Very Happy w/ Geno's Performance

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 7, 2014.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Geno isnt the long term answer....as an Oregon fan I can only hope we can get Mariota

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

While I would personally volunteer to tell Geno he's been cut in lieu of Mariota, I don't think any sane fan could have come to this conclusion based on this performance.

FJF likes this.
  3. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

you come to that after todays game? Don't see how. He played pretty well most of the game.

Conversely, I'm not saying hes a long term answer based on today either, but this isn't a sign that he was mistake.

4. BleedGreen89

said it since he was drafted

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Honestly Geno's game was worse asthetically than in fact because the turnover wasn't really his fault. He only completed 50% of his passes though, and the first drive of the second half looked like a total gong show.

6. TonyMaC

well then, as along as you've already made up your mind long ago. Nothing more to discuss I guess.

FJF likes this.
  7. TonyMaC

yeah he was better than the numbers would suggest, not great but not awful either, kind of a product of what was going on outside of him really.

he looked ALL WORLD in the first though, I was digging his play on third down situations.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

This coaching staff has zero faith in Geno for whatever reason so its a cause of concern and people have a right to call for Vick if they believe in Vick more.

Geno should just do more 2 minute drills where he actually has freedom and can audible more. This coaching staff has no faith in the kid with the 3 straight runs late in a game, the absurd wildcat use that almost never works, and not having faith in the kid to call a timeout.

What a shame.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It wasn't his half though. The third down run was asinine but I really can't get on them for the playcalling considering Geno'd gone cold by then (something like 6-18 in the second half)

10. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I dont think that's true at all. I do believe they have faith in Geno. They ran the ball because that's a big part of our offense. The wildcat stuff is annoying and it's not like Geno was playing terrible today.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And you've been wrong ever since.

FJF likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

I think Sudfield should get a large amount of the blame for the interception as well. He just stood there waiting on the ball and watched the DB break back towards the LOS to get the ball.

Ralebird likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

I don't think it's a matter of not having confidence in Geno, but rather a matter that Rex is effing clueless when it comes to offense and how to handle QBs, and MM isn't the brilliant offensive mind that many on this site think. He's a competent, professional OC, but he makes about as many bad decisions and calls as he does good. Where were the screens today to help ease the pressure on Geno? The Packers are awful vs the run. Why weren't the Jets able to successfully run the ball against them? The wildcat is BS plain and simple.

14. BleedGreen89

Im gonna start breaking my remote if Vick keeps coming in