Vote for the Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Year

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by twinjetfan, Jan 21, 2007.

?

Who is the Most Knowledgeable Poster of the Year?

Poll closed Feb 3, 2007.
  1. Thunderbird Jet

26 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Kurt the Jets Fan

4 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Jetsin2004

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Jilozzo

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Winstonbiggs

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. mezzavo

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  7. statjeff

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  8. Cakes

12 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. Br4dw4y5ux

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  10. Jabba the Jet

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Oh, forgive me for not quoting you perfectly... regardless, it was inappropriate and just showed disagreeing with you means being a jerk.. in your eyes.. I'm a jerk regardless, I don't need to be told that, but that's just your attitude in general.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wow, you're just one big bag of sunshine there aren't you?

3. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

You do realize TBJ is one of the more respected and well-liked posters on the forum. You just continue to make yourself look like an ass after every post you make. You're the one with the attitude and your ego is shown in every single post I see from you. You always either have a smart ass remark for someone who is or isn't wrong.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I also realize that he got a lot of votes because of some punt reviews... The aussies proved thats why they voted for him.

As for looking like an ass? That's not for me to judge, and I frankly don't care. ThunderbirdJet, in my eyes, isn't respected. Some of his insight is good... attitude certainly is not.

I'm entitled to my opinion too.. Sometimes it takes a little guts to not just go along with the masses. I'm not scared to go out on a limb... I don't care what you think of me.. I'll say what I think. I'm not alone in my opinion though. I know that for a fact. I'm one of the few with the balls to say it though.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And there, in your opinionated post, you have proven to be wrong. Congrats!

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Although I love reading all of the posters up there, I voted for winston because of his awesome crusade in the Trolling on a Sunday Afternoon thread, which he started in the offseason when a lot of us were buckled in for a rough and unpleasant season. That tenacity and forethought is the type of thing these message boards were made for. You're the man, WB.

7. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

What's wrong with Punt Reviews? You downplayed them for no reason. There are plenty of Aussies who appreciated it because it gave them some info on Graham's progress.

I have been reading TBJ's posts for awhile now, never where I have seen him have an attitude or take it out on posters where it is undeserving.

8. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Try again? You are making no sense.

I agree with abyzmul. Winston is a good choice.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I may not make sense to you, but I think others may disagree.

10. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Nothing is wrong with Punt Reviews... give him credit for doing them.

However, when that's the sole reason you win... that's not really showing overall football knowledge.

11. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Look, let's end this.. there is no convincing you guys of my side, and no convincing me of your side, so we may as well just end it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I'm not up for reading cryptic messages from Alio, or any other of this crap, so enjoy.

12. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I really don't understand why you guys are bickering over this. Makes no sense really. Don't know why you are blaming each other for being most knowledgeable when they didn't even choose to be on here, your fellow posters did. Now unfortunately, this has become quite a problem, so maybe there won't be any awards next year (or at least ran by me) to reduce the bickering.

13. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

My last comment on this, and I'm done. I post training camp reports, am active in the draft forums, and often post on offensive and defensive linemen, my pet hobby, which I do all I can to know and understand. I try to be a student of line play. I posted quite a bit over the last two years on Pouha for instance, regarding his poor technique, bad footwork and not using his impressive arm strength correctly to keep O linemen from getting into and under his pads.

I've been published on both the net and in print on football related subjects, including Draft Daddy, Football Guys, the Huddle and others.

Yet, because I did the Graham reports, it's all about that, and only that to people who have an agenda. I don't want to win the voting. I should have pulled out from the very beginning, when I knew it would turn into a big pissing contest. It sucks to come to my own Jets board and feel like I have to defend myself from constant attacks.

I know who I am, and what I do and don't know. I'm an rabid football fan, a crazed Jets fan and an amatuer commentator on the game and team I love to follow.

Having said that, please give this award to someone else. I don't want it. It just isn't worth the agravation. Seriously. Fuck it. I don't want any part of this bullshit anymore, or this whining little troll who follows me around. His agenda apparently is to make it so unpalatable here as to chase me off the site. He might even suceed. I've had enough BS from this whiny troll. He now has what he wants.... I'm outta here.

14. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I didn't see this before I posted in the other thread. Twinjetfan, thank you for doing this. It was fun while it lasted. Alas, inflated egos and such just have to suck the fun out of everything for every body. Sorry kiddo. :sad:
    Here's what I said in the other hot spot. :mad:

Ok. I have had enough. I'm going to say this in this thread and the "other" trouble spot. Twinjetfan worked really hard on putting this together. He don't deserve this kind of shit.
    The fact that some of you guys are taking this way over the top for personal reasons is disgusting. Grown men in a dick waving contest (excuse my wordage) GROW UP.

I'm disappointed in alot of you.

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

(Not directed at PF)

[​IMG]

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Coming from the meanest poster at GG, that means alot to me. Thanks Abyzmul.

#96 winstonbiggs, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why do you care about one obvious asshole? Put him on ignore and be done with it. This way when he follows you around like a dog in heat all you see is the following:

This message is hidden because <insert asshole here> is on your ignore list.

#97 Miamipuck, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  18. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Can you imagine what a new person to the site thinks when they see these awards. I'm sure they are thinking to themselves: "what a bunch of losers with inflated egos; who gives a shit about an internet award" That's precisely that attitude everyone should take.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LOL it is what I am thinking.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

wow...i know i didnt support the idea of tbj for most knowledgable, but damn this thread has really gone over the top...

just like what Miami said....hit the damn ignore button, it works...sometimes...until they are quoted or until the Awards come around again....

is this award really that important worth fighting over??? we all know I feel he shouldnt win, i have the stones to say it, but im not going to gripe and moan over it...whats done is done...