Tom Brady suspended for four games Overturned!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wow! Talk about a smoking gun!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This statement shows how pathetically bad your reading comprehension and understanding of the entire situation has been from the start.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think pretty much everyone has been laughing at you all day.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

All day? For him, I think that's a life issue.
    Just sayin.

5. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

I dont think so

6. Hobbes3259

No he was wrong.

I was right.

7. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Can't tell if unable to comprehend the facts of the situation or just trolling...

8. Burning Elvii

He did. It was in his player contract

Berman wouldn't let Nash argue it

I want Brady to play and no qualms saying it.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

what is bot emeriti?

10. Burning Elvii

Board of Trustees Emeriti

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

12. This could EASILY be the gateway to an appeal.

13. Hobbes3259

Props for honesty.

not to segue into a political discussion...but where the fuck have we gone wrong as a country when non elected mandarins can make it up as they go along, and have no fear of recourse or reprisal ?

14. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

Neither. If you remember in the court conferences the judge asked many questions specific to the deflation of footballs. So while he wrote a technically rock solid decision, it was crafted in a way to make overturning it on appeal virtually impossible.

He wouldn't have asked those questions if he wasn't interested in the answers to them. The dude is a person. He took the public opinion and BS out of his decision. In here it's different. I'm not trolling or making a big whoop but I believe that because it makes the most sense.

15. Hobbes3259

Rock solid?

Are you daft?

Clearly you didn't take the 40 minutes to actually READ the decision.

He said he overturned the penalty because Brady had no advance notice that the crime would lead to the penalty.

Two Points...;

Try being a citizen in "Judge" Bermans courtroom, and argue that lack of knowledge of the sentencing guidelines led you to commit a crime.

hahahahaha

Or argue that you were (as an NFL player) unaware that impropriety is a perception issue

16. SteveGrogan

Daft punk. And that is absolutely not all that it said.

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

That's what you get for earning your law degree at Walmart.

_

TNJet likes this.
  18. SteveGrogan

"[o]ur scientific consultants informed us that the data alone did not provide a basis for them to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was uot tampering, as the analysis of such data is ultimately dependent upon assumptions and information that is uncertain."

19. Burning Elvii

Spoiled Wussy Cheater Boy issues statement

Tom Brady issues statement, is grateful to be playing
    • By Around The NFL staff NFL.com
    • Published: Sept. 4, 2015 at 10:40 p.m.

A day after his four-game NFL suspension was nullified by a judge, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady issued a statement on his Facebook page, thanking his supporters while expressing regret over how the suspension controversy has been a distraction for the sport.

"While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this," Brady wrote. "I don't think it has been good for our sport -- to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL."

U.S. District Judge Richard Berman voided the suspension levied against Brady on May 11 when Ted Wells, an independent investigator hired by the NFL, asserted Brady's connection to deflated footballs used in the AFC Championship Game this past season. Goodell upheld that four-game suspension upon review.

The decision came after multiple attempts at settlement between Brady, his council, the NFL Players Association and the NFL. On Monday, Berman dismissed both sides after just a few minutes after realizing they were too far apart to reach a settlement. The league officially appealed Berman's decision Thursday afternoon.

Read Brady's full statement below:

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can't wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team who has fought so hard right along with me. While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this. I don't think it has been good for our sport -- to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation. I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud. I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs -- on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year ... and beyond!

#3120 KurtTheJetsFan, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.