Tom Brady throwing gay again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by bojanglesman, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Anybody else get a weird pedo vibe from Brady's new Uggs commercial?

[YOUTUBE]Es1ayUp12sw[/YOUTUBE]

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

3. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

SO did Tampon get his nose broken on Sunday?

4. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

This thread title cracks me up every time I see it bumped.

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Yeah I thought it was hilarious. Welker seems like the kind of guy who would mess him a lot. He was the one to do the foot thing in his press conference so I'm not surprised. I'm pissed at Welker though he's on my fantasy team and he did shit for me week 1. He's also projected to do nothing week 2? You know why that is? Too many options now is that it?

7. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

It was just one game, but against Tennessee, the Patriots really put an emphasis on running the ball and trying to have an "efficient" passing game. Brady only threw 31 times, which for him is definitely on the low side.

The ball distribution was mainly to the TEs (6 catches a piece for Hernandez and Gronk) and Brandon Llyod (5 catches on 6 targets, and the one miss, on the first throw to him, was an easy TD if he hadn't misjudged it and stopped running). Lloyd is going to get his throws because he's the only guy who can win the one-on-ones on the outside, and Gronk and Hernandez will pretty much own the middle of the field. The Patriots aren't going to want to franchise Welker again in 2013, unless they do that and trade him to whatever team will give him a long-term deal or risk having him play with a cap number of around $11 million, give or take, next season.

So it's probably a combination of things... shift in offensive philosophy (the ground game was really great for them on Sunday)... the number of weapons at Brady's disposal... the possibility that the team is kind of phasing him out a little in preparation for not having him around long-term...

He'll probably have some bigger games along the way but I don't see him putting up his normal type of numbers this year. But again, it's early. If someone gets injured or if their offense stagnates at any point things could change drastically.

8. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Pats are a gameplan team, even in his 1600 yard season last year Welker had a game or 2 with absolutely no involvement and still had monster numbers for the season.

He had games with:

He still finished with 1,569 yards and 9 TDs.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

How do you guys feel about playing him against the Cards. Their D is much improved this year imo.

10. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I know what strngplyr is saying, but if I had Welker on my fantasy team, I'd bench him if you have another viable option. At least until he has one decent game and kind of shows that he's part of the plan this year and not an accessory to the offense.

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Cards are covering outside receivers very well lately, Lloyd may be the 13 yard guy this week while Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez get the workload between the hashes.

That'd just be my guess, though.

Welker will be his usual self this season, he's been Brady's favorite target and in just 5 seasons he's tied with Troy Brown for most receptions by a NE receiver with 557. There is absolutely no evidence to show that he won't once again be among the most targeted receivers in the NFL, as he has been since coming here. He's just as fast, just as quick, his hands haven't changed, if anything he'll be even more motivated to prove he deserves the contract he wants, whether its from NE or another team.

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I read this last night and it made me feel like an idiot, LOL...

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2012/09/limited_welker.html

In fairness to myself, I didn't start thinking Welker's role may be reduced after the Titans game. So it wasn't a knee-jerk reaction by me... I've been thinking that since camp.

The only aspect Wilbur doesn't really mention in the article, though, is that Belichick is very hard to read and/or predict. I can't see them franchising Welker again, nor can I see them signing him to a deal he'll accept. If this is his last year in NE, it's reasonable to believe that they will lean on other guys who will be here long-term.