USC at Oregon

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by James Calvin, Nov 19, 2011.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I prefer simply seeing LSU and Alabama, with Alabama winning. justifying how one of the two with one loss -- each to one another -- deserves the title over the other would be great, especially with the fact that LSU would have 1 more victory since they would have to play in the SEC title game.

I would still say LSU would deserve to be the National Champion if they lost to Alabama because they would have actually accomplished more, which would make the BCS Championship an even more ridiculous concept than it is.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That being said they could actually get an at large as unlikely as that sounds, unless TCU losses to UNLV in Ft Worth which is about as likely as me hitting a 16 team parlay card then TCU will be the conference champ. Now what is very interesting is that even with 2 losses TCU could actually qualify for a BCS Bowl Game because as of right now TCU, Boise and Houston are ahead of the BE Champ who is unranked. Should Houston stumble which right now appears to be unlikely although they only have tough games left all TCU would need to do is finish in the top 16 of the BCS standings and ahead of the BE Champ and Houston and they would qualify. Currently they are 20th I believe so it is possible that TCU could bump either Michigan, Stanford, or Oklahoma from a BCS Bowl game.

The funniest is in the Pac 12 South

USC is ineligible to play in the title game and currently they are the leaders so whoever finishes 2nd will actually play for the Pac 12 title but from the looks of it UCLA could theoretically win the Pac 12 South but find themselves ineligible for a Bowl Game by doing so.

UCLA currently leads at 5-3 but they play USC a likley loss
    Arizona St is right behind them at 4-4 and would need to beat Cal to tie for 1st
    Utah is 4-4 as well but plays Colorado a likely win

Where it gets interesting is if Arizona St or UCLA win the division and finish at 6-6 a loss in the Pac 12 title game would put them at 6-7 and ineligible for a Bowl Game. Honestly I think what happens is

Sc beats UCLA
    Cal beats ASU
    Utah beats Colorado meaning ASU goes to 4-5 and out of the division race, Utah and UCLA would actually tie and I would imagine by virtue of beating UCLA would play for the Pac 12 title.