Urban Meyer Protects Wife Beater, Now on Leave

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by jetophile, Aug 1, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He's done, if he was Joe Paterno he would have roasted on the spicket already

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The dude is such a dirtbag

matt robinson 17 and FJF like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Morally bankrupt scum bag. Sold his soul for the wins. There is a trail of shit behind him that he enabled or at best ignored to further his career.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Might be a good time for him to come down with another mysterious "heart condition"

BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I’ve been traveling the last few days and have only caught snippets of this. What’s the basis of the claim against him? That his wife knew and therefore he should have been aware of the accusations? In a court of law that wouldn’t be admissible; it’s hearsay.

I’m not defending Meyer, his career or OSU means nothing to me. I’m merely interested in rational arguments. Unless his coach’s wife told him directly, I think he’d be totally justified arguing that he had no direct knowledge of the accusations.

7. FJF

Meyer isn’t charged with anything. This is a reputation issue and whether or not osu wants to keep him as face of the university. Meyers is a scumbag regardless of the outcome of this investigation. These things tend to follow him around. He won’t go to jail but osu would be totally in the right to move on from him .

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Urban Meyer is a piece of shit.

stinkyB, joe and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It absolutely is a legal issue; he has been suspended because his contact with the school requires him to report any knowledge of abuse by a school employee and they are investigating whether he knew or not.

His reputation is simply a secondary story.

10. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

11. Leicester Jet

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The best part of the unfortunate tale is the Smith lady was texting Meyers wife with all the sordid details and Meyer apparently didn't listen to Wifey...sheesh

13. Leicester Jet

Or that will be what he claims!

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, Meyer has made his statement, and in it he admits that he lied to the media when he said he didn't know about these allegations. In fact, he claims that not only did he know about them, he informed higher ups about them at the time.

That makes this all pretty cut and dried - if he didn't actually inform anyone at the time as he now claims he did he's fired, and he'll never see another dime of his money. If he did inform them he'll be reinstated and the university will chastise him for not telling the truth to the media (while actually not giving a damn about that).

That covers the legalities for him, but the ethical and moral implications of the idea that you would keep someone on your staff for three years who you knew was beating his wife will be conveniently ignored. I also wouldn't be surprised if the university ends up paying a fine, since if Meyer is telling the truth they knew about these allegations years ago and did nothing about them.

GQMartin, FJF and JetBlue like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yea. It's rotten if he knew and did nothing.

But what about other people?

Was there no one else that could have helped this woman?

Not have a father, an uncle, a younger or older brother, a cousin or a family member that could've protected her from this woman beater?

I was raised by awesome, kind, caring and loving woman. Have never and could never put my hands on one. But I'm glad my wife. She would not stand for this. Ever. Good God if I ever raised a finger she'd leave me on the spot. She learned from her mom how to walk away. All woman are different but her mom was slapped in her face by her father, just one time, and her mom left and divorced immediately. Never looked back.

I never understood how a girl can get beat on and then go back for more. A man can only do what a woman allows him to do. One time is always one too many. The 2nd time becomes a trend. Anything after that and I don't understand. LEAVE. If leaving is not possible, well then that's heartbreaking.

GQMartin likes this.
  16. jetophile

There's also the wrestling sexual abuse scandal lawsuit against OSU going on if anyone is interested.

17. FJF

Really?
    I would have thought that was something all jet fans could understand

18. jetophile

Jets fans. It was Stockholm Syndrome before Stockholm Syndrome was a thing. There just wasn't a name for it yet.

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mom awesome woman. Glad about wife. This good to hear.

Which doesn't belong and why?
    (click and drag at bottom for answer)

a. woman
    b. blowjob
    c. drum

answer: blowjob. you can beat a woman, you can beat a drum, but you can't a blowjob

FJF likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Ohio State board suspends him 3 games. Lol? Why is the school’s board presiding over this? Lol.