Very Interesting Take on Tebow from Denver Fan Forum

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Big Blocker, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You just knew there'd be a well thought out post like this on a Denver Fan forum:

The moment that McD drafted Tebow, it created a QB controversy behind Orton. The Gator Nation's fans invaded the Broncos fanbase and pushed for their boy to start immediately. That naturally spilled into the media and eventually made for a divided Denver team.

On the one hand were the players who preferred Orton (yes, there were quite a few), he did nicely in his 1st year in Denver (8-7 as a starter) and there was a feeling that things were on an upswing.

Then McD let his mancrush get the better of him and he drafted Tebow - clearly a project QB at best - in the first round. Some players felt that as a 1st round pick, Tebow was the destined starter, so their support of Orton as a team leader waned.

I am positive that if Tebow hadn't been drafted or had been taken in a later round that Kyle Orton would still be the starter in Denver and have kept his winning record intact. The division that Tebow caused with his mere presence doomed Orton.

Watch the Jets this year. The Tebow faithful will not stand for their boy to sit behind Mark Sanchez. Every mistake Sanchez makes - a pick, a failed 3rd down conversion, a sack - will simply be fuel for their fire. Chants of "Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!" will soon fill the air, billboards will be erected, local sports talk radio shows will be overrun with Tebow fans demanding his start at every turn. Eventually, Rex Ryan and the Jets FO will capitulate - after all, Sanchez is a good QB that you can win with, but he lacks the Hall-of-Fame aura to protect him from such an assault. The Jets will go from an on-the-rise team that regularly makes the AFC Championship game to a meager bunch of also-rans. Sunk by a talentless QB's relentless army of fans..

Post 51 by Neckbeard at

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=210650&page=4

Have at it, Tebots.

2. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Yes because there wasn't enough Tebow hate here, what we needed is another "analytical" post by some random guy on the Broncos forum with the term "your boy" in it. Those are the ones I love to read the most. Especially those that actually try to paint Kyle Orton as some sort of respectable NFL QB.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy:
    Here's a fun fact, Kyle Orton went 10 and 5 in 15 game starts for the Bears in his rookie year.:eek:hmy:

4. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Neckbeard is a Kyle Orton homer/Tebow hater extremist. He has no logical grounds for any arguments. What he will never admit is...that Kyle Orton played himself out of the job! His record was abysmal and he was a master at the phantom sack.

5. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Here's a fun fact. He also had a QB rating of 59.7 over those starts. The second worst in league history as a rookie:lol:

He also constantly swapped starting spots and competed with another "amazing" NFL QB specimen named Rex Grossman. I actually blame Orton fans for the Tebow debacle. They have been doing this crap since Orton started in the NFL. Orton's irrelevant following got a taste of what they deserve.

I tell you what. Take Grossman, Orton, Jackson, Young, Sanchez heck even toss in Freeman, and put them ALL on the same team and let them all alternate as starters.

I'll take Tebow over that entire group, and bet you I'll get further in the playoffs and sell out tickets. You won't even get to watch them play, because there will be a media blackout every game.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

agree Orton sucked but he is still better than Tebow. Shitty QB's win in this league because the reality is this is a very mediocre league and there is little that seperates 6 win teams from 10 win teams even less between 8 & 8 teams and 6 and 10 win teams.

In the end to get through the playoff gauntlett you need a very good to great QB. Tebow just doesn't have the skill set to be that, nor does Orton. Grossman as shitty as he is actually took a team to the SB. Sanchez and Freeman are far superior pro prospects than Tim Tebow.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Title said "very interesting take." Title was misleading.

8. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Yes he does. He's got a better skill set than any of those guys. On top of that he's a better leader, motivator, tougher and without doubt has the clutch gene.

And I agree, there is nothing to separate those teams, nor that list of quarterbacks which is why Tebow's got a much bigger upside. That list is the very definition of mediocrity in the NFL with 0 upside. He does not belong among that list.

While not football related Tebow does have 100x the personality those guys do and he's like the freaking George Clooney/Brad Pitt of NFL QB's right now. Chicks dig him. Heck I'd argue it even matters between players. And like or or not, that part does add up to something. Part of football is also entertainment.

9. catfish

catfish New Member

I sincerely doubt the 50-60% of the stadium chanting Tebow's name were gator fans who for some reason flew in from Florida to buy up all the Denver tickets just to make an ass out of themselves. Tebows name got chanted because he looked good in the games he played the previous year and Orton was sucking hard, no other reason. The media jumped on it because it was an underdog story and Americans love rooting for the underdog. I doubt the media ciruce will hang around to the extent it did last year.

10. Big Blocker

Listen bub, it is interesting to Jet fans such as myself, and that may very well not include you, to hear not the opinion of a Denver fan but his description of what happened when Tebots invaded the Denver fanbase. It is extremely interesting to us, or should be, since we have a concern, as well we should, that something similar will, or least might, happen to the Jets.

Seeing as how this is a Jet fan message board, I am not sure what you would legitimately argue qualifies as interesting if the foregoing is not.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Since when did you start using QBR, :wink:

12. RevRick

RevRick New Member

The Denver forums are just like here - haters and worshipers and some of us with common sense. At the Orangemane right now there is a post of Timmy's 1st tweet as a Jet, thanking Bronco fans, players and coaches with 1000's of views and 100's of posts, with almost all (even haters) appreciating what he did for them last year.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So this explains why you post here.

14. Big Blocker

It is my understanding that Orton was injured the year before, and that carried over to the 2011 season. In addition there no doubt were fans who were taken by the fact that Tebow was the first round draft pick. EVERY fanbase has some who will want to see what the new guy would do if he was put in there.

It didn't have to be 50-60%. 40% would have been plenty.

15. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Obviously. I follow the chicks.:grin:

16. Big Blocker

Uh, there's no more than a couple of female posters here.

And not to digress, but looking for girls/women on a football message board is, to say the least, a very poor strategy. Among other considerations it is a proven fact that the average female poster on a sports message board weighs 260 lbs, although that stat does include Nascar fans. But still.

#16 Big Blocker, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Having read hundreds of neckbeard posts, I can tell you he is the farthest thing from an objective commentator on Tebow.

18. catfish

catfish New Member

Yeah Orton had some bruised ribs in week 15 which is why Tebow got the start. I don't think that ribs bruise would carry over too much. Denver kind of added to its own drama by putting Orton up for trade and indicating that Tebow would start, then naming Orton the starter when the trade to Miami fell apart.

Like you said though the backup QB is the most popular guy on the team, especially when he is a shiny new toy, who looked pretty good in limited playing time the previous year. All that said had Orton not sucked out loud(whether due to injury or not) the chants would have been minimal, but coming off a 4-12 season and starting 1-3 the Denver fans pretty much as a group concluded if we are going to suck we might as well suck with someone who has potential to improve. The wins suprised everyone

19. Big Blocker

I know about the other factors involved in Denver even if you don't. Anyone who pretends the only variable was changing out Orton for Tebow either is intentionally being misleading or doesn't know what they are talking about.