Training Camp | Day 11 | Twitter Updates

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Aug 11, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

This one will be short for obvious reasons. Practice is already underway, I'll try to post some of the more important stuff.

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2-for-4 in his first team periods action with starting offense here today.

2. DaBallhawk

Brady has arrived. :D
    Small steps.

Petty, who's now getting reps with the second unit, with a real nice pass on deep in to Shaq Evans.

ajax likes this.
  3. DaBallhawk

Zac Stacy with a real pretty move to break into the open field. Nice stutter step.

4. DaBallhawk

Calvin Pryor just hurt his left hand breaking up a pass. Trainer and Mike Maccagnan now talking to him.

5. DaBallhawk

1at snap of Red Zone team. Pryor with a PD on a Fitzpatrick pass that was headed to end zone. Harris stops RB screen to Ivory.

Fitzpatrick touchdown. Finds Jeff Cumberland over the middle for score

Fitzy TD pass to Cumberland. Short TD. Mauldin might have had a sack on previous play.

6. DaBallhawk

Reilly with a would-be sack on Heaps. Heaps seeing a lot more work, obviously

7. DaBallhawk

Fitzpatrick with a few off throws looking for Decker in the end zone during 7-on-7

Bryce Petty picked in end zone by Buster Skrine in 7-on-7 drill.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

$5 says someone else has a bizarre injury by the end of the day.

9. DaBallhawk

Cro and Marcus Williams with back-to-back PDs in 7-on-7 Red Zone work. Pryor, who had that PD in team, now on sideline without jersey.

10. DaBallhawk

Maybe we'll have another one.

Pryor took off his jersey, done for the day. Hope to get update after practice.

11. DaBallhawk

Calvin Pryor just has his left pinky finger wrapped up with tape. So it doesn't appear to be a major injury for Pryor.

POD. Marshall hell of a reception out here-high-pointing a rope from Fitzy. Revis had perfect coverage.

12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

He apparently just has tape on his left pinky, so it's not sounding major. Even if it's worst case scenario - dislocated or broken pinky - it's still not major.

13. DaBallhawk

Skrine is killing it out there in camp.

Ryan Fitzpatrick nearly picked off by Buster Skrine on pass for Eric Decker.

Skrine nearly intercepts another one. Undercuts a pass from Fitz, but dropped it

14. DaBallhawk

McDougle would-be sack of Petty.

I expect #Jets to be fairly cautious with Fitzpatrick in pre-season, should see a ton of Petty, Heaps and whatever veteran they sign

15. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I no Fitz hasn't been working with the 1s much but jeez he is practicing like shit

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I'm sure Fitz needs reps with the 1s to get on the same page. Sounds like he's off.

17. DaBallhawk

This was from before practice if anybody's interested. Bowles will do his usual presser after practice with a lot more insights I'd imagine. With Geno out and IK gone I'm not sure when we'll get the full story since he won't cough it up.

Opening statement…
    This is very brief because I have practice, but our quarterback is out six to 10 weeks, meaning Geno (Smith). There was an altercation in the locker room. It had nothing to do with football. It was something very childish. He got coldcocked, sucker punched, whatever you want to call it, in the jaw. He has a broken jaw, fractured jaw, it requires some surgery. He won’t be at practice today, so you won’t see him today. The culprit was IK (Ikemefuna Enemkpali), the outside linebacker, who has been released. We released IK and that’s pretty much the gist of it. I have meetings and if you want to know more after practice, I can tell you more, but he (Geno Smith) will be out six to ten weeks at least and IK is gone and he won’t be practicing today. (Smith) won’t be playing this weekend, he probably won’t play in the preseason and depending on how surgery goes, we’ll see where we go from there. We may add or not add another quarterback, but we are down (a player at the quarterback position). It’s something we’re dealing with. The team knows it’s something we don’t tolerate, something we can’t stand. You don’t walk up to another man and punch him in the face.”

On when the incident happened…
    It happened this morning.

On coach’s bewilderment level on this…
    It’s something you don’t tolerate. You can’t tolerate that. If you have a team and you have a bunch of side issues, you can’t tolerate that and this is something that happens in the locker room. We’re dealing with it internally and that’s where we’re at right now.

On what caused IK to punch Geno Smith…
    I’ll let them tell you. It’s something very childish, something that sixth graders could have talked about. It had no reason happening and if they want to tell you what happened, they can tell you what happened, but I told them I wouldn’t say anything about it, so I’ll keep it there. I can talk to you guys after practice because I have meetings and then practice.

On whether there was a prior issue between the two players…
    Not to my knowledge. Obviously, it was a sudden thing. I don’t know what kind of history they have, but I’ll get more details and I’ll let you know after practice. You can ask their people what happened, but he (Smith) is down and he won’t be playing this weekend.

18. DaBallhawk

Stacy with a stiff arm that brings Reilly to the ground. Powerful punch

Wow, Richardson with quite the burst up the middle on a run that caused most on the offensive side to hoot and holler. He flew up the field

19. DaBallhawk

No surprise, but Jaiquawn Jarrett is getting the first-team safety reps now that Calvin Pryor is sidelined.

Jarrett, working in with 1s due to Pryor's injury, with a would-be sack on Fitz. Rontez getting some work, too

20. DaBallhawk

Evans just dropped a deep, should-be TD down left sideline. Had it go right through his hands. Beat Cro.