Trade Abe and 1.4 for 1.1

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlToon4prez, Feb 19, 2006.

1. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

would the Jets make a move like this? If they did would they get Bush or they're top QB? I have heard the Texans are interested in Abraham.

2. lightning

lightning Active Member

the jets would, but im not sure i would....maybe if the texans throw in a 3rd

#2 lightning, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  3. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

They won the bush lottery they wont give him up

4. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I don't think they really want Bush to be honest with you. They know they need OL help like it's nobody's business and they already have a decent young runner who they invested money in recently and one who duplicates Reggie Bush's skills. They seem more resigned to taking Bush because he is the best then actually wanting to have him on the team.

I could see this trade happening and wouldn't mind seeing it happen. If we could get a pick or two in the 3rd or on the second day I would be ecstatic with this scenario.

5. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

They're need is really on the offensive line. I think it would make alot of sense for both sides. I think the Texans are open to trading down

6. I doubt we make sucha move. If anything the FO will want to trade down, even if we indeed get another 1st for Abe.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No way I pay the price of Abraham for moving up 3 slots. I'm OK with trading Abraham, but we need to get 2 very good players in this draft... the #4 pick and the one we get from Abraham. If we can deal down from #4 to get even more that's even better.

8. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

Bingo. I don't think they want Bush that much either. If they could find the right excuse for the presses they would trade out of that spot. 4th and Abe would be a great excuse. They can argue their getting a future ProBowl OT when they draft much needed D'Brick and getting the arguebly the leagues #1 pass rusher. Not to mention they have Carr and Davis.

9. Salz

Salz New Member

That would simply be one of the worst trades ever. We would be giving up a Top 5 talent AND a Top 5 draft in return for just one Top 5 pick. Threads like these should be banned not only for the implausibility of the suggestion, but for the idiocy too.

10. nohope

nohope New Member

True...but maybe we can get their 2nd and 3rd for abe...but if they need abe that bad...i doubt it...we wont renegotitate anyway we cant give him his money...we dont have it

11. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

other teams around the league know the situation with Abraham and the Jets. The Jets can't afford him and Abe wants out. That dramatically decreases the Jets leverage in trade negotiations. Even though Abraham is a premier pass rusher in this league, there is no way the Jets are going to get equal value for him.

12. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

I'm humbled by your obvious wisdom

13. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Usually I expect Jets fans to exhibit such misguided projections, I would like anyone to attempt to argue that Abraham is the best pass rusher in the league. :drunk:

14. Mexican Buc

Bingo. Heck they could all just lay back and wait to compare checks in FA with out having to waste any good value. The only reason they'll give up something good would be so they don't have to compare check books and they ones that usually are cap strapped have money invested and pick late- hence not good value. Those with good picks are confident in their wallets.

Those thinking Abe will likely reel in a 1st and a high 2nd at worst are overstepping.

It wasn't long ago people here would've given their left nut for Bush, especially after his 500 yard GAME! If you want him you want him. Why not give up something your going to lose anyways.

15. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Texans wouldn't do it, jets wouldn't do it.

16. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

any reasoning behind that opinion?

17. Mexican Buc

Don't get me wrong- I wouldn't. But you know when Jet fans say " We should get great value. Abe is one of, if not the, best pass rusher in the NFL." I doubt they believe it either, but its just something nice to throw in there. IMO, he might not be Top 10.

In no particular order- Derrick Burgess had a break out year, Osi Umenyiora, Simeon Rice, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Aaron Schobe,l Jason Taylor, Robert Mathis, Michael Strahan, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers. That 10 right there.

18. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Do you believe it is worth losing John Abraham to simply move up to get Reggie Bush? I sure don't. I'm not opposed to him being traded, but I'd much rather get more then a simple trade up to get a cap buster like Reggie Bush.

19. AlToon4prez

AlToon4prez Member

Bush wouldn't be as much of a cap buster as Abe right now. The reason, I personally like this move is because Reggie Bush is one of the best running backs I've ever seen, and seems to be more of a sure thing than any other draft pick available. He also fills a big need, as I don't see Houston being a star rb in the NFL, or a long term solution to the position.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Anyone think we need to make some cap room first before we start compiling first round draft choices?