Very Happy w/ Geno's Performance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 7, 2014.

1. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Salas cost him a 2nd TD.

Geno did well considering the amount of 3rd and long we put ourseles in. The penalties on the OLine and Decker, specifically by Colon really put Geno in rough spots so I thought Geno managed things well. You don't want to keep putting your QB in such rough spots on a common basis though, not a recipe for success.

2. frankiepapa

frankiepapa New Member

I know it was a terrible play the sack he took but what could he do there. .I guess just go down right away but the line needs to take some responsibility as well. .

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Lets get the bad out of the way; his situational awareness is non-existent. We won't win against quality teams unless he plays to the situation.

Now for the good, very impressed with his command of the offense and his accuracy (hell of a play on that int). He needs to stop taking so many hits, its going to catch up to him sooner then later. IF he can cut down on dumb plays like taking a sack that takes us out of FG range and fumbling at the goal line he may be the qb we have been looking for.

I will say I love his talent, shook off some sacks and did some good things on his feet. That extra muscle is certainly paying off already. I am cautiously enthusiastic that he prove all the talking heads wrong this year.

All Gas No Shake, Br4d and legler82 like this.
  4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Our QB will make dumb mistakes if we continue to put him in poor spots with self shot penalties. Geno's not good enough to overcome those 3rd and unnecessary long, not many Qbs in the NFL are.

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Agreed he looks much better as a passer. He for sure has improved his READ ability and does not focus on one target.

That is a HUGEEE improvement from Sanchez. He still has to cut down on the running around the field as a #1 option, it should only be used if he cannot find anyone to throw to "tuck and then run" time

The INT was just a good one from Woodson...He was such in command for most of the game.

6. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Where are all the people calling me an idiot for saying Geno already has elite accuracy. 80 percent today and it would have been higher if the O-Line stopped getting penalties and Decker didn't get the PI call. The dude puts the ball where it needs to be nearly every single time. The interception was a great play by a future hall of famer. I can forgive that. The fumble not so much though. Your on the 3 heading into score a TD, hold the football Geno. Overall great game from him.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Let's relax here, he doesn't have elite accuracy because he missed on some wide open throws.

Good game by Geno tho

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Also agreed...We need to see Geno do well in the % especially in rainy weather and snowy games.

He has not been amazing in those moments...

9. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Marty was masturbating on the sideline?

10. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Well he's not going to have 100% accuracy. He missed 2 throws all day today on 29 pass attempts. If he does that every game, that's elite accuracy.

Either way it's so fucking refreshing to have a QB that can hit the vast majority of his open receivers instead of the garbage Sanchez put out for years.

11. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Had 3 huge drive killing plays. He was alright but not where we need him to be yet

Br4d and legler82 like this.
  12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

The problem with that long sack is that it should have been taken earlier, he let it get WAY out of hand by trying to make something of it. he couldn't throw it away without doing so carelessly or getting an intentional grounding call since he was in the hashes.

A mistake, but not the one people are getting mad at him for.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That sack pissed me off...His worst moment of the day

14. 101GangGreen101

Just because you complete a bunch of passes doesn't make you accurate. Brees has elite accuracy and would have completed the pass to Salas, Salas more than likely with Brees doesn't have to stretch out for that ball and Brees puts it on the dime.

Geno is able to make reads and make the right throws, but idk if that means Geno has elite accuracy.

Regardless, his decision making and making the right reads is already better than Sanchez IMO.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

Very true.

Going back to college, he's struggled in those weather elements. Hopefully that improves as well.

16. TonyMaC

pretty much, at least that pick wasn't the worst decision in the world and had to be done with a great defensive play. That sack is something I don't ever want to see again.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Who knew that getting rid of WR's that suck such as Hill and Gates would help?

Great job Geno

Richiebsweet likes this.
  18. TonyMaC

how many of those are we gonna get?

and don't most QB's struggle in the rain and snow?

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

It was also one game - against the Raiders so slow down.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I want to see this performance on the road, and consistently, it means nothing to do it against inferior teams, and the raiders are inferior to the jets at this point.

The play calling is questionable especially since Geno can only work from the shotgun formation.

I did not see him under center much, if the offense wants to be less predictable he has to play from under center a little more.

Nice job by Geno today, I don't want to be too critical.

#60 Red Menace, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.