Trying to figure out where we pick if we and SF both lose wk 17

Discussion in 'Draft' started by IDFjet, Dec 25, 2018.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Yes that would be a boon for the Jets if that happens.....they are in a tough spot this year. They will probably not get the #1 more like the # 3 but what do they do and who do they take ? There is not much difference between the # 2 and the # 10 this year.......

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s an interesting draft in that there doesn’t seem to be a QB needy team until the Bucs at 6 but I doubt they would both give up on Winston and trade up, but would take his replacement if he fell to them. That would leave the Giants at 8 believing they have to leapfrog the Bucs to get their QB, and the Jaguars the same to get ahead of both of them. After that it’s Miami who could feel the pressure to get a QB with the Jets and Bills looking set at the position and the Pats about to fall off a cliff.

The Dark Knight and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. mrjet80

There are already whispers that the Giants have come to the conclusion that Eli's successor is not in this upcoming draft.....I really hope one of these QBs shoots up this spring but not very likely.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Worse case for Giants they have Kyle Laletta straight out of reform school

Ahahahah

mrjet80 likes this.
  5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

For once the Jets seem to have been fortunate to be a QB desperate team last year rather than this year.

HomeoftheJets, FJF and mrjet80 like this.
  6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Bosa or trade it for a kings ransom

Sam Hammer likes this.
  7. mrjet80

This is true. I haven't really thought about it but at least they have that going for them.

8. mrjet80

Yes to Bosa. I just can't this being a kings ransom year........

9. mrjet80

I've commented that there is not much difference in the quality of the players on the draft board after Bosa. However another thing to consider is how the difference between owning the #1 pick and say the # 3 pick will alter the Jets plans for FA.....at #1 the Jets would have to take Bosa if they cannot trade down. You would think anyway. Perhaps they don't direct their resources towards that area in FA .......or do they also add a FA EDGE guy ? Hmmmmm

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The only way it is if we get number one or somehow Bosa is there.The Jet would then have to decide do they take the great prospect or a bunch of lesser ones. I would not want to be betting my job on that decision.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be much help for the OL, especially LT and C in FA, but there might well be some great pass rushers, so my hope is that they get their pass rusher(s) in FA and then look to get a LT and C in the draft. In that scenario, maybe they can gamble and trade down a little and still fill those spots while picking up some quality picks.

They've spent a "king's ransom" on the defense for years, so even looking to take Bosa if they should be in that position, makes me conflicted. There is no guarantee that Bosa becomes as good as the hype, and then what? We again miss out on improving the OL and the offense. In a way, I'd almost like them to have the 2 or 3 pick and have Bosa taken before they can pick.

12. mrjet80

That’s an interesting point of view .....I can agree with way of thinking also .

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

This is how dynasty type situations occur.

We’d have our QB to build the offense around and our EDGE to close games defensively.

Man if we get Bosa I might not know what to do.

14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I want Elite talents right now.

Quality>Quantity

FJF likes this.
  15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Thank you, Todd Bowles!

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Drafting more Defense??? I am getting earplugs ....

You all "want to build the Offense around Sam" but that doesn't happen drafting a Bosa..sorry

The Steelers and all the other perrinial contending teams know the value of building a quality Offensive Line to protect your QB and free up your RB

Trade down and avoid the sexy pick would be the smart thing to do...ya hear that Macburger??

17. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The Jets will go into the final weekend in the No. 3 draft position, with a 2.5-percent chance of rising to No. 1, per ESPN analytics. They moved up a spot on Monday night, thanks to the Raiders' win. The Jets (4-11) are in a virtual tie with the 49ers (4-11), but the 49ers are No. 2 because their strength of schedule is fractionally weaker than that of the Jets. The Jets could leapfrog them if both teams finish 4-12. To jump to No. 1, the Jets would need a Cards (3-12) win over the Seahawks and (probably) a 49ers win over the Rams. And, of course, the Jets would need to lose to the Patriots

18. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

There is a possibility we might move up to #2

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Is there any speculation that Bosa could fall a bit given his injury situation ? I remember the Jets passing on Anthony Munoz because of his knee....uggh.

20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I spoke to Rich Cimini last week.....if no Bosa, he likes the DT and OT from Alabama. He thinks they're legit, I wondered if the strength of the team makes players look better than they really are (i.e., Dee Milner). He says they are both legit.