Unbiased Case for Saquon at 3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 28, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not crap. it's vetting a prospect. it's red flags everywhere. Like they say you need to learn from history so you don't repeat the same mistakes.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

You can find a flaw in any of these QBs and show history supporting they will suck. I personally just don't buy height and hand size being a deterrent in NFL success.

3. GasedAndConfused

darnold has small hands as well, which is why he fumbled a lot more in 2017 then he did in 2016. it makes a difference for sure.

4. Seth

Seth Active Member

It's not as if Darnold had a good line protecting him, and maybe Darnold is just not great at securing the ball, there are plenty of good QBs who simply are more prone to fumbling the ball.

Anyways, my points is that we can find flaws in anyone; Goff and Wentz got a ton of shit before the draft, and look at them now.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  5. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

How many flaws did they find in Rodgers? The guy was in tears during the draft! What do you think about him now?

Seth likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

wentz didn't have many flaws at all really. huge arm, big guy (6'5") big hands (10")

his issue was people didn't like his personality. they found him cocky and immature (like mayfield) so the niners went with the safe pick in smith (which the GM says he regrets)

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Maybe it is because Tate was the third receiver at the Seahawks when he was there, you ever think of it that way ?

Or is it just easier to blame it on the 5ft 11" Wilson (which is just your way of digging at Mr Mayfield again really)

Wilson btw threw the most TD's in the regular season in 2017, so just who was catching those bad boys ?

I'd like to see the redeemed Jimmy Graham, how many TD's in 18 to be a huge success 10 or maybe more, you see he got 10 just in this last season, the second most he has had in a season and that is off way less targets, maybe the system at NO was just set up for him, I mean 149 targets in one season for a TE, he isn't seeing that ever again at any team in all reality.

8. Seth

Seth Active Member

EVERY top QB gets criticized through this process and some fans reach the point over over-analyzing and missing out on what made the prospect great to begin with.

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

In theory he didn't have many flaws, but we over-analyzed and created many that simply weren't there. I'm arguing that Mayfield's size is not as big of an issue as some make it out to be, and I rather highlight his amazing accuracy, football IQ, underrated arm, and leadership.

10. GasedAndConfused

no he wasn't. he was their starting WR by the time wilson was there (he was drafted before wilson) he also left to be a number 2 behind megatron and then took over the 1 spot when megatron retired. he's always been a starter since wilson was in the league. also what is the excuse for jimmy graham? they gave up a 1st round pick to get him and his career nose dived leaving brees for wilson. kearse you could argue since he went from a 3rd WR to a starter with the jets.

gramham led the team in TDs with 10 (33% of the TDs) who was a huge mismatch in the red zone and is now gone. wilson also led the team in rushing with almost 600 yards. something mayfield isn't capable of doing, being a dual threat like that helps in the pass game as well. jackson is a faster bigger armed version of wilson and is a better comparison (jackson is also good QB size as well) then mayfield is to wilson. 2 completly different kinds of players and again wilson wasn't drafted in the 1st

11. GasedAndConfused

he hasn't had to use any football IQ, eh ran a simple offense, his accuracy isn't amazing, watch the tape. his is a rah rah QB, it doens't transfer well in the NFL. it would be like crediting rex for his amazing leadership. Rah Rah only works when you are winning or it falls apart. the best one's aren't like that (see brady and meyton manning) His arm is good, but nothing special.

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

I watch the tape and his accuracy is amazing to see, I totally disagree with you, and his arm is above average, but arm strength is overrated in general tbh.

13. GasedAndConfused

lok at the threads i made, very rarely are his throws "on the mark" that's they key of accuracy. his WRs are often making tough catches costing them yards on what should be hit in stride plays. that's what accuracy is. also have you seen him throw an accurate skinny post? seam? deep out? deep curl? there are basic routes missing form his film

14. Seth

Seth Active Member

Disagree, but we will leave it at agree to disagree. Who is it you want at 3 then if not Mayfield? Rosen and Allen?

15. GasedAndConfused

Rosen or darnold. I believe 1 will be there at 3 (likely rosen) if both are gone I really don't want anyone but would settle for allen i guess

16. Seth

Seth Active Member

Guessing when it's all said and done it will be down to Mayfield/Rosen for us, so you might get your wish. I'd love either or.

CotcheryFan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  17. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Forum ban isn't a good choice, it would be too easy to come back under a different name.
    I was busy, by no means would I run from a stupid argument, nor will I hide if I'm wrong. If I am I will gladly call you the master of football knowledge pertaining to being a GM in the NFL.
    So you really believe Mac will pick Mayfield or Allen over Barkley?
    I hope Mac has more mastery over being an NFL GM than you. Otherwise we should all move on to some other franchise to root for.
    By the way how old are you? Calling people bitch on a public forum over a difference in opinion is quite childish.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Try this one, do you really think he would give away 3 second round picks to take a RB and keep his job? Or any position other than QB for that matter.

Seth likes this.
  19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Obviously there were plenty, since he fell all the way to #24, while Alex Smith went #1 overall. It's not like this class where 4 QBs are going to go in the top 10.

20. GasedAndConfused

the GM who drafted smith over rodgers came out and said he thought rodgers was a better QB, but chose smith because they loved smith's personality and he was a safer pick they felt and he regrets it.