Vick Perfect Fit for Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

its a match made in hell.

nooooooo thank you.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont care how good or bad he is. i dont want a dog killer on this team

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I so hope that the Jets don't sign Vick.

4. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Ditto, & thank you... some people act like this POS didn't do anything really wrong, the guy is FU(KING EVIL & I hope karma hits him real hard & real good for a loonnggg time!!!

5. genu

genu New Member

Jets fan for over 30 years, we sign this POS I am forfeiting my fandom of the team for the duration of his stay here. It will suck because I live and die with the jets and the winter will be boring as fuck without football but I will not participate in this shitbirds tenure here.

6. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Your team? Hey Woody what's up?

7. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

No, some people know that he did something really wrong, but they also acknowledge that he's paid for it already. It's called forgiveness bro, u should try it some time. Who knows, one day u might need it from somebody, u know karma and all...

8. mikey

mikey Active Member

He's paid his debt to society. Never fought any of the accusations toward him and accepted responsibility for his actions. Not saying you should forgive him or even like him, but recognize that he deserves the chance to earn a living like everyone else. That being said, he's had success in the league and definitely has knowledge that he can pass on to Geno. Will definitely push Geno for the starting job and is a more than capable backup. Plus, he's played and been great under Marty. Sign him!

9. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

its not even the dog thing, i dont give a shit about that.

he'd pull his hamstring or break a rib in his first game, guy is made of glass. no thanks.

10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

He doesn't need to forgive him. What Vick did is awful and any fan absolutely has the right to hold that against him. Honestly it won't make a difference to him. Whether or not he's forgiven is between him and God.
    Playing in the NFL isn't earning a living, it is a privilege that grants favors that most of the world couldn't dream about having.

Can you imagine going on an interview for a normal job and having to explain to a potential employer why they should hire you when you were involved with a dog fighting ring, as well as the other atrocities he committed to dogs? Lucky for him, he doesn't.

11. mikey

mikey Active Member

For him football is his way of making a living. He's not getting ad deals anymore. I don know if he has any other marketable skills aside from being a celebrity. I'm a dog lover and understand where many of you are coming from. I also understand that he did his time, is still living with the consequences, and deserves a chance, untainted by his past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Section316

Section316 Active Member

Sure he does. That doesn't mean he deserves the unanimous support of an NFL fanbase just because he'll do his job wearing a shirt we all like.

The only reason that he's even receiving this much support is because his profession is the biggest win at all costs entertainment spectacle in the world, which requires athletes at the top 1% of their craft, making the field a limited one. If this guy was an accountant, how do you think his interview is going to go when they ask him about his criminal record, and he explains that he administered dogfighting rings, and tortured and killed thousands of dogs for personal entertainment and profit? Do you anticipate the response to be "we'll, you deserve to earn a living like everyone else, welcome aboard!". Hell, it's hard to get a white collar job if you have marijuana possession on your record, never mind torturing and killing of thousands of defenseless animals for profit. How about if he owned a restaurant? Approximately how long do you think it would take for that place to go under from lack of business once it surfaced in the news that the owner of restaurant X enjoys orchestrating dogfighting in his spare time, and then taking the losing dog and beating his head against concrete until he bleeds out? A week maybe? So yeah, he's out of jail and deserves to make a living, but he also deserves what he's done to follow him around like the plague, and if that means it's going to hurt his ability to make as good as living as he wants, well too bad. Lucky for him, he works in a profession where if you can run and throw a ball, the majority of the population is going to love you, and you're going to make some serious bank anyway.

As far as him paying his debt to society is concerned, he went to jail and got out, and resumed working at the exact same job, for a 7 figure salary. Did he pay any sort of debt to the thousands of defenseless beings that he forced into unnecessary combat with each other to the point of self mutilation, and then not just killed, but killed in the most torturous and painful ways imaginable? Over and over again. For years. With no remorse whatsoever until he finally got caught? If he wants to pay his debt to them, maybe he can volunteer to participate in weaponless combat with another man until one of them can no longer move, with risk that if he loses, he'll be either drowned, electrocuted, or beat over pavement to death? At that point, I'll say he served his debt to them.

My last point is this; I understand that following any professional sports team means temporarily suspending reality to root for the players inside the uniform, and I have 3 teams that are incredibly dear to my heart, and I do just that year round. And unless you're as naive as a 6 year old writing a Santa letter, that comes with the understanding that not everyone you'll be cheering for is the best guy. But you do it because sports is an escape from the real world, and that guy might help your team win. I've cheered for players busted for drugs (which I had no problem for, since getting busted for weed shouldn't even be a crime IMO) arrested for owning illegal weapons, getting into fights at bars and clubs, driving while intoxicated, and so on and so forth. A couple of years ago we all cheered for a guy stupid enough to shoot himself in his own leg with an illegal weapon. Just this past year we traded for some nutbag that likes to jack off for people in parking lots. And I'm sure plenty of other unconvinced athletes I've put reason aside and cheered for because they donned the uniform of my favorite team, were just plain not nice guys. It comes with the territory, and if you're going to be a die hard fan of any team, especially an NFL team, you put that aside. But at some point in time, even I have to draw the line for some people. If you're an asshole, I'll forget that you're an asshole if you can catch a football and score touchdowns for my favorite team. If you're straight up sick enough to force hundreds of defenseless animals to fight each other to the death, and personally kill the ones that don't quite die, in torturous fashion designed to make their exit from life include literally as much pain and suffering as possible, then I'm not going to cheer for you and hope you have success just because your jersey is green. You not only do that to animals, but do it for YEARS until you get caught, and you can go fuck yourself, whether you're wearing a Jets jersey or a Pats one. It's not even like at some point between dog #327 that he forcefully drowned in a pool, and dog #328 that he electrocuted that he had some sort of epiphany and decided "this is abhor able, let me stop", dude just kept going for years until the truth came out.

And the icing on the cake is that this guy isn't even a difference maker. He's an old, injury prone interception factory, who also happens to be responsible for some of the most atrocious acts that anyone in pro sports today is. He can go hop on a bicycle with a seat missing.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Shitty human being who can't stay healthy. I want no part of him. He wants to start. He can't stay healthy enough to be one.

Move on.

14. mikey

mikey Active Member

TL;DR, but when it comes down to it, Vick is a capable back up who can do what Garrard was supposed to do last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

he didnt kill a bunch of humans, just dogs.

16. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Don't be silly. You know what I meant.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Vick would probably beat out Geno in a competition and instantly make our offense better. 90% of the people who don't want him because of his past will be cheering just as loud for him throwing td passes as any other jets qb IMO

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

probably? Start Vick as soon as hes on the team because it clear as day, if healthy, he runs circles around Geno.

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You mean until he either fumbles the ball or trips and gets hurt?

20. Animosity

Animosity Member

This is funny to me. Forgive him?What did Vick do to him? LMAO!

With that being said, although Vick can still run and was averaging like 9.3 yards per carry last season (which I think is best ever), no thanks. The guy can't stay healthy for 5 games.