Trade isn't 4 and 9, it's 4 FOR 9

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WestKyJetsFan, Mar 6, 2006.

1. WestKyJetsFan

WestKyJetsFan New Member

2. WestKyJetsFan

WestKyJetsFan New Member

Whoops... forgot to say that this was an old trade rumor from the 22nd of Feb... leads me to believe the new trade rumor is a poor rehash job of the old one

3. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Yo...where is the real source? not google search

4. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I would take that! We need a big WR only if he can stay healty.

5. Ten

Ten Active Member

Ugh,no way Backus,Rogers and a 4th cover the gap between 9th and 4th/abe.This would be a horrible trade.

6. lightning

lightning Active Member

Well, with backus we wouldn't need another tackle. Rogers would be the big play receiver if he can stay healthy. And hopefully we can pick up a rb with 9....it's tough to say

7. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

There is no source, its just a Lions fan posting what he thinks. How is al of that even close to fair value? Abe who has first round vaule and the number overall pick so we can trade down 5 spots, pick up a WR who hasn't played the last 2 years, and a 29 year old offensive tackle. Come on, not only is there not a credible source, the trade doesn't even make sense. Backus is not worth giving up Abe and trading down 4 spots, becuase at this point Rogers is not worth a whole lot considering he hasn't really playedand has been hurt most of his carear. I wouldn't hate the trade, I just think we could do better.

8. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

Why would we trade down to nine from four and give up a player?? This trade is sketchy. If anything is this trade they should be giving us way more.

9. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

They did tag Backus, which surprised me a little bit. If this was the trade, I'd be very angry.

10. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

If they made it Shaun Rodgers instead of Charles I'd take it in a heartbeat... but that's not happening.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

It's going to happen! I guarantee it! Awesome trade!

12. lightning

lightning Active Member

It sounds like a trade that could happen....

13. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

YUCK...that is a terrible trade...

Maybe if we are just giving them 4, but not 4 AND Abraham...

That will never happen...

Does anyone on this board think Mangini wants a guy like Rogers who has had drug suspensions? I dont...

14. PennyandtheJets

Abe for Rogers and the other player...

And all they had to give us to move up to 4 is a 4th rounder?

BS...

15. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Charles Rogers the Wide Reciever does not have drug suspentions, he has just been hurt every year. He has been in the league 3 years(hes only 24 though) and has a ton of potential if he can stay on the field. The Lions are definately getting the better deal if this goes down, unless of course Rogers happened to have a breakout year with us.

16. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

17. PennyandtheJets

You are completely wrong...get your facts straight...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2210739

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions welcomed receiver Charles Rogers back from a drug suspension Wednesday, but still didn't know who would be throwing the ball to him on Sunday.

Charles Rogers
    Wide Receiver
    Detroit Lions

Rogers practiced with the team after finishing a four-week suspension under the NFL's substance abuse program, but quarterback Jeff Garcia did not.

Receivers Scottie Vines and Mike Williams probably will start Sunday at Minnesota, but the backup spot didn't seem to bother Rogers, who had complained about his role in the offense before the suspension.

"I know I can contribute to the team and help this team win," he said. "It's not about me starting. I know I'm going to be out there."

Rogers would not say what drug he tested positive for, nor if he felt he had a drug problem. The closest he came to discussing the situation was saying he probably would have to say goodbye to some old friends and move on with his life.

18. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Sorry, my bad. I thought you were talking about Shaun Rogers when you said drug problems, thats why I posted that. I was completely unaware that Charles Rogers had drug problems.

19. PennyandtheJets

"Charles Rogers the Wide Reciever does not have drug suspentions, he has just been hurt every year. He has been in the league 3 years(hes only 24 though) and has a ton of potential if he can stay on the field. The Lions are definately getting the better deal if this goes down, unless of course Rogers happened to have a breakout year with us."

If you were talking about Shaun Rogers you could have fooled me...

20. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

I said I thought YOU were talking about Shaun Rogers, as in you thought the trade was for Shaun Rogers not Charles Rogers. I posted what I did because I thought you were thinking it was Shaun Rogers, I was saying that it was Charles not Shaun, and I got the part about the drugs wrong, to me its not a big deal. No need to be an asshole about it...