Top 5 Free Agent Targets in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jan 14, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha true, but the Jets are stuck with him for 2019, so not much they can do about it. Hopefully Gregg Williams will get more out of him. I think he will.

b.reyes16 and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Thoughts on Donald Penn as a short term upgrade to Snell or Beachum?

3. Hes 35 & at this point wouldnt be an upgrade to either.Short term depth? Ehh..maybe.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'd rather roll with Beachum for another year before replacing him in 2020 with a LT prospect selected this year or next. I don't know how reliable this site is, but 6 of the top 8 OT prospects in 2020 are LT's.
    https://sportsgamingrosters.com/2019/02/14/2020-nfl-draft-offensive-tackles/

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  5. Wow..i knew about a handful of them but ive got some tape to watch.They dont even include my boy Jack Curhan out of Cal who is a beast & ill be shocked if he isnt a first round pick. A few of those names at the top look more like RTs to me..which is no longer a bad thing bc all OTs are in short supply & defenses have begun speed rushing the left edge just as often as blind side.

As for OTs this year...jonah & Taylor look more like RTs..the 2 guys i like as LT who may just need seasoning are Little & Cajuste..both are late 1st/early 2nd types IMO..

CotcheryFan likes this.
  6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen the Jets linked to ASJ in any way? Would be nice to see him come back here to be the #2 behind Herndon. He had a miserable stay in Jacksonville and credits the Jets for helping him turn his life around. Would be a nice depth signing in my opinion, and 10x better than Tomlinson or Sterling.

7. CotcheryFan

No idea if they are linked to ASJ, but I'd prefer to select a Josh Oliver in round 4 and pair him with Herndon.

rockyusmc2003 and Carpetbagger like this.
  8. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I like Tomilinson as a 3rd TE/FB. I don’t see the point of getting another receiving TE, unless we are drafting for an upgrade over Legett.

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Legget is the 2 .

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He has to prove himself to keep the #2. Injury prone .....maybe that changes this year but for now the Jets should be looking for another TE and hedge themselves.

11. mrjet80

The Jets haven’t made an effort to resign Tomlinson as of yet and I doubt they will. He dropped a lot of balls and I think they plan on moving on from him .

K'OB likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Played the last 13 games, under used in Bates’ run run pass offense
    . Still have faith he can be a big play te.

13. mrjet80

I hope you’re right . I liked him in college and was happy the Jets took him. If he works out it is one less position to worry about .

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree, and I really liked Leggett coming out of Clemson. I still hope he pans out. There are a number of TEs in the draft who are good blockers and decent or better receivers. With Gase liking to run a 2 TE offense at times, at a minimum, the Jets need 3 TEs and probably 4.

I have no desires to bring back ASJ or Tomlinson. Both suck as far as I'm concerned. I'd like to see Mac sign a TE in FA and then draft one in the 6th round. I really like Foster Moreau of LSU.

15. CotcheryFan

That's a big reason why I don't expect us to land either. Trading down is looking very unlikely now and we can get either Allen or Bosa to fill a massive need. I know you want skill players, but we can get pretty good ones in the middle rounds IMO. Anthony Johnson is someone I like as a possible #2 WR, who could become a #1WR with some development. Josh Oliver can be a 2nd TE and paired with Herndon.

16. Short of a trade down i think skill early is out the window.Mac blew getting an edge in FA even if justin houston signs.Its Allen/Bosa/Burns/Sweat at this point.

Ill be cringing when N’keal Harry goes elsewhere.Still feel like hes taylor made for Darnold & the perfect kind of WR for Metlife.

If Quinnon williams is the pick i might need someone w an MD to come talk to me..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. CotcheryFan

I agree that Williams can't be the pick when at least 1 of the elite Edge prospects will likely be available at 3. I feel that Johnson can be a red zone target as well as become a deep threat over time for us.

Also, there are many great WR prospects in 2020, so landing a #1 WR isn't a must, but it would be nice.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

If Bosa or Allen is on the board we cannot take Williams.

If Bosa and Allen are off the board we need to trade down at all reasonable costs rather than take Williams.

He’s gotta be the last option.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree on not passing on Bosa/Allen. It's been forever since J.Abe we've had an X-Factor pass rusher.

But no need to sleep on Williams if Bosa and Allen were off the board 1-2. If he's the next Sapp or Donald he'll become more than just a "DT/NT". But instead a Franchise game changer.

#1639 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    almbleamal likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Stop being a flake. There is no such thing as an X-factor. You sound stupid.

Who gives a shit if or who is “talking” him up.

Bosa Allen or trade back.