Trade Santana

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by 17a_tailgater, Jul 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the new york mets should entertain trade offers for johan santana.see whats out there. he is not exactly young and has a lengthy contract.if we need to rebuild ourselves we should see what we can get for our most expensive piece.

know dont get me wrong he is an ace and hard to replace , but with his attitude of late and the condition of this team it is still a business and you dont trade johan for mark derosa and some minor leaguers.

maybe even get a feel for the market for every player we have.d wright carlos beltran get to see the market.price is wright grab it. if not we wait like we are for our stars to return.

2. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Yeah, it's either that or the Mets could act at least semi-rationally.

We don't need to rebuild quite yet, you sound like a Yankee fan or something. If we finish the season 10 games out, fine, we can talk about blowing this up (even then I would consider this a horrible idea--we need at least one starter, don't we?). But there's absolutely no point in discussing this right now. The Mets can only screw themselves.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That is the worst idea that I have ever heard

4. 17a_tailgater

believe me i dont want him gone but hey what is he worth?

5. 17a_tailgater

ha ha sucks for you its hypothetical.asking for opinions,entertain me

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He is untradeable as he is the only guy with balls on this team

7. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Gee, and I was thinking we should offer the farm for holiday. He is availible, but pricy. Could you imagine those two together. Thats is just me thinking that pitching wins and great pitching wins more!

I think this team has lost it's way. Manual is horrible and talks out of both sides of his mouth. Omar has not done anything in the draft and resigning Ollie Perez was the worst move we could have done this past offseason. We knew what he was like and still signed him, thats pretty bad.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Reyes, Wright and Santana should be untouchable with everyone else on the team uop for sale to the highest bidder. Only problem with this is that leaves exactly zero players that would garner any interest throughout the league. Mets are on the verge of becoming the Knicks of MLB.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

trading one player, even if he is arguably our best, hardly equates to blowing the team up.

if the Mets could get a handfull of A prospects I'd say absolutely do it. with the current state of this team, having one great pitcher isn't going to help at all, and isn't helping. what good is Santana if we lose 3-2 when he starts?

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

He belongs back in the NL anyway where he can get a chance to bat, the guy had 36 homers 2 years ago! Seems like he's being wasted in the AL on the A's.

11. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Trading Santana would be insane and stupid, and trading for Halladay would be just as insane and stupid.

12. Penning10toColes

If you're going to trade Santana, you're not trying to win though. I'm going to assume it's the beginning of blowing the team up. Otherwise, what are you doing?

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Why? Halladay would be dominant in your hilarious pitchers park.

He's not a power pitcher, you probably have 4-5 good years of service.

14. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

Id rather trade Wright ... or Reyes rather than Santana.

Both Wright and Reyes are over-rated

15. 3rdAnd15Draw

How are HR supression and a huge outfield going to make a huge difference to a guy that doesn't give up HRs anyway and gets most of his outs on the ground?

16. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

The Mets are going to need Martinez, they'll need Flores, they'll Holt and whatever arms are in the system. They are not one pitcher away from being a championship calibre team. MAYBE if the team was healthy and leading the division right now, they would be. But they can't afford to completely drain the farm system again.

Minaya desperately needs to go and be replaced with somebody who has a semblance of foresight.

17. Penning10toColes

Looking at it from that angle, Halliday would probably result in getting Omar out of here. And our 1/2 would be pretty awesome.

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

How many times has Omar proven that he should be out of here already? It's obvious that ownership doesn't care about winning and have pretty much given him free reign. As long as he doesn't pull some Willie Randolph like faux pas to embarass the team they won't get rid of him.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Is this supposed to be some sort of response to the comments about the way HRs are flying out of Yankee Stadium? Because if it is, it fails. Citi Field is the fifth most pitcher-friendly park in the majors, and Yankee Stadium is the sixth most hitter-friendly park, so I guess hilarity is in the eye of the beholder. And it's not like anyone is saying that Yankee Stadium is overly hitter-friendly - only that an unusual number of HRs are hit there, which is demonstrably true.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor?season=2009

20. Penning10toColes

Why would they have the 2nd highest payroll if they didn't care about winning? Are they in it for the money?