Tyrod Taylor to the Browns

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Mar 9, 2018.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good for Kizer and the pack. I think he can play and Green Bay is a good place to sit and learn.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Thrilled for Kizer. Green Bay is a great spot for him.

FJF likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

browns are picking up a good offense. gordon is back, they got landry, now taylor at QB not to mention they can get barkely 1st overall. that's some serious firepower. plus they can still take a future QB at 4th overall to sit for a few years. Browns offense is going to be legit if they can land barkely

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

So...I guess the plan now is Cousins or trade up? I don't think we can stay at 6. If the Browns decide to roll with Taylor, that puts their 1st and 4th on the trading block. We might still end up with a good QB if ONE team leapfrogs us, but two?

Fucking Browns...also, LOL if they're still drafting a QB but gave up a 3rd for Tyrod anyway.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I would be surprised if the Browns wanted to do that - they're too far away from serious contention - and I'd be surprised if Cousins wanted to do that too, for the same reason. I think Taylor is the veteran who is the placeholder for the QB they pick at #4 (after picking Barkley at #1). It seems obvious, however, that Buffalo is going to do everything they can to get up to #5 if Denver gets Cousins and #3 if they don't, or #4 if Cleveland decides they don't care about Barkley and want to recoup some of the picks they've traded (then they take their QB at #1). Either way, there could easily be 3 or even 4 QBs off the board by #6.

I thought it before, but now I'm even more convinced that the Jets will offer Cousins at least $90 million guaranteed. It's the safe way to not get embarrassed by coming out of the draft still without an answer at QB.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Agreed. He'll have at least 3 years behind Rodgers to learn, and for the Packers to find out if he's any good.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think this indicates the QB in the draft they want to take is not NFL ready (Allen / Darnold).

Pretty classy of Dorsey to move Kizer to a good organization where he may get a puncher’s chance in the future.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Which team in the top 5 would want to drop to 21 in this draft? How much more would the Bills have to offer the Broncos (who need a QB) or Colts (who need to support Luck) to get ahead of the Jets? I doubt the Browns or Giants are trading out.

9. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Pick 65 is a lot to give up for a stop gap QB. What are the chances that the Browns take Barkley and another non-QB leaving Taylor as the man in Cleveland instead of drafting one of the top QBs?

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Interesting move by Cleveland. It gives them even more flexibility with the two first round picks having a vet QB that can carry the load this year. I just don't see them trading the 4th pick. They have the enviable position to nail down both a potential FQB and FRB to supplement a young talented bunch. If they have a particular QB in mind above all, and it smells to me like Allen or Darnold, then they pull the trigger at one. If the QB selection between the top 3 is a coin toss, then Barkley goes first.
    So for Buffalo to move ahead of the Jets they must find a trade partner with Giants, Colts or Denver. It's hard to visualize the Giants trading out of the 2 spot without getting a boatload of picks which Buffalo can ill afford. Denver is in need of a QB, so unless they strike Gold with Cousins they might stay pat. Would the Colts be the one?, or, and that is just me wondering without facts, could Buffalo go after Cousins?
    Or more likely Buffalo is looking at Foles or some other QB in free agency.
    I still think the best plan for the Jets is to sign Teddy, get a QB at 6, and find out in preseason if Hack is worth keeping as the third QB or get something else. McCown in this scenario will be the QB coach which might be the best path forward.
    I think in free agency the Jets will target a QB, a CB/ nickel back and OL help. The rest and rightfully so will be done thru the draft.
    Within the next two weeks much will be revealed. This is a huge moment for Mac to either make a difference or fall to the perils of a short remaining stay.
    As for those that never seem to think the HC is part of the problem I offer the following. If we beef up the defense once again and the new selection underachieves or plays out of position as it appears to be the norm, I will say the problem is far deeper than the pick selection by MaC.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Kizer was beyond awful last season. I'm surprised he had any trade value at all.

How is it that a team that went 0-16 in 2017 is making trades left & right?

Wth is the Jets front office doing? Asleep at the wheel again?

Start trading away our no future here trash (Petty/Hackenberg) too!!!!

Burnz likes this.
  12. WarriorRB28

Good trade for Cleveland.

Tyrod will settle their QB spot immediately and they can still draft their long term QB #1 let him sit for a year or two.

I don't know what Buffalo is thinking trading Taylor away still they've been active picking up high draft picks the past couple of years.

I'm jealous watching other teams FO putting in work.

Our GM is ready to hand Cousins a blank check whoa! That's the kind of football brilliance other teams can only dream about. LOL

NOT!

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

That's a good possibility, pick up Barkley and Nelson, become a more balanced team like Buffalo was and Tyrod will not have to carry the team.

They still have 3 picks in the second round, they can grab a second tier QB or simply continue to build the oline and defense.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Red Menace

The Browns still have 2 out of the top 4 and 3 second round picks, they can afford to trade away later round picks when they have 5 picks to build their team with.

Jets are not in the same position Browns are in, and Dorsey is a much better GM than Mac, even if Mac had the same amount of picks I don't know if he would or could do a better job than Dorsey.

Im sure the Browns are going to have a great draft with John at the helm.

#34 Red Menace, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. WarriorRB28

Cleveland will still go QB at #1 I think.

I like Tyrod but in the playoff game he flat out stunk then got ko'd at the end. They're picking #1 after a 0-16 season they're in position to get the cream of the crop QB in one of the deepest QB drafts ever for them to draft a RB or any other non-QB position at #1 then settle for a second tier QB prospect later on would be the Browns thing to do.

It'll be the QB not even Cleveland can eff up this decision I think.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

Oh I know they're loaded with picks. Sashi Brown did a genius job acquiring all those draft picks for them I was referring to Cleveland 0-16 Cleveland trading away THEIR players to other teams.

Kizer was gawd awful last season yet he had trade value while the Jets have Petty/Hackenberg here losing value by the second. Cleveland traded another one of their players to New England.

The Jets cut Wilkerson hey Manish didn't like him so it's okay.

What are the Jets doing or not doing?

Handing Kirk Cousins a blank check, overpaying a bunch of other team's free agents that's our GM's master plan to fix the Jets?

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  17. Red Menace

He was bad in the playoffs, and I agree, Cleveland needs to draft a QB with the first pick, it's a no brainer.

However, what if Dorsey doesn't think that even the top 2 QBs are good enough to select with first overalll pick?

Didn't he make it known that the Browns are willing to trade out of the top spot?

It wouldn't surprise me if he went with guys who can have an immediate impact on the field, Barkley and Nelson do that for them, a rookie QB with no weapons or offensive line will not have an impact for them.

Apparently the weapons are being added though, they have added Landry, but they still need a truck load of good players to get out of the basement.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

LMAO
    John Dorsey or MM ..who would you prefer managing your team???
    The moves he has made are awesome...I don't forget the the Browns are just a tad WORSE than the Jets !

JD is brilliant and Mac is just reacting ...we need a PROACTIVE GM

As I have posted before ..and I am glad to see a couple of guys here realize the absolute need to MOVE UP from 6 to 3 (use 5 picks like Phil) ...especially if Capt Kirk flies off someplace else

Why leave your future to chance?

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I think the Landry deal was great. The others? Dorsey was taken to the woodshed on each of the others.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Imagine them drafting Barkley and Chubb? They'd be playoff contender for sure, their defense was already pretty decent. I still think the Bills are flat out dumb for getting rid of the QB that got them to their first playoff appearance in almost 20 years, and it almost lends credence to the conspiracy theory that the Bills prime purpose as an organization is to screw the Jets. All these moves they are making are for the sole purpose of drafting a QB ahead of us.