Tuesday's Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by playtowinthegame, Oct 30, 2016.

?

Who's going to be traded?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2016.
  1. Sheldon Richardson

23 vote(s)
    23.0%
  2. Brandon Marshall

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Both Sheldon + Brandon

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Nobody will be traded

71 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I vote Sheldon will be traded.

wewantsapp and june19 like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No balls, no trades.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets shouldn't have a sense of security beating the worst team in the league.

They should trade Sheldon to the highest bidder.

Marshall is still valuable with developing the young receivers and also the QBs who will be seeing the field for the first time in the NFL.

kevda5n9ne and playtowinthegame like this.
  4. playtowinthegame

I think Maccagnan will do the right thing. 2nd round pick or bust. Lol

5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

We'll trade Sheldon and Marshall for a couple high picks then we'll draft a bust with them.

kevda5n9ne and TNJet like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Voted Sheldon and Brandon.

Then I realized the poll was who WILL be traded, not who SHOULD be traded. So no one because they refuse to admit we should actually rebuild.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Although Marshall should be traded to a contender, Fitz needs his security blanket until we bench his ass.

Without Marshall, Fitz is lost.

Sheldon may be traded since we are now obligated to pay Mo.

Given the lack of talent on this defense we would be wise to keel Sheldon unless we get something really special in return.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Why can't we trade Sheldon this offseason?

If we lost today I would say trade everyone but I think there's a good chance we can make a small run before the bye

I would still bench Fitz as I believe Petty can't be much worse but I'm still kinda in win now

Obviously If some team blows us away with an offer before Tuesday then fine I would pull the trigger

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

There's so many reasons why the Jets should not take anything lower than a first for him.

NYJETS4life24 likes this.
  10. playtowinthegame

I would take a 2nd rd pick and drop the pedal to the metal pulling away.

TNJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we may get more for him now than during the off season. Last year we supposedly didn't get great offers for Mo because there were excellent DL in the draft. I'm sure there will be again this year. A potential playoff team that has a weakness on the DL or has lost one of their DL to IR might be desperate or willing to pay a higher price to increase their chances now.

I wish we'd trade both Marshall and Sheldon and commit to a youth movement. We need more draft picks and cap space. Getting rid of both of them would give us around $15 million cap space next season and more draft picks to address holes/needs. I voted that Sheldon would get traded, because I don't think they'll trade Marshall, but I think probably no one will get traded.

12. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I would deal Mo first or try too, then Sheldon if no bites.

Sheldon is better and cheaper.

13. King Koopa

Always smart to field offers and if someone blows you away then go for it, but i like both players for next season if no one offers anything great

I still think we're a pretty solid team if we somehow ended up with a solid QB next season (Either by Petty or Hack panning out or trade/draft)

I don't think we need to go full rebuild....A mini rebuild and landing a good QB we would be in business

BomberJet and Red Menace like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

What are they? The guy is a bit delusional thinking he's good at OLB and is focused on money. The Jets can't afford to pay Mo, Sheldon and Williams, nor should they. That would be way too large a percentage of the cap tied up on one unit. Trying to play all three at once has led Bowles to idiotic things like trying to run the 4-3 more and playing Sheldon at OLB.

Trading him would open up over $8 million in cap space next season I think. That would get them back under the cap and give them close to enough to sign their draft picks. With the extra draft pick, they can address another hole/position of need on the team. They have two young DL on IR (Lawrence Thomas and Julien Obioha) who they're high on and who looked good in TC this year.

15. NCJetsfan

Phuck Phitz. He should have already been benched. Bench his ass and trade Marshall.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

He may be better, but won't be cheaper for long. He's salivating over getting more money for playing LB. We need to get rid of him.

17. NCJetsfan

Maybe solid enough to go 8-8 or 9-7, but no more imo. No thanks. I'm not a fan of mediocrity. I'd rather suck for a year or two, rebuild the roster through the draft during that season or two, then the third year, watch out!

18. King Koopa

That's fine with me but we will probably go like 7-9 or 8-8 with Fitz at the helm this year with a pretty tough schedule (if he continues to play which I hope doesn't happen)

I think people underestimate what a good QB could do here...easier said then done to find one though

I get what you're saying and I don't mind trading anyone for the right price but I wouldn't just give good players away for salary relief

Red Menace likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't trade them for just salary relief, even though the Jets are over the cap for next year. There are other ways to get cap relief. IMO the cap relief is just another reason to do it. IMO the major reason for trading them would be to get additional draft picks to try to address holes at other positions.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am with you on that one but if the front office insists on starting Fitz he is not going to get anything done without Marshall. How many times has he forced the ball to Marshall when he is double / triple covered?