Veteran QBs ratings, thoughts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by James Hasty, Jan 28, 2018.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If we trade for Foles we can trade out of the #6 pick to recoup what we gave up for him (maybe even getting more). Getting Foles would likely mean that we get OL help or fill another need later in round one instead of rolling the dice on a QB.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If we can't land a QB then I got no problem with Foles.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Not to nit pik, but Smith will be 34 next season. It makes his value as a trade part drastically lower.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

You are correct, fixing the original post to put the right age now.

5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think if I was going to eat off the FA buffet (which I prefer over trading in this case) and Kirk Cousins did not want to come here I would like to explore the possibility of signing both Sam Bradford and Geezer back. If there is any fairness in the world they ought to be able to get you through the season between the two of them and my assumption is that both together would cost roughly half of Kirk Cousins. When Bradford is healthy and upright he can absolutely stick it. We worry about some of these young guys accuracy. Good god I don't think hardly anyone of the face of the earth is more accurate than Bradford when he's hitting on all cylinders.

I would then still take a QB with the #6 pick if one of the guys the Jets love falls to us but not force anything assuming one didn't (I'm specifically thinking Darnold and Allen personally but who knows what the Jets evaluate). If Barkley and your idea of top QB prospects are indeed drafted by #6 I'd give Quenton Nelson an awfully hard look. It seems like a boring thing to do right now but if he is really a Hall of Fame quality guard whatever we are putting back there for QB will benefit for years and years to come. Not to mention helping the ground and pound part immensely.

6. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

The Jets have immediately signed the losing QB of a Super Bowl once before. I worry signing Foles may be history repeating itself.

7. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Hello! Foles is going to win. Can't wait!

#27 playtowinthegame, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I can’t.

Can’t the Jets just have a guy who’s a Jet? I don’t want all these tarnished vets.
    Let’s find a QB that’s truly ours.

Get McCown out of here for the simple fact I don’t have to read his name misspelled over and over.

The only one I’d really like is Cousins and that because the Skins never treated him like their own.

Royal Tee, FJF and Red Menace like this.
  9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Kirk Chokesins isn't the guy you make the face of your franchise and hope to lift your franchise to a championship. Signing Kirk Chokesins means foregoing a qb in the 1st rd. Making Nick Foles, Alex Smith, or god forbid Josh McCown your vet qb before the draft means Jets drafting a quarterback in the 1st round is guaranteed.

10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

So very good. I especially loved your excitement that by the end of your post Rex had already been promoted to OC from QB coach...

Footballgod214 likes this.