Trevor Davis (Green Bay) Arrested For Stupidly Answering An Explosives Question 'Wrong' at Airport

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, Apr 10, 2018.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It is a well known fact airline security people are born without a sense of humor.

All I can think of here is if you ask a dumb question you should expect a dumb answer. It is simply the nature of human beings and particularly 25 year old human beings to say stupid things. That is what they do. Ask enough of them questions like this and you will get similar answers. Arresting people over a bad joke is wrong on many levels. I never liked TSA people and this makes me dislike them even more. Maybe Davis should and could have answered the question better but in his defense he earns a living by getting hit in the head.

#2 Noam, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^All true, airport security are notoriously rude. HOLY, the last time I went to Italy, I practically got harassed at JFK after something kept going off every time I went through the thingy. Turned out that I had an old dime in my back pocket, and for some reason, it kept setting off the sensor. Got practically ass-grabbed. However, in this day and age, as much as the TSA sucks, you don't fool around like that. Maybe Davis should and could have answered the question better? What? He's 25, you can't cite youth here as a defense. This is almost akin to what people did when I was in Jr. HS, call in bomb threats from a pay phone, and the school would evacuate everyone. That was 40 years ago. We all got a huge kick out of it, it happened repeatedly, and no-one ever got caught. It was hilarious then. That type of thing is not so hilarious now.

"Did you pack the explosives?" GF tried to tell him to stop it and shut up. You're going to get in trouble. Big trouble. Do I think the arrest was justified? Eh; but bombs on planes are real and he dug his own grave on it. I would never in my life say I had explosives in jest while about to board a plane. I stand by my position: what an idiot.

#3 jetophile, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Joking is no longer allowed in today's world. We all know this. He should have learned from Aldon Smith when he moronically started yelling bomb threats in the airport. TSA don't mess around. Arresting somebody for joking might be over the top, but it was still stupid to joke about something like that in the first place.

I've joked with police like that before when pulled over. They asked if I have anything they should know about, and I said, "Well aside from the nuke in my trunk, no". The officer laughed and then let me go. Today that probably means an arrest for terrorist threats.