Tony Pauline reports late Rosen push

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LF911SC, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Yep. I will open it now. @Cman60 - Boss. Will open the thread now as it is Draft Day.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It's Bo Callahan Day!!

Red Menace likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I just watched the movie last night. Vontae Mack rocks so does Brian Drew. The coach though, he won the ring at Dallas with somebody else's team. Draft Day movie rocks!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You forget Putney rocks too

Brook! likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I understand the Rosen love. He is the most fundamentally sound QB and most years I would be screaming for them to pick a prospect like this.

But I just have this awful feeling about not selecting Baker Mayfield. He's got the feel of the type of player we miss out on that turns out to be great. You somehow overlook how accomplished he is because he's too short and pick some bust and then later it's "duh we shoulda seen that coming."

the "analytics" nerds would prefer Mayfield too where as the classic "call em as I see em" type scouts would prefer Rosen. Idk, we will see what happens, there's nothin we can do about it

ColoradoContrails and xxedge72x like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is exactly how I'm feeling. I know Rosen would be a great pick. But I have this pit in my stomach at the thought of Mayfield ending up anywhere else.

xxedge72x likes this.
  7. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

If Mayfield in the AFC North or the NFC East, it's okay with me. Nothing the Jets could do about that.

legler82 likes this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Baker could very well be great with the right circumstance. However, I think Rosen would thrive as a Jet given the fact that him and Bates are the only smart offensive guys in the room. They will need to develop an offense and get the rest of the team on the same page. That is going to require a lot of work, and for Josh Rosen that's the type of responsibility you give him right away. Throw everything at him. The offense will essentially be his.

This will push Rosen to reach his ceiling. Some say he's got some Peyton Manning like qualities. David Carr said it, a UCLA linebacker also said it.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know, the only way it's truly on the Jets is if they pass on Mayfield and that's a whole different level of anger. It would almost be worse knowing that we didn't even have the option to fuck up or draft the best QB in the draft.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Giant's HC deserved to be fired having nothing to do with Eli. Good move by the Giants moving on. Woody is the guy who let BB go to NE. The guy isn't just a meddler, he bought the Jets and decided to let the Mayor and governor use him for an olympic bid instead of securing the best Football man in NFL history. While most owners meddle, some of them are actually smart.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  11. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

There is no question about it Rosen is a very very smart Quarterback with nimble feet.

12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I dont understand in these reports that say " people on the jets" or "they are split". Isnt it the GENERAL MANAGERS choice?

13. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

OK, thats well and good but thats not Woody met with and likes Mayfield. Just found that interesting given that Woody is in the UK and Chris is running all aspects of the team. Thanks

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

There's no projection needed with Rosen. You see him running a NFL offense and doing it well. You see him executing plays under center AND shotgun, turning his back to the defense, quickly going through his progressions, calling audibles and hanging protections as the LOS, making NFL throws, you name it. His OC was our OC's former QB coach in Bates' last OC gig in the NFL. Rosen's as plug and play as you can get. For a FO and CS on the hot seat, I don't see how you don't take him.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  15. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

What? Firing the HC isnt meddling. Meddling is telling the HC to bench the starting QB as Mara did though. And worse is when it blows up in your face you make that HC the scape goat and fire him.

Now to the fantasy part of the post. Who let BB go to NE? Did we all miss that BB conspired with the pats, with Kraft to negotiate behind the Jets back? What does that have to do with Woody? Because the Pats and Kraft cheated Woody is to blame? Really, you believe this? Best part is no one cared at the time, no one really wanted BB to be the HC of the NYJ. The Mayor wanted the WS Stadium for more than a few reasons, one being his Olympic bid. What youre missing is that the mayor was outmanned by Silver and his cronies on the behalf of the Dolans who didnt want deal with another NYC Stadium. Silver wanted extra money to go to downtown rebuild etc and the deal was killed. Has nothing to do with meddling.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

it really is a no brainer, but then again look for the Jets to outthink the situation

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

So you're okay with buying a football team and not doing the due diligence regarding the football operation? He was trying to steal money from the City and State and got his ass kicked by Kraft without even knowing it was happening.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Back to agreeing!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

My hope is if we don't get Mayfield for whatever reason, that it is either because he went #1 OR that he falls to Arizona. I don't want him in our division.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Aww edge, did you change your avatar as to not jinx us getting Mayfield? :)

Red Menace and CotcheryFan like this.