Trading Richardson Was a Great Decision

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

In other news another Idzik pick off the team...His only first round pick that looked like a lock.

Royal Tee likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Nonsense. Richardson was not going to be here next year; getting a second for him is a steal.

Richardson had zero long term value to us. Even if that second round pick's value is a 2 out of 10 it's still greater than Richardson's value of 0.

You could whine about the Jets ineptness that leads to us having to trade a once promising player but that's irrelevant to whether this is a good trade.

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Essentially the Jets are choosing Leo over Sheldon with this move. They were never going to pay all 3 on the Dline, so it makes sense. Mo already got paid, now they are going with the character guy over the immature locker room distraction guy who is one violation away from a year long suspension. It was a good choice, both short term and long term. Sheldon was walking after this year anyways.

JetBlue likes this.
  4. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Just retired. I did several things including reviewing pro football contracts for 2 players. No, I am not an expert and the 2 guys never made it big. One guy 2 years in canadian football league and 1 guy who signed with the Rams and wrecked his knee in training camp.

I recall you writing that you were 62 to someone else. still working?

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Extending Wilkerson for that kind of money was his second bad decision only topped by the asinine contract he gave Revis and that we are still paying for..but I understand why you guys love him so much, he keeps the Jets as inept as they have been for the last 40 years or so.

tomdeb likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, only part time. I need to be working full time, but there are no full time jobs in my area here in the area. I need to stay put where I am because my 95 year-old father needs me to take him to the doctor, go to the grocery store, drugstore, and dry cleaners for him.

tomdeb likes this.
  7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

:(
    What does 10 years of second round selections have to with who we pick in 2018? How many second rounders mac pick. What about this years pick. Give me a break with this soj crap. He was gone after this year and we are gonna suck with him or without him. Wha wha wha :(:(:(

CONN-JET.2.0.3., SOJAZ, K'OB and 3 others like this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

In case you haven't been watching Mac's drafting skills are on par with every other shit Jets GM we have recently had.

Jets69 likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

I'd think it was a good trade if I had faith in our front office

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Again, that's irrelevant. The trade is either good or not on its own merit regardless of who made it. Nobody is arguing that this trade somehow makes Mac a good GM.

K'OB likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lee will do just fine. He is growing leap and bounds. As for Hack, he was a prospect with enormous potential drafted entirely too hi. Shame on Mack for over drafting, but even with that sad move he is light years ahead of the cluster fuck drafting of Vernon Gholston, or Richard Pryor, or Coples, or anything Idzik.

BacktoQueens, NCJetsfan and SOJAZ like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we need to thank our lucky stars that NE waived Ealy. If not, we might still have Richardson here. I think getting Ealy, enabled Mac to go ahead and pull the trigger on trading Richardson.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

oh hell yeah, Mac is waaaayyyy better than anything Idzik.
    But Idzik was all-time tragically terrible, so that's a bar set damn low.

In terms of Lee growing leaps and bounds, what makes you say that?
    I see a guy who has a LOT of improving to do to justify a 1st round pick, and I don't think he'll ever get to that point.
    The off season temper with a female was concerning as well.
    Both Lee and Hack were over drafted, and were poor draft value imo.
    But like I said, the mid round picks and UDFA's had good value, so my intent was not Mac bashing at all.

Red Menace and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. Stu

Stu New Member

Congrats on getting Jermaine Kearse. I've followed him since he was a Washington Husky. Class act and clutch receiver. Hope the Jets fans make him feel welcome. Good luck this year.

BacktoQueens and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Good bye Sheldon, . drive safe.

[​IMG]

CONN-JET.2.0.3., CBG and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Who says he's going to be making the pick. What does this have to do with tbe trade?

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

weed is legal in seattle....richardson will be in his glory. (for about 3 weeks until he fails his drug test and sits the season)

regan62072 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I would have preferred keeping Sheldon and Snacks over Mo but at this point the trade made a lot of sense.

Sheldon will be missed.

19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Richardson was a beast when played properly, but he had a lot of baggage. I'm just glad Macc got a good return on him. At points, I couldn't see anyone giving us more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. Dealing him after that monster ps game vs the giants is probably what made the Seahawks get the deal done. 2nd round pick and Kearse and swapping 7th round picks is a win for a team that is gearing up for a drastic overhaul in 2018.

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Disgusting.