Turn on the Jets 7-Round Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing about Coleman is that I don't think he's a starting caliber RB. McGuire isn't either. I'm not sure if Yeldon is. I think Mark Ingram could be. If we have to sign Bell, I can live with it, but would rather not.

I'm not really a fan of the OTs listed, either, but imo we have to upgrade the LT position to protect Sam. If we can't do it in FA, then we'll almost be forced to do it in the draft. Waiting yet another year would be very risky. Also, with Ijalana likely gone, there's no depth for Beacham. I definitely would like to sign Morse and Cann, but would be surprised if Morse leaves KC unless they have cap issues or he just wants a huge pay day. How about Matt Paradis of the Broncos? Do you like him at all?

I think James could be a good signing. Definitely forget Tomlinson. I expect that they'll give Leggett one more year, unless he stays injured in TC or dogs it and then hopefully the new HC would kick his ass to the curb.

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Oh definitely . As of now LT should be the route they take in the first round. As far as Paradis goes I was thinking Denver would either resign or tag him . You’re right Morse may not be available either ....

If I were GM my plan ( aside from resigning a Enunwa, Myers, and tendering Anderson ) would be to add a RB in FA - I’d shoot for Bell but probably wind up with one of the lesser but decent RBs. I would add a guard ( assuming no centers ) We can’t forget a veteran back up QB and maybe a veteran WR for now. On defense I would go for a pass rusher - not sure which ones because I know some of them will be tagged . If I could sign Fowler then I would want another one because I don’t view Fowler as a three down player . I would also attempt to replace Claiborne .....if FA fell in a direction like that or similar .... I would go LT in round one, and look for a center, an offensive playmaker or two, and DL depth in the later rounds ....

A plan like that would satisfy most of the Jets needs for now. In 2020 they can see about a # 1 WR.....

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

Other than bell I dont see a FA back that I would be interested in and i think bell will end up in indy. An outside the box idea might be jordan howard via trade seen a couple articles that the bears may look to trade him this offseason. I would send our 4th rounder or possibly our third depending how free agency goes.

As far as LT what do you think of Trenton Brown ? I dont know much about him other than hes played well for the pats this year.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I read that the Bears might want to trade Howard due to his not being a good fit in Nagy's offensive scheme. We don't know if he'd be a fit for our scheme. In general, I'm against trading for a player when we can sign one in FA or draft one. Any RB we sign in FA would not be a long-term answer, but rather only a 1-2 year stop gap. The 2020 draft class is supposed to be a very good draft for RBs. By then we could have a number of our holes filled, the OL fixed and Darnold could be ready to rock and roll. Since RB is the easiest position for a rookie to come in, start and play well, I want to add our RB of the future in that draft. Howard would be 26 by that point. He might be pretty good, but I'd rather not trade for Howard. I'd rather sign someone short term and either take someone next year or wait for 2020.

I don't know anything about Trenton Brown other than he is scheduled to be a FA and plays for the Pats, but why would he want to leave the Pats and come to the Jets? I googled him. He was a 7th round draft pick of the Niners in 2015. He's 6'8" 380 pounds, but supposedly moves very well and is athletic. He started the last 4 games of his rookie season and all 16 the following season. He was traded to the Pats during the draft day this spring. According to wikipedia, he's a RT, although Spotrac lists him as a LT. Vonn Miller spoke very highly about him on two different occasions. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the question about him.

#44 NCJetsfan, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

That's a fair point about LTs. As for Little, he physically looks the part but he's also still a project in need of technique refinement (hands) - NFL starter material in 2019? Jonah Williams: wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills reunite Williams with Bills OC Brian Duboll.

Other OTs: would consider Yodny Cajuste but for the knee (ACL) concerns. Would like Jawaan Taylor; he's a dancing bear whom I'd take over teammate Martez Ivey. As for Herbert: Oregon HC has an agreement with his star players to hush-hush about their NFL plans until after the season. Herbert may want to play with his brother who's coming to Eugene next fall but #1 rated QBs in a draft are likely go pro (Matt Barkley being an exception).

#45 joe, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Noam likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If the Cardinals don't take Jonah Williams, more than likely he will be a Jet. I also have my Greg Little concerns, he's ISN'T (edit) the surest thing out there this draft. Jets will really need to do their HWK on the OT, cause this pass-rushing class is really good.

#46 101GangGreen101, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    joe likes this.
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd absolutely be interested in Brown.
    Thought it was the best move the Pats made this offseason, and it flew under the radar.

I was really keying on him against Pitt yesterday.
    His size stands out in an obvious way, ie he makes the other Olineman look small.

While he does have athleticism for a guy that size, I do wonder if RT might be the better position for him, or maybe even LG.
    Either way I'm interested..
    We need lineman and I hope we are done with this zone blocking bullshit that Bates was pushing. Get big men like Brown and block man up.

8. Cody Hummel

Cody Hummel Active Member

I agree with you about the RB situation other than if the bears are asking a 4th for howard I would do it. Hes better than any runningbacks I see going in the fourth. Hes still young. First two seasons hes went over 1k and almost to 1k in a limited role this season.

As far as brown thanks for the info. I guess Isiah Wynn will dictate how the pats handle brown. They drafted him as a LT but a lot of scouting reports said he was a better fit inside. If they think Wynn will develop into a solid LT there's no reason for them to overpay brown. So I think there's a decent chance brown hits the market.

I'm not a fan of greg little. I like jonah William's but I dont think he is a cant miss left tackle. Would love to see the jets address left tackle via free agency with someone like brown and free up that first rounder to either trade back (although we probably wont be in position) or take the best edge rusher avaliable whomever that may be. My preference is allen.