Vikings!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 17, 2014.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Just watched episode 3 tonight, season is starting off good but expected better battles than we have seen so far. Heahmund is supposed to be a great warrior which should have set up good between him and Ivar but it seems the Saxons and Heahmund can't match Ivar's tactics.

I'm guessing Floki is in Iceland with the black volcanic sand beach. I like Floki as a character but don't see that part of the show holding interest. Floki will obviously go get some people to try and settle there but it seems it would take a few seasons for it to get beyond that. I can see him sailing more to other parts of Iceland but since he was the first settler, while good to watch from a history standpoint, not quite as good from a "Vikings" view.

2. The Waterboy

Vikings coming back 11/28/18 and it is setting up for a showdown between Ivar The Boneless and Bjorn Ironsides

3. The Waterboy

Well 3 episodes left this season and then next season will be the last. Saw it coming after Ragnar was tossed into the snake pit, just hasn't been the same.

Talk of a spin off coming out though. Wondering if it could be about Rollo, his sons and The Norman Conquest.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They jumped the shark in France.

This show is virtually unwatchable at this point. When the strongest story arc in a show about Vikings revolves around British royalty, you're in trouble.

#84 abyzmul, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’m on season 4 as they try to invade Paris again and that’s exactly what I said. Even my wife, who is the one who wanted to watch this show and doesn’t tend to be very critical of things she’s interested in, has just shaken her head at it.