Tony Romo?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Patriot, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

After I heard that Tony Romo was replacing Phil Simms, my first reaction was hopefully he isn't as bad as Simms. To my surprise, not only is he better than Simms but he may be the best NFL color analyst out there. What a real pleasant surprise, CBS actually didn't hire him for just being a jock or one of Jerry Jones guys. The guy after working just two weeks is making observations like a well seasoned coach. I am wondering if he we will be better as time goes along.

It is to bad the media can't more people like Tony Romo in the broadcast booth. Now that I think about it, he is the best color analyst. If someone thinks there is someone better, please let me know! It appears Tony Romo is no dummy, an I sometimes wonder if he should have had a better career as a QB.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He was good in the broadcast box, but from yesterday's game, it's abundantly obvious that Cowboys cut the wrong dude.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he misses out on the Hall of Fame as a player, but maybe he'll one day get in as a broadcaster. Dude made the right choice. He wanted to be able to walk away from this game than rolled away in a wheelchair.

Finished with a 78-49 record, 248 touchdowns to only 117 interceptions and 34,000 yards passing. I think had he stayed healthy those last two years and played to his ability he would've had a shot at the HOF.

4. Patriot

Denver's defense is scary. If Dallas's offensive line which may be the best in the NFL can't move them who will? If Siemian can do a decent job at QB, they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

5. Patriot

He obviously is no dummy when it comes to the game and had Parcells stuck around longer, maybe he would be a Hall of Famer and still playing.

I wonder if the Gronk will be rolled away in a wheel chair. I will be surprised if he makes it to the end of the season.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Calling plays before they happen reminiscent of Hank Stram

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If I were the Pats I'd just mothball Gronk until the last quarter of the season.

8. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

Maybe a long suspension could be arranged , it worked for the other guy.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Hernendez?
    Don't think it worked that well for him.

Woodhead likes this.
  10. Patriot

All kidding aside, Hernandez was a despicable individual who's best act of life was ending it. Here is someone who had the skills to earn much money in the NFL but was more interested in being a gang banger. I know what I have to say is not Christian like, but I pray to God that no other NFL team is cursed to have a player like him in the future.

RuJFan likes this.
  11. Patriot

Woodhead likes this.
  12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's very troubling that I agree with a Pats fan as often as I agree with you :mad:

13. Jonathan_Vilma

In before sign Tony Romo and hire Jon Gruden next season...

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Incredible isn't it? He had 8 catches for 67 yards and a touchdown in the second Giants/Patriots Super Bowl. But he decided it was worth it to kill his future (or current?) brother in law because he disrespected him in the club.

Disrespected him in the club! It's not like the guy slept with his girlfriend or something. It was reportedly over a spilt drink...

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Unfortunately the Hernandez story is not over. Apparently he had an advanced case of CTE, and his daughter is now suing the NFL and the Patriots, claiming they knew that repetitive blows to the head could cause brain damage. Imagine if she wins? Football would be put out of business. And it's not out of the question - the fact that his murder conviction was perfectly appropriate (even if he had trouble controlling aggression because of CTE he knew that what he was doing was wrong, and that precludes an insufficient capacity defense) doesn't mean that a civil suit can't be won. There are plenty of cases, for example, where the victim of a drunk driver (or their survivors) sues a bar if the bar was negligent in the way they served the driver.

Even if this case is unsuccessful because Hernandez was a complete POS, it's inevitable that some other case like this is going to come along when an upstanding NFL citizen kills himself (that has of course already happened) or someone else, and heirs decide to sue, and win. That is by far the biggest threat to the game. And how long are colleges and universities going to keep playing the game and putting 19-year-old students (or "students") in direct harm's way this way?

16. Patriot

Hernandez's daughter is only 4 years old, so the real person is the mother or Hernandez's girlfriend that will benefit. The reason why the daughter is the plaintiff is because the mother was not married to Hernandez. Jose Baez a sleaze bag lawyer is pretty good and actually got Hernandez acquitted on his 2nd murder case. So the NFL should not take him lightly. The NFL is going to throw all resources in this case because if Hernandez's estate wins this case, say good by to the NFL. Jose Baez is just another example of how lawyers and judges have taken over this country.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'd give it some serious thought for him, too. its not like the Pat's won't win the division by four games anyway.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Today's Bengals/Packers is my first exposure to Romo and he's an excellent broadcaster. He breaks down the plays extremely well and has awesome insight into the X's and O's of the game.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

+1 on all of this. I heard him for the first time yesterday and he was excellent. He's going to have to work on the fact that he's buddies with all the quarterbacks ("Aaron this, Aaron that" about Rodgers), but I don't know if I've ever heard anyone who not only could explain so clearly what did happen on the last play, but also what should and will happen on the next one. The contrast with the usual ex-jock color guy was remarkable.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Romo is horrible on the air. Horrible.

Section 336 and wewantsapp like this.