TurnontheJets: Ranking the New York Jets Roster

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoWilkNYJ, Nov 9, 2013.

1. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Thought this would be good for some bye-week discussion.

http://turnonthejets.com/2013/11/toj-stock-watch-ranking-new-york-jets-roster/

2. MoWilkNYJ

Any thoughts?

3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Whoever made that list must not be watching the games very closely. Dee Miliner at 20? The guy has been one of the worst players in football this year. Regardless of the ok game he had last week.

4. MoWilkNYJ

Yea that was my biggest surprise reading it. I kept scrolling down expecting to see his name.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He clearly says that this list is based on what he "expects" the rest of the season.

6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Tommy ranked too low. Dee ranked too high. Otherwise not bad.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think people are too down on hill. he is not a #1 rght now and with the wr corp all banged up its easy to take him out of a game. with geno trying to cut down turnovers he isn't going to force 1 in to hill with over / under coverage. i think he will be better when holmes and winslow come back and give defenses more to pay attention to

8. Falco21

Bingo.

The guy can't make much of a contribution when his thrown to numbers are as low as they are. Easy to take out Hill when you have guys like Salas on the outside. Not saying anything negative about Salas, because he looks damn good, but teams don't really fear the guy lol

After the bye, Winslow will be back, Cumberland will be healthy, Kerley will be healthy, and Holmes will hopefully be healthy. Run a twin TE set with Holmes on the outside and Kerley in the slot and suddenly Hill looks more like a threat

#8 Falco21, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  9. laxin

laxin Active Member

There's a reason why he is not being thrown the ball, and I am very confident in saying that it is not because he is constantly being double and triple covered. He just cant create separation on anything that isnt a vertical route. He just isnt smooth in and out of his cuts, and its clear that he has trouble getting separation. He also doesnt get thrown the ball much in the redzone, because he is not a good redzone threat.

I completely agree with this list as having him as a large disappointment.

10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Great idea. Davis Top 10!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. 94Abraham

The thing is, he has done nothing so far to warrant that he will be a top 20 Jet. His okay game last week where he gave up 5 catches for 60 yards should of been even worse if Toon didnt drop a 40 yard pass that he burnt Dee on. I can see Dee taking baby steps the rest of the way but definitely not a top 20.

12. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Great article, a few minor disagreements but you did a great job of backing everything up that you said.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Double TE set with no RB? That's a sheer brilliance, I tell ya.

Jesus Fucking Christ. :rofl:

2. Hill a. cannot create separation except on 9 route. b. cannot gain separation going in or out of cuts c. DROPS the fucking ball all the time. Compare that with Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford. Geno ain't looking at his direction for a reason.

14. MoWilkNYJ

Thanks but I didn't write the article.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

MoWilk...don't know where you got the list but it was written by someone who KNOWS the team, WATCHES the games, and at least has an opinion on what the next 7 games may hold for each player.

And to that, I loved reading it! Thanks for posting.When reading #1 Wilkerson a thought crossed my mind. Rex has transformed his D from having the NFL best DB to having the NFL best D-Lineman. Opposite ends of the field that can't be any different in what they bring to the team.

So here's my though (don't let it derail your excellent thread): Say Rex still had Revis playing at the height of his career, the undisputed top lock down corner in the entire NFL, but Idzik tells Rex he has to decided who to keep and who to cut...Darelle Revis or Mohamad Wilkerson as both players will be demanding $16M/yr and we can only keep
    one.

Who would Rex keep?

Who would you keep?

16. 94Abraham

Regarding Salas, he took a WR screen pass 40 yards with excellent blocking. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much based off of one play. However with Hill, he is rarely even double covered. He just isn't getting the ball thrown his way much. I watched him closely in the Saints game and Geno almost never even looked his way. I would expect he would get a lot of chances against the Bills coming up. It won't be as easy this time as last game with Buffalos top 2 corners back in action.

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

is that even a question?? Wilkerson all day. come on dude.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No contest. Top 3 3-4 DE >>>> Top CB.

Mo Wilk - and twice on Sundays.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Looking at how nicely our young DL has developed, a lot of credit should be given to DL Coach Karl Dunbar, who did great work in Minnesota previously. In terms of technique, he's the guy preaching to them on a daily basis, he's done an outstanding job. Wilkerson, Harrison, Richardson and Coples are probably our 4 most talented players this year. Dunbar has done great work with them.

20. Falco21

what do running backs do? Are they offensive players?

Lmfao I wasn't aware that I had to list every fuckin offensive player to get my point across haha

I didn't literally mean all on the field together. I meant with more weapons and formations he can be utilized more

#20 Falco21, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2013