Utter Disgrace....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Well said.

IMHO, it starts with that mumbling douchebag Woodly Johnson. Sorry to take your great post to the gutter, lol, but I can't stand that guy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

We will see when he goes to a club that knows what there doing that everyone one but the Jets.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hard to disagree. I would be embarrassed to charge loyal season ticket holders for such crap.

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I totally get where people are coming from, especially Mezz. Rooting for this team has always been a struggle, and it's heresy to ever say you won't stick with your team come hell or high water, but everyone's got a breaking point.

This is the first time in probably 15 years that I just decided to not even turn on the game today. It's not because I'm quitting as a fan, it's just because I don't want to root for them to lose out. And in my opinion, they need to lose out. 6-10 is not enough of a failure. 4-12 is not enough. This team needs to go 1-15. This season is already a disgrace to anyone with two eyes...now it needs to be catastrophic.

It needs to be so bad that Woody is actually scared of no one writing a PSL check. So bad that every person left standing in that building is forced to take a long hard look at what a MODERN NFL franchise has to look like, not one from the late 80's. So bad that it can never be allowed to happen again. Not in New York. Not to these fans.

Nothing gets better by turning the corner now. It only gets worse for the future if these clowns get lulled back to sleep by false hope. If we never win another game this year and the hammer drops across the board on Black Monday, THEN I'll have hope again. For now, I'm done wasting my Sundays.

Chutzpah, NYJetsO12 and Poeman like this.
  5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Well said Milo!!! Thanks for your support Coach, NYJATW, Faux Machine and others! :)

Yeah...I'm not going anywhere...just "venting" at the time of the thread creation etc... Hell, there's no way I walk after 30 years of rooting for this team...my luck I'd "change" allegiances and "whammo!" they'd start winning...LOL...a VERY Jet thing to do!! :D

Blows ass...but am just going to have to sit around and suck it up like the rest of you... ;)

joe likes this.
  6. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Have you ever thought maybe the Jets coach has always been Dr. Who. He just regenerates again and again, sucking continously at his job?

Faux machine and mezzavo like this.
  7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

LOL...no, I hadn't...but it MIGHT explain a few things. LOL!

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He sure looked good playing for the Eagles this week.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Indeed. Those 2 INTS were pro.

Ben Had likes this.
  10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Our Beloved Jets: passing down "dad-to-lad" generational heartache from Hess to the current mess.

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12, IDFjet and stinkyB like this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

There is definitely way too much over reaction on the failure of this team this year, please trust me on this. Yes, I agree that something has to be done about the downward spiral that has taken place and what appears to be a lack of preparation or team 'pride' as we are witnessing each game against any opponent. But if you micro-manage all the faults and negatives , put them in a barrel and toss it over the side, it won't solve the real root of the problem that has plagued this team for quite a number of years.....and that is simply a legitimate starting caliber NFL Quarterback that not only has the ability to make the plays but be a leader , as well.

I've watched enough pro football- 6 decades worth - to know that the one key player that can make or break a team is the one taking the snaps under the center...when an offensive player touches the ball pretty much 99% of the time , it has to be the most important position. So, the Jets don't have this player at the moment. I feel confident in stating that if the Jets had a QB , the caliber that they have faced over the past 6-8 weeks, they wouldn't be 1-8.

When you commit to 4 years with one QB, (M.Sanchez) and then decide to toss in the towel and throw in another greenhorn, what the hell can you expect? I was dead set against Mark leaving only because I expected another 3-4 years of futility with another unproven QB. This is what we have now facing us and the owner, Woody, who has some tough decisions to make with the staff. Does he stay the course and entrust Idzig to continue (which means most likely to fire Rex and pick another HC) or clean house and do another on those '5 year rebuilding programs' Jets fans have been succumbing to for lord knows how many years?

If I can make it through another decade of this, the NFL should send me a plaque for being a loyal Jets Masochist...

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

so you're saying center is the most important position?
    :p

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is a good post - even if I don't agree with all of it.

I do wholeheartedly agree with you though on the importance of the QB position. Which is why it's so important to get people in the organization that know how to draft and develop the position. That has been the biggest problem in the Rex era. Rex is clueless with QBs and should be gone. Idzik doesn't know what he is doing either.

I don't think cleaning house necessarily means a 5 year rebuilding program.. provided you hire people that know the QB position.

-Look at Arizona. After 2012, as bad as things were here at the QB position, they were the one team that was actually worse off then the Jets at the position. They cleaned house and hired a QB guru in Arians (something that should've been done here at that time). Now look at them. 18-6 since.. 7-1 this year in the toughest division in football and they've had success this season with 2 QBs. Sometimes it's not so much about who you have but how much you can get out of them.

There are other examples of teams turning it around in an offseason once they cleaned house and hired people who knew the QB position. I am hoping we can be one of them next year but I am NOT confident with the guys running the ship right now.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand completely the frustration of the OP. I know those who defend Johnson will point to the two Champ games that the Jets went to, but I have the deep feeling that the Jets will not sniff an SB as long as Johnson is the owner. The two seasons the Jets went that far they were pursuing a win at all costs short term strategy that they are intentionally no longer pursuing, and in the meantime Johnson has worn down the credibility of hte franchise such that I do not see top people, whether players, coaches or FO people, wanting to come here.

Some will no doubt respond that IF Johnson gave a GM full control, someone competent might well take that offer. But until proven otherwise, Johnson will not do that. He won't remove himself from all decisions, and people outside the organization see that.

I hope I am wrong, but that's what I think. Until he either sells the team or dies, the Jets will not improve enough to succeed.

Walt White and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

We are about to find out how bad Sanchez is or how badly prepared and coached he was here.

ajax and IDFjet like this.
  16. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think we have realized we need a stud QB and the only way is to be shit this year....

Marcus Mariota can save this franchise!

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

true - But I think it was a little of both either way. I don't think he is very good but he also had terrible coaching/development here.

18. BomberJet

lol, ah yes - Mangold should be benched :D

19. BomberJet

I can see your point only because the fact that when the Jets brought in Parcels, things turned around in a big hurry. He inherited a good team, brought in with him the right people , stole a RB right from under NE's noses and put Testervade under the center of the offense.

But, if you look at the entire history of the franchise and their constant coaching staff turnstile approach, this is the exception more than the rule. Is there a HC out there that can do the same? He's most likely sitting doing color commentary on an NFL/ESPN game show channel.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

It is going to be interesting to see if he is better, and I suspect he will be, how much better he is. Talk about a death knell for Rex's head coaching career if Sanchez plays well. He will never sniff a another HC gig again.