Unbiased Case for Saquon at 3

Discussion in 'Draft' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I hear what he's saying. It's a weird case for us because we traded up to 3 and not 1 or 2 which is what most teams do months in advance from the draft. With many people speculating that Macc has no idea what he's doing (he does) and Barkley being best player in the draft (and Macc not wanting to give up next years 1)paired with us resigning McCown and Teddy it's not out of the realm of possibility, but yeah. It'll be a QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not at all, the watson comparisons are more akin to the jackson one's this year

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

McCown is almost 40, and Teddy has a bum knee and may be cut before the season begins. We simply do not have a long-term QB answer on the roster right now. That is the point most people who even think there is a .1% chance we select Barkley need to understand.

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Watson and Jackson are very different QBs. Watson was a short spread QB with an average arm who won a lot of games with good teammates. Kind of like Mayfield. Whereas Jackson is a dual threat QB with a cannon for an arm who struggles with accuracy.

5. GasedAndConfused

what? both QBs are 6'3" and watson is only 4 lbs heavier. They are practically the same exact size. Also both have had criticisms at their lack of zip on the ball in intermediate routes (both threw slow at the combine) which hurt their stock. Both can throw a pretty deep ball though. the only difference between the 2 as prospects is jackson is a much better runner and faster.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Some places list Watson as 6'3" but he measured at 6'2" at the combine. Not sure why Jackson threw slow at the combine. From watching his college games scouts were in agreement that he has a big arm. IMO the biggest difference between the two is that even though Watson's completion percentage of 67% was inflated by his scheme, he's more accurate than Jackson.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

you are right they listed him at 6'2" at the combine and jackson at 6'3" but still mayfield is under 6'1" (measured at 6" 3/8ths of an inch)

I agree about the big arm for sure. he can effortlessly throw downfield, but also if you watch films you don't see a lot of zip on his passes. TO me it looks more like a mechanics issues then anything else. he doens't throw the ball "technically" correct, I think with work and proper training he can show off some zip but so far all of his throws are just like little flips of the wrist. He doens't use his lower body at all. Same goes for watson and even mayfield. When mayfield does try to use his body to fire it in there, the sails the ball high. Jackson is more of a vick like prospect or a faster watson though then he is to a mayfield. I mean he is bigger then mayfield, he can throw further, he has a very effortless deep ball, where baker really has to wind up to go deep and plus jackson is the most explosive running QB since vick.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Our gm likes 3 qb’s not 2 that’s why he made the trade. What a poster likes is irrelevant. This thread was made to argue stupid shit but I am addicted to nonsense. Maybe that’s something all jet fans have in common.

9. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

I pray Mac isn’t dumb enough to think three of these guys will be FQBs.

tbruner12 likes this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Nobody nobody knows which if any of these are gonna be special so whoever he picks I hope he’s right. Don’t care what Anyone says from Mel Kiper to every poster on this site. Only time will tell. Main thing is we r gonna pick one of the 3 left so Mac did his job for now. I almost hope he picks Allen so I can watch jet fans who don’t know shit about any of them except what they read and hear go suicidal

#370 sec314, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Pigs on the wing! They're out there!

Btw, there's no fucking way they're drafting Barkey if Chubb is still on the board and by some sort of inexplicable reason they don't take a QB. That's a fail.

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

What happened to that fuck who wanted to bet me that we were taking Barkley? He's been dodging me since I accepted. LOL

13. Ozymandias

Saquon is in the Jets building today.

Not for what you think though, he's with high school kids who are running a football program.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Oh he's meeting with Macc & Bowles?:p

15. Ozymandias

I'd imagine he did.

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You might've missed my attempt at humor.

K'OB likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

I did.

18. Seth

Seth Active Member

The Jets are going to likely meet him anyways because what team picking high does not do their due diligence with every prospect?

19. Seth

Seth Active Member

Hey retard, this is my 3rd time calling you out on this.

Let's make the wager already.

20. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Seth relax bud smoke a joint pal, I like you.

Seth likes this.