US and Turkey suspend bilateral non-immigrant visa services

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

On an unrelated note, Brook, over 1,000 members of ISIS just voluntarily turned themselves in to the Kurds in Northern IRAQ, you know, those guys who vowed not to be taken alive and would fight to the death have just waved the white flag. Mmm, nah, no need for those virgins right now. LMAO. They're being questioned as we speak.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/world/middleeast/isis-iraq-surrender.html

TommyJ likes this.
  3. Brook!

You are correct that they surrendered. The interesting thing is that they chose to surrender to Kurdish people. Since they are all sunni Arabs one would expect them to surrender to Iraqi forces but they didn't.

What do you think about the Visa ban? Right now, Turkey declared no US citizen will be accepted into US. All US did was cancel the vosa service in Turkey. Turkey upped USA by one by blocking entry to Turkey for all US citizens.

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

So...who would that effect? Ain't like there are people lined up to go to Turkey.

...Kidding aside Brook, stay away from there.

Brook! likes this.
  5. Brook!

6. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Why go all the way to Turkey when there are plenty of goats to fuck here?

7. Brook!

I have a thing for Turkish goats though.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The bad machines don’t know they’re bad.

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It is interesting re: the surrender. This is just an assumption, but I'm thinking it might be along the lines of the Germans surrendering to the Brits and the Americans rather than to the Russians in WWII. The last three countries were "allies", but Stalin, a murderer in his own right, hated Hitler so fckn much the Germans thought it was wiser to surrender to allied forces they thought would treat them more favorably in detention. I get the Sunni part for sure, and it is a little puzzling, but that's just kind of where my assumption is going.

As to the visa thing, it's a tit for tat game of chicken IMO. Supposedly the Turkish citizen who worked in the U.S. Embassy was arrested for being in bed somehow with law enforcement when interacting with law enforcement is a part of his job. U.S. took issue that it wasn't disclosed exactly what the guy was arrested for. That's all I know about it. There's got to be some Kafka in here.