Too concerned with 'value'

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Imagesrdecieving, Mar 16, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Blackjack. Odds are you hit on 17 you're going to lose. I know Mac is being smarter now, but where was he before? He had to spend cap money, but he could have spent it smarter (eg locking up Mo and Snacks cheaply rather than overpaying one and losing the other) rather than blowing it on old guys.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He was great for the Jets though. Maybe not a legit TE, by today's standards. Where they're all 6'6 265 lbs.

3. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Well OJ Howard is 6'6" and 249 lbs and is a great blocker, so let hope we pick him!

NCJetsfan, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I forget which thread I posted it in but I posted a ton of 26-28 year old free agents we could've spent the Revis/Cromartie/Skrine/Gilchrist money on.

Amazing how we signed four secondary players all to at least $6-7 million/year salaries and only three were starters. What an idiot and disastrous free agency period that was. He deserved to be fired just as much as Idzik did.

The Jets were 12-20 with Idzik. 14-18 with Maccagnan. Hardly an improvement.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I was totally lost! LOL

We don't know that Snacks would have signed cheaply. If I remember correctly Mac did speak with Mo or his agent earlier but they couldn't come to an agreement. You know those things don't get done quickly. Before I can criticize Mac for not locking up Mo earlier, I'd have to hear his reasons for not trying harder to do that.

It's easy as fans to sit back and criticize when we don't have all the facts and know what has been said and done behind the scenes.