can now only be contacted by a Jedi channeler as I have passed into the next realm. May the force be with you, and beware the power of the dark side. Fight maniacle egotism, and the defense of your given title. Envy, ego, fear and jealousy are the tools of the dark side.

Beware young statjeff..... the pull of the dark side is strong.

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

hey, this whole mess caused such a ruckus that someone even changed their name! :wink:

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm reminded of the words of General William Tecumseh Sherman: "If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve."

[​IMG]

Since there is (currently) a four-way tie for second place, clearly some sort of "Gang of Four" dictatorship is the most natural solution.

[​IMG]

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Wow... some of the posters... just wow...

But anyway, Congratulations to TBird, well deserved. Of the people on that list, I'd rank TBird right there at the top when it comes to a diverse knowledge about all things Jets football. Rather than be a one-trick pony like a few others (either a stat junkey, or someone with 3 opinions argued over and over), he shows a control over a large amount of info, as well as a willingness to learn about different concepts.

Also, as far as College Football and the Draft are concerned when it comes to the Jets, I'd put him with Kurt, Cakes, and Jabba as the only ones on there that have both shown quality knowledge as well as effort in the field.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

TWICE!!!!!! :rofl2:

13. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Congrats, Thunderbird even though you still don't want the award. I went with Cakes right before I saw his post saying he didn't want the award. He seems to have a lot of knowledge of Jets football as well as NFL. However, I have been paying closer attention to thunderbird's posts after this award and all the arguing and he is definitly a great poster. He provides explanations on his ideas and doesn't just post one sentence opinions with no backup.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Yes Yes....that was me...but not because of this thread:breakdance:

15. abyzmul

Are you sure you're not a woman?

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you know man, i really envy you....a guy who spends so many hours of the day on the internet just to ridicule and make fun of people you dont know because it makes you feel better inside...youre so cool, i wish i were you

its people like you that make me realize how lucky I really am...so thank you!

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

t-bird, keep on keepin on. your posts are one of the reasons a lot of people, including myself, come here. congrats on the well deserved award.

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Tbird, enjoy the victory my friend. What you should try to remember is that many other posters could have been nominated because of friendships or favoritism.

That just gets you nominated. To win something you need to have delivered the goods...and you did....ALL YEAR LONG.

No matter what excuses some of these egotistical nutjobs want to through around..you won because the majority believed you should have.

Thats the bottom line.

19. abyzmul

I thought I was on your Ignore List! :rofl: :rofl:

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

as much of a loser that you are, i decided to take you off, so i can read your opinions....now i remember why i put you on it

everyone thinks they are a tough guy on the internet