Tony Pauline reports late Rosen push

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LF911SC, Apr 25, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

What the hell was he supposed to do about BB running behind his back to Kraft and the Pats? Be serious, there are things he should be blamed for and then theres this.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

What did we disagree about?

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I like Josh Rosen a lot. When I see this though, I see starlit glasses with blinders on. The unrequited love is not warranted. He is not a perfect prospect. He is worthy of the third overall pick, and a good fit for the Jets. This guy is not Peyton Manning reincarnate.

4. xxedge72x

Nah. I'm a Mayfield fan but today is about the Jets for me. If Mayfield is not our pick, then he will not be the one I'm rooting for moving forward. My allegiance is to the team, not the player.

JetLife5 and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's a thing of beauty watching some of those plays

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

1:36 is amazing.

Poeman likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'll be happy with either...happiest with Rosen, but I'd be excited with the midget :p too.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I love Rosen but his first two big throws were in that clip were not good. The first big bomb was underthrown and the receiver made a good adjustment to come back to the ball and keep his concentration with the DB making contact That second throw for a TD should have been picked. I was watching that game live and I rewound that play a few times and couldn't believe the DB whiffed on it. Right through his hands.

His last two throws were beautiful. That was an incredible comeback. Also he showed a lot of escabability in that game.

9. ColoradoContrails

You hit the nail on the head. Given that Bowles knows NOTHING about offense, and apparently doesn't care to, he's delegating the entire construction job to Bates, and what better way to build a great offense than to get a QB like Rosen that you not only can build around, but who helps you build it? Rosen was destined for NY, and it would be spitting in the eye of Destiny (you know, one of those Yankee Stadium strippers) if he doesn't wind up in Green & White.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

This guy is not Peyton Manning reincarnate....YET.

The thing is that he has the tools - physical and mental - to get there. He might not, but I like his chances.

CotcheryFan and Catfish Billy like this.
  11. legler82

You are reading a lot more into what I wrote. I'm on record as to not being in love any of the QB prospects in this class. Gun to my head I would probably draft Allen and bank on potential. "Starlit glasses with blinders on"? It's not like I have him as my avatar [cough...cough...Mr. President of the Mayfield Fan Club].

Rosen I think is the logical pick because he is the easiest evaluation and requires very little projection. You kind of know what you are going to get plus he should have some familiarity with your offensive concepts considering the Bates and Fisch connection. And last but not least, the FO can't afford to take a big risk.

#91 legler82, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. xxedge72x

Like I said, I like him. I have less of a problem with him specifically than I do those who would equate Rosen's prospects as meaning Mayfield sucks. I don't believe you fall into that category. You've shown that you have an open mind and I respect your opinion as such.

13. legler82

Can't speak for others, but I don't think Mayfield sucks. I just don't think he's worthy of pick #3 and definitely don't think he's worth 3 2nd round picks and the 6th overall pick in the draft.

14. ColoradoContrails

I really want Rosen obviously, but Mayfield would be a good choice too. Here's maybe the difference: With Rosen, he will come in Day 1 and be the guy, and actually help Bates build the offense. With Mayfield, he MIGHT be able to start Day 1, but there's going to be a lot of Doubting Thomases who will rain boos down on him the first time he struggles. He's probably tough enough to handle it, and will even THRIVE on it, but will Bowles react to that and pull the plug on him? It's a very fine line, but Rosen gives Macc & Bowles the most cover in the end, even if he flops (which is highly unlikely).

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just want someone we can build around for a decade :(

Poeman likes this.
  16. xxedge72x

I'm hesitant about saying anyone will be the guy from day 1. Bowles typically shows a clear preference for veterans. Safety was an exception because the position was a barren wasteland going into last year's draft, and for the most part both Adams and Maye lived up to their billing.

The second issue is that it is so normal for rookies to struggle. This administration has already shown a willingness to exercise extreme patience at this position. I agree Rosen projects easily, but projecting isn't the same as translating. Regardless of the pick, there will be a waiting game before they become "the guy".

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. dman928

dman928 Well-Known Member

This. This. This.

He's the smartest and most NFL ready QB in the draft. This regime has no history of being able to groom anyone.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I just dont feel good about any of these guys - would happily trade 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Jimmy G!

20. legler82

If I had to make an educated guess I would say the war room debate is as follows:

Owner: Team Darnold. He's the biggest name and consensus top QB among most TV pundits.
    GM: Team Allen. Mac is a former scout so it's hard for him to pass on those measurables and the potential.
    HC: Team Mayfield. Being a former player he can appreciate a gamer when he sees one.
    OC: Team Rosen. I see them connecting as they are both reportedly 2 in depth football minds.

At the end of the day I think Mac goes with Rosen with the bold being the real motivation but they will spout the following cliches:

-highest floor
    -pro-ready
    -purest passer
    -#1 on our board

CotcheryFan likes this.