Trading Richardson will be a SOJ mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by forevercursed, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I also think it's funny that they're swapping 7th round picks before the season starts. Usually swaps in the same round don't happen until after the picks are already decided so it's strange to see that the Jets and Seahawks are both acknowledging that the Seahawks will be better.

Obviously it's the case, but I can't remember seeing it before.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Kearse had a problem with drops his rookie year, dropped 3 out of 7 passes but since then he has only dropped 7 of 264 passes thrown to him.
    Just to be clear, that counts all passes thrown to him including overthrows, etc. and not sure who determined whether it was a drop or bad pass but sportingcharts.com is usually pretty good.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Anybody know where da hoes at down in Seattle? :)

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair getting a 2nd rounder was probably a good deal in itself all things considered. kearse is a bonus thrown in and with our weak WR group he'll be able to contribute right away for us. he may not be starter material (he isn't i know that) but can provide good depth and be a number 3 WR who can make some plays. he is sure as shit better then a few we have plus brings experience and comes from a winning team and has a ring IIRC

5. GasedAndConfused

honestly swapping picks in the 7th doesn't mean much and plus I'm sure everyone knows the seahawks will be better then us, unless half their starters go on IR week 1

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Good website, I'll need to look at that link more but does it go into account where the receiver has a chance to catch the ball but comes off the reicevers hands?

The reason I ask is because one of the games I saw Kearse play in was the 4 interception game against the Packers. He had a catch to do the game but had 3 potential catches that went off his hands for an interception.

7. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even waste time worrying about Kearse..he's a 40 catch guy who's a body for the next year.

8. The Waterboy

I was trying to find video of that game, if it is the 2015 NFC Championship game you are talking about, but nfl.com video wasn't working for me. Wanted to look again and see what the interceptions looked like.

I do think the site tries to determine whether the receiver really had a chance for the ball or not so really subjective rating of drops.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

lol, true, but instantly our #1 WR..

Jets69 and FJF like this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

if that's locked in, I'm pretty happy.

Will be at the very end of the 2nd round, but that was as good as we were going to get.
    Hard to argue with this trade. We got a decent pick, freed up some cap, and added a needed option at WR.
    And with addition of Ealy, we had a surplus of quality DL's, so maybe L Thomas or Pennel will make the squad now.

On the flip side, Peake should be nervous.
    He did very little with his preseason opportunities, although he does contribute on specials.

11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

2nd round was a good deal i liked the move mac is a patient man i give him that

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

40 catch guy = team leader in receptions for nyj

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That was such a great game too.

Found something in .gifs ... check the 2nd page .... I'd say there's a few he was responsible for, but he did redeem himself that same game.

http://nflbreakdowns.com/russell-wilsons-12-interceptions-2014/

What do you think?

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the two teams were more equal, then it would be surprising, but I don't think it's so surprising. The Seahawks could wind up in the SB. The only place the Jets season is going is in the toilet bowles. The Jets are rebuilding after all and at this point their OL sucks and they don't know if they have a reliable QB.

15. GasedAndConfused

even with being suspended 2 games, I wouldn't be surprised at all if ASJ led the team in receptions

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. The Waterboy

The 1st one was off his fingertips so that one could go either way, it touches his hands he should have it but it was just barely on his fingertips.
    2nd and 3rd were both good plays by the DB, maybe one in end zone Kearse could have come back to the ball but hard to say with his momentum. Both of those I put on Wilson or good play by DB.
    4th was absolutely his fault.

Too bad there isn't anything like this for all 60+ passes to Kearse that season to look at.

Edit: Let me also say, I have an appointment to get new glasses next week so not seeing everything that clearly at this time, even with a 22 inch monitor.

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The Klondike......
    Don't ask how I know. Lmao

BacktoQueens and Walt White like this.
  18. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

I guess I have to take the 2nd rounder and Jermaine Kearse.

19. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The Broncos cut TJ Ward and get nothing...we trade Sheldon for a 2nd and people bitch.

20. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Again, anyone who thinks Mac is capable of rebuilding a team is delusional. But it's cool, keep guzzling than fanboy kool-aid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk